British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Best Ever Team

T Brooks

Johnny B came to Cradley in 74 and rode for 3 years before returning to Leicester. I think one of the main reasons he moved was that he wanted to be a No 1, so he wanted to get out of the shadow of Ray Wilson. He took over Bernie Persson's mantle at Dudley Wood, though Bernie rode with him in 75. Look up the Cradley website for news of what John is up to now.

My Speedway life started in '68 so can't remember JB's Long eaton days.

Regards

Canterbury :?:

Thats the dogs DD

How far behind are you CHK? That went years ago :!: and Canterbury produced some good riders :!: :!:

Thats the dogs DD

Thats what I meant, you feel the same then about it CHC? :D

DD

No :!:

But do like a wind up :!: ;-) :D

Good to see Cradley get a few votes, and I never said a word. :approve::D;)

'83 - Dream team. With the greatest respect to everyone I think the stat's speak for themselves. Someone said what if speedway wasn't ruled by averages, how long would that team have ruled the roost?

;):P

The Cradley team of 83 was by far the best team i have seen but didnt they make heavy finacial loses cos people stayed away ?. It was just a case how many theywon by not if they were gonna win or not. BORING

Evo

You are right, although we were a great team that year a number of the home meetings were crap with the opposition beaten before the start. The away matches were more entertaining but even then we hit some big 50plus scores.

I think the financial problems stemmed less from smaller crowds but more from the big payouts to the riders.

1991 Arena Essex Hammers were statistically the best ever National League/Second Division/Premier League team of all time. League, Cup and Fours Champions. Would have won the Gold Cup too, but for a bad refereeing decision. Only one loss in the league all year, only 4 points dropped in the 4TT Final, the top 2 riders in the league, huge crowds and the greatest comeback in speedway history too. :D:D:D Also the first team to win promotion to the top flight.

Bo Petersen 10.54

Brian Karger 10.23

Alan Mogridge 8.85

Troy Pratt 7.45

Andy Galvin 7.43

Paul Hurry 5.59

Colin White 5.45

Others:

Jan Pedersen 6.87

Rob Ledwith 5.25

<Sigh> Oh for those days back again. Especially the crowds!

Guest headmixer

The best league team seen in British Speedway has to be the current Poole team, how we got to have 4 GP riders in one team I don't know.

Oxford in '86 weren't that good then,were they??? :D

Guest bluesboyfil
Gemini, your dead right on that Lions team, an incredible thing to happen and I`m certain it will never be equaled, as for Willy boy I`m amazed how little his name is mentioned on this forum (apart from me :) ) he was a truly great rider !
8) Your right Madbiker,Ray Wilson was a great rider, and it's nice to see is name on the forum. The guy IS a Legend 8)