British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
norbold

Specially for CHK

So there I was minding my own business listening to BBC Essex this morning when they played "Chewy Chewy" and the memories came flooding back. Do you remember, CHK? Buddha Records, Kasenetz Katz and those unforgettable records such as Chewy Chewy, Goody Goody Gumdrops, Kasenetz Katz Singing Orchestral Circus, Yummy Yummy Yummy, Quick Joey Small, Simon Says....Those were the days. :)

Having said all that, I hope you do remember, CHK, otherwise I'll look a right idiot! :blink:

So there I was minding my own business listening to BBC Essex this morning when they played "Chewy Chewy" and the memories came flooding back. Do you remember, CHK? Buddha Records, Kasenetz Katz and those unforgettable records such as Chewy Chewy, Goody Goody Gumdrops, Kasenetz Katz Singing Orchestral Circus, Yummy Yummy Yummy, Quick Joey Small, Simon Says....Those were the days.  :)

Having said all that, I hope you do remember, CHK, otherwise I'll look a right idiot!  :blink:

I'm Saying nothing! :blink::(:lol:

ill hijack this thread for ya CHK for a bit of Rum.. :) ahem.. all due respect Norbold..

Hummmm humm humm hum humm hummm humm hum.

That was the beginning of Chewy Chewy.

Should I go on? :)

its gettin to sound like a broth eaters convention around here, no place for a young un like myself..too hip, gotta go.. uh, with all due respect to my elders.. :)

Jeeeesus...those memories are flooding back...it was called bubblegum music wasn't it.

I definitely remember one of the records was by the 1910 Fruitgum Company 'cos I had a copy on 45rpm...can't remember the record title though.

Those were the days, me mum used to give me seven and sixpence dinner money and I used to go hungry at lunchtimes so I could use it to go to West Ham on a Tuesday night. I used to have to pretend that I'd done some car washing to get the cash.

Thank God she wasn't that annoyed when I finally owned up and told her though...but then I was 36 years old and married with children by that time ! ! :rolleyes:

You had to be there at the time sandman :D

I was ... Norbold.. :blink:

Jeeeesus...those memories are flooding back...it was called bubblegum music wasn't it.

I definitely remember one of the records was by the 1910 Fruitgum Company 'cos I had a copy on 45rpm...can't remember the record title though.

Yes, it was called bubblegum music. Buddha Records were West Ham's sponsors in 1969, so all the music played was from their Kasenetz Katz LPs (as we used to call albums in those days). The groups included 1910 Fruitgum Co., Ohio Express and the Rock 'N' Roll Dubble Bubble Trading Card Company of Philadelphia 1914 amongst others, who all joined together in one super group called Kasenetz Katz Singing Orchestral Circus.

1910 Fruitgum Company's big hit was Simon Says.

Yes, it was called bubblegum music. Buddha Records were West Ham's sponsors in 1969, so all the music played was from their Kasenetz Katz LPs (as we used to call albums in those days). The groups included 1910 Fruitgum Co., Ohio Express and the Rock 'N' Roll Dubble Bubble Trading Card Company of Philadelphia 1914 amongst others, who all joined together in one super group called Kasenetz Katz Singing Orchestral Circus.

1910 Fruitgum Company's big hit was Simon Says.

I was only 13 at the time so the memory is a bit vaugue :oops:

I have been looking for some music for my website ? Now that's a thought :blink:B)

I was only 13 at the time so the memory is a bit vaugue :oops:

I have been looking for some music for my website ? Now that's a thought :blink:B)

Eerrr....I'm not gonna mention how old I was at that time, it'll depress me as much as the probable name change at Arena.... :blink:

Yummy yummy yummy, I've got love in my tummy.

I remember that. For some reason it reminds me of being round my Gran's house, so it was probably played on the little transistor radio she had in the dining room. I also remember a song something like: Judy in Disguise with glasses, which came to mind along with my Gran's transistor radio.

I didn't go to Speedway then though. I was more interested in playing Pinky and Perky records at the wrong speed to make them sound like normal people. Did that at my Gran's too.