British Speedway Forum

Not sure if I am a bit slow off the mark, but I have seen on the GP website that the date for next year's British GP has been announced as the 11th June. Tickets on sale now!!!

Sorry if everyone has already seen this.

Been giving the '05 GP some thought after looking into next year's event.

Ticket prices are higher than this year I see. I believe that the number of riders in each event is being reduced to 16 - I assume this is likely to see a reduction in the number of races for each round.

So, we get charged more money, to see less racing. That doesn't seem very fair does it? Does sound familiar though. More money for BSI, less action for the paying customer, or have I missed something?

The format tonight for the GP playoff final is likely to be the one used next year in the GPs themselves, so a couple of races less for yoour money.

I heard that the program is included in the price of the ticket, though this as yet is to be confirmed.

Either way i got my tickets for next years GP. Hopefully the crowd will continue to grow and we will have as good a GP as this years.

You could be right about the format Steve, but I can't help thinking that it's a retrograde step. What is wrong with the current format - it seems to work pretty well for the most part, doesn't it. I guess from a BSI viewpoint it's better to have less riders to pay prize money to?

I heard that the program is included in the price of the ticket, though this as yet is to be confirmed.

That is definitely the case Steve.

More money, less races, WHO CARES!!!

Its worth going just for the atmosphere, not just in the stadium but also in cardiff all day long.

Got my tickets already, middle tier, turn 3, same every year :D

I will think I will get my tickets on the day. I prefer it in the nose bleed section. So, you can see all the track. Regardless, we have a friend who doesnt like heights. So he pays £25 for his ticket and then ends up in the £50 with the stadium being open fully round.

Less Races, Less Riders = I think more rounds, possibly Australia this year.

Does anyone know of some reasonably priced hotels or bed and breakfasts to stay in near the millenium stadium? Already tried quite a few and they are already sold out. :o

You will be very lucky to find one now Gaz , everyone knows the dates so therefore will have booked up... We are staying in the Marriot and booked 3 weeks ago and it was 3/4 full then... So as I say , you will be very lucky... Good Luck :)

Guest wilburforce
Its worth going just for the atmosphere, not just in the stadium but also in cardiff all day long.

Think you are confusing atmostphere with noise. You haven't experienced an atmostphere until you have been to Bydgoszcz. Sorry, but it's the truth.

You will be very lucky to find one now Gaz , everyone knows the dates so therefore will have booked up... We are staying in the Marriot and booked 3 weeks ago and it was 3/4 full then... So as I say , you will be very lucky... Good Luck  :)

Very true! most are booked up.

I tried to book a hotel about 4 weeks ago and everyone I tried was either full, wanted £150 pppn or wouldn't let me book till 6 months before the event.....

I think the best bet maybe to try somewhere just outside of Cardiff, or see if you can kip on someones floor!! :D