British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JY2003

Well Done Hans Andersen

After what most of us think Andersen did to this country, he doesn't deserve our congratulations IMO.

I was very sorry to see him win.

Well Said Totally Agree With You :wink:

"Oh how quickly the so called Team GB fans forget! :mad:

Shelby,it's not the team GB fans that are forgetting.I for one will never forget or forgive,thats my perogative.It's just the Ipswich fans and Andersen sucker uppers coming out of the woodwork now it's quietening down and he's won something.They couldn't be seen anywhere after the world cup final.Disappointed in one or two others on this forum who like to call a spade a spade,where are they now ? all the bigshots,maybe's busy looking at other stuff to stir up as per usual.

After what most of us think Andersen did to this country, he doesn't deserve our congratulations IMO.

I was very sorry to see him win.

Well Said Totally Agree With You :wink:

"Oh how quickly the so called Team GB fans forget! :mad:

Shelby,it's not the team GB fans that are forgetting.I for one will never forget or forgive,thats my perogative.It's just the Ipswich fans and Andersen sucker uppers coming out of the woodwork now it's quietening down and he's won something.They couldn't be seen anywhere after the world cup final.Disappointed in one or two others on this forum who like to call a spade a spade,where are they now ? all the bigshots,maybe's busy looking at other stuff to stir up as per usual.

As said before to someone else who seems to excel at holding grudges, its called moving on in life, i'm not sure how old you are but I have been to, and seen enough sporting disasters / disappointments to make me all rather immune to it.

No doubt you will claim that as defeatist but I am a successful in business and also have enjoyed a successful sporting career of my own, therefore watching other sports i do for enjoyment and don't take it SO to heart if my team / my country don't win.

besides when there are wars in the world and problems galore in the rest of the country i tend NOT to get all pig headed and out of my pram over sport! Thats my perogative!

Far TOO many other things in life to concentrate on, as i said at the time a few pints on a sunny day the day after the world cup i'd got over it, and after seeing a lot of the complete drivel written on here i had a good old laugh.

Blunt enough for you?

Edited by General Melchitt

Well said General :D

It's just the Ipswich fans and Andersen sucker uppers coming out of the woodwork now it's quietening down and he's won something.They couldn't be seen anywhere after the world cup final.

Sorry Philip - you can't have been reading these forums in the days after the World Cup........there are plenty of us who were posting in favour of Hans then too! As I've said before, unless anyone on here is claiming mind-reading powers then there is still only ONE person who knows what was going through Hans' head during that race, and that is Hans himself. As for team GB fans "forgetting" well, I think it can be said that there are a few on here who have attained sufficient maturity in their lives to put defeat behind them and look to the future. :rolleyes:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The difficulty for Hans supporters is his claim that he didn't see Peter Karlsson coming when the TV pictures clearly show him look twice then shut off.

Hence I don't believe the rest of what he said and feel he shouldn't be surprised that people like me don't want to see him do well.

We've always had controversial riders or "villains" and IMO Hans has made himself one with most British supporters.

We've always had controversial riders or "villains" and IMO Hans has made himself one with most British supporters.

How do you come to the conclussion that most British supporters think he is a villain.It can`t be from this forum and though i have not seen the speedway star i gather they were a bit surprised at the controversy.

Guest Jim Blanchard

Interesting email from Ove Fundin who is a five times world champion and Swedish, and his name is on the trophy.

"What a great success this years World Speedway Cup turned out to be.....and not just the final. Of course the final is always the pinnacle of any sport, and so it was in Poole. Only in the last race did we get to know the winner. It was a thrilling end to a fantastic meeting, but Hans Andersen's behavior with his "help" to Peter Karlsson was quite unnecessary, I'm sure Peter would have won anyway, he was the star of the night. Hans said after the meeting that

"every rider looks over his right shoulder coming out of the first turn" No, Hans, that is not so, the only time a rider would do that, is when he is team riding, when riding for your self, all you do is concentrate on your own riding. There were a few mysteries about the cup meetings, what ever happened to the Australian team???and what happened to Tomasz Gollop, the hero of Poland's race-off, and then only one point in the final???? The stadium in Poole is very nice, but for the World Cup Final I would like to see a bigger stadium and in a bigger city."

Ove.

Edited by Jim Blanchard

the guy s still a cheat and should be made unwelcome at all tracks in the uk

very interesting from a riders perspective.

albeit from a rider of four or five decades ago. Well done to Hans Andersen, top man.

albeit from a rider of four or five decades ago. Well done to Hans Andersen, top man.

Everone can do that writing and claim it is some former top-rider. Where is the proof ?

Everone can do that writing and claim it is some former top-rider. Where is the proof ?

Who really gives a toss eh?

Who really gives a toss eh?

You are so right again. :wink:

the guy s still a cheat and should be made unwelcome at all tracks in the uk

So should the person with the camera that resulted in Scotty stopping - I bet that was you wasn't it? Come on, own up and stay away in future!!! :lol:

Edited by ezekiel