Didn't get off my seat much as there was no need to

I only got off mine once, to let the dog out for a slash. :D

i think you mean he's past it

You wish.

Well done TRicky, not bad for someone who's passed it

passed what?? the football? the shop?

Don't worry sting, they dont mean it!

The only thing Tony passed tonight was the finish line, first and miles ahead of anyone else 8)

Guest Andy123

You wish.

yep, don't we all. this man is awesome (not Honey, I mean Rickardsson :P)

You wish.

yep, don't we all. this man is awesome (not Honey, I mean Rickardsson :P)

As I've said before, we are all priviledged to be watching a true speedway legend.

Guest Andy123

Nice and subtle as always LT, pmsl. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Didn't you have to get up twice, the other time to let the poor dog in - or is he still out now? :shock::P;) :twisted:

It's a bitch so of course she's clever enough to let herself in. :approve:

What an awful meeting!

For god sake Olsen put some f***in dirt down. We might actually get some decent racing if you do.

Sorry to swear but i found the meeting so boring and struggled to watch it and im a speedway fan. Think of how the non speedway fans would have felt watching that. They would have turned off after a couple of heats.

What were they riding on? To me it looked like some kind of powder not shale!

If that track would have had a bit if dirt on it would have been a top meeting. The shape of the track is superb and the surface had bedded down from last season so for it to be so slick was very annoying.

Flash wanted out a few times. Beginning to think he doesn't like speedway. Just made a moaning noise like he does when he wants out. When I did let him out he just looked at me on the other side of the patio door in the pouring rain. Typical awkward Male :evil: ;)

What an awful meeting!

For god sake Olsen put some f***in dirt down. We might actually get some decent racing if you do.

Sorry to swear but i found the meeting so boring and struggled to watch it and im a speedway fan. Think of how the non speedway fans would have felt watching that. They would have turned off after a couple of heats.

What were they riding on? To me it looked like some kind of powder not shale!

If that track would have had a bit if dirt on it would have been a top meeting. The shape of the track is superb and the surface had bedded down from last season so for it to be so slick was very annoying.

Well I thought it a very enjoyable meeting. Admitedly the track was far too slick but there was quite a bit of overtaking after the first 5 heats.

Cream always rises to the top and the final had the correct 4 riders battling it out. Well, battling it out for second as Trick was head, shoulders, chest and waist above the opposition all night. Total dominance and I think this was Tony's easiest win in all the GP's he has competed in.

Some think it boring but Tony is laying down the level of commitment and ability that others need to attain if they wish to compete, and in the long term it is only good for the sport to bring it to higher standards.

Tricks averages have been down this year, and this is completely due to bike troubles. The only way he would have lost this GP is for an EF but luckily it looks like the gremlins have been exterminated.

It is a well known fact that all sporting legends prove to be extremely unpopular when they dominate their sport. Only when they are about to retire do they suddenly become a hero of sorts. Schumacker in F1, Steve Davis or Henry in Snooker, Tiger Woods in Golf, the list is endless. Unless you actually support that sporting legend, then you find it boring and anybody but them please.

With Trick on such fine form, the rest need to raise their game or the series will be sewn up with three GPs to go. Don't blame Tony. What should he do? not try? Ask to start off 15 meters? Not bother to turn up for a couple of rounds? Or race with one arm tied behind his back!

At the end of the day every generation sees a Speedway great. Fundin, Briggs, Mauger, Nielsen, Rickardsson. Rather than thinking it boring because you are not a fan, realise that this guy is riding now and you are probably watching speedway history in the making. Maugers six titles? Six? Schmix! Seven is heaven and Trick WILL get them before he finally pulls off that steel shoe.

Enjoy watching him now and you can tell your grand children you saw the greatest speedway rider of all time at your track against your boys.

Now that ain't a bad thing.

cheers

Steve Shovlar

I have to say that as a meeting I thought it was pretty poor up until the last few races - most of the 'excitement' came through the mistakes caused by the dodgy track - I think it was one of the semis where the first three did a synchronised 'lift' going down the back straight!!!

I DID enjoy the meeting but I've definatly seen better! It also blew out of the water the myth that temporary tracks are bad and permenant tracks are good - Slaski has been around for donkey's years and it still looked pretty awful!

I HAVE to agree with Steve Shov though (everyone's allowed to agree with him once you know! :D ) that Tony is the 'great' of this generation and he WILL beat Mauger's record possibly by two or three titles. The way he's riding at the moment I can see him dominating the GP's for years to come. As Steve said, I for one feel priviledged to be seeing him at his peak - my parents were great Briggo fans and I grew up hearing how wonderful he was...my little girl will get sick of hearing how good Tony was, and how speedway was better in the old days, and how laid down engines ruined the sport etc etc - sorry I went off at a tangent there for a mo!!! :P :roll: I think I'd better go and lie down.......:oops:

Will someone please tell me, Did mark Loram ride or not? I see he's got 5 points so I assume he rode.

No, Maggie, Mark didn't ride. He was willing to give it a go, but the powers-that-be decided it would be in everyones interest if he didn't ride. He was awarded the 5 points tho.