British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KIWIPIRATE

Handlebars...

So it's not just British promoters who have daft ideas! :?

So it's not just British promoters who have daft ideas! :?

Not at all Gemini,

Getting rid of the tape touching rule was another idea of the said promoter, although it never happened, he asked Ole Olsen about it prior to the Aust GP, Olsen told him that it was originally brought in to prevent cheating and the subject was dropped.

Definitely on the dodgy side then. :D

The tape touching rule is one of the best ideas ever brought in and if anybody wants proof they only have to look at any video from the 70's or 80's with all the tape barging going on. :roll:

Yeah,... I still think long handlebars are more... uh... manly.... And Sverre coulda,... well you know what I mean. :? As far as a late night I guess it depends if it is your birthday, if that is the case, I am going to bed....You are meaner than I am.. :twisted:

Been to the pub have we???? :twisted:

To return to the thread, the most distinctive, wide handlebars I've come across where those used by the Aussie World finalist Peter Moore, who came to the UK in 1952 at Long Eaton, and ended his UK career @ Rye House, I think, in the seventies.

He was at his peak riding for Wimbledon in the 50's, and Ipswich in the 60's , latterly for Kings Lynne in 1966.

Interestingly he was reckoned to be one of the fastest gaters of his time, despite the extravagant cow-horns.

Cyclone, what with the wide bars and all you certainly know how to kill a thread, with all respect, Sandman 8)

And there was me thinking this thread had died ages ago and Cyclone had revived it!

Guest Sir Lunchalot
And there was me thinking this thread had died ages ago and Cyclone had revived it!

The combined effects of drink and guys re living their youth I think Grachan :)

Sorry JB, I was off base about the pub, but the mean streak in my comment stays, poor chk, I never heard such language. And to you Lunchy, sorry, I had no idea you had such high standards... :) Cant we all just get along... :roll:

Guest Sir Lunchalot
Sorry JB, I was off base about the pub, but the mean streak in my comment stays, poor chk, I never heard such language. And to you Lunchy, sorry, I had no idea you had such high standards... :) Cant we all just get along... :roll:

Of course we can get along sandman !! It was just a little dig from me at certain people allowing their situation at the time cloud their judgement and start being directly abusive to people. "Getting along" usually goes hand in hand with "no abuse please".

My apologies if I aspire to such a standard but I do dream rather a lot at times !!

Lunchy, all kidding aside, we all know Aussies never fight and play well with others! Tell me the truth,... Is it me? I need to know... ? Funny enough, I like JB's direct attitude, besides all kidding aside, he is a really good artist, so I know he is a bit special, you know? Creative people are just a bit different, just cranky sometimes. 8) I guess I am pushing buttons, dont really mean to. :shock:

ok jb you win.........feel better? ok, since I am talking outta my backside get close so you can hear....... PHOOOOOT.... :)

Please God help me not to say anything today, I may regret tomorrow.

Interesting signature. ;-)

Quote:  

ok jb you win.........feel better? ok, since I am talking outta my backside get close so you can hear....... PHOOOOOT....  

Oh great. I love these people that dish it out all the time but simply cannot take it. It always amazes me that the 'ignorant' when they lose an argument revert to violence or insults. If you cant stand the heat, keep your gob shut, or stay out of the kitchen..  Quote:  

ok jb you win.........feel better? ok, since I am talking outta my backside get close so you can hear....... PHOOOOOT....

DD is King!

Fundin is God!

Sandman is toast!:oops::D

Sorry did warn you sandman ;):lol: