British Speedway Forum
Guest BilaHora

i remember when...

Was only there once but i do remember a giant piece of meat being carved.Didn't sample it myself,always took my own food when i travelled north ;)

Guest BilaHora

All

I remember when I used to visit Powderhall and always stopping at Joe's Chicken Bar in Musselburgh for fish and chips (or, as they say north of the border, "...fish supper") on the way home. They were great, although I always got a funny look when I insisted on salt and vinegar rather than salt and sauce. Sadly, as I discovered after landing in Edinburgh last Wednesday, Joe's Chicken Bar is no longer there - a sad loss.

Regards

BilaHora

Edited by BilaHora

BilaHora

Yes, we used to do that when coming from Old Meadowbank. It was on the right coming south and we used to park the car across the rode so we could keep an eye on it. Riders used to also stop there.

With the new bypasses you miss out on these sort of places, fortunately the Robert Smith fishshop in Berwick is close to the track and not affected by any bypass. :)

:blink::blink:

I remember the wondeful cuisine available at the Brighton Bonanza I attended a couple of years ago. There were three items on the menu:

1. Sausage and Chips

2. Sausage without Chips

3. Chips without Sausage.

mmmmm. Mouth-watering. :D

Guest BilaHora

Mr Tsunami

When visiting Brough Park (at least when Newcastle raced on a Monday) it was straight to the Golden Chip on Chillingham Road after the meeting. Thankfully, the Golden Chip is still going strong.

Regards

BilaHora

Note to all vistors attending the PL Pairs event at Ashfield: Do not fail to secure a pie and chips (AKA pie supper) from the kiosk in the stand.

BilaHora

Not sure whether it is open on a Sunday, I would doubt it. Your right that the Golden Chip is worth a visit. The guy who runs it is a car rally fan but I have tried to convert him with no success. :)

:blink::blink:

I remember the wondeful cuisine available at the Brighton Bonanza I attended a couple of years ago. There were three items on the menu:

1. Sausage and Chips

2. Sausage without Chips

Speedway track food!

Mind you, you can't even gte that at Newport. I think it's burger or cheese burger.

1. Sausage and Chips

2. Sausage without Chips

Speedway track food!

Mind you, you can't even gte that at Newport. I think it's burger or cheese burger.

And you get the added bonus of being horrendously ill after digesting one. Oh well, at least I got Monday off work! :blink: