British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lil Devil

The most naturally gifted rider

Well things certainly have got out of hand haven't they.

I'll suggest a simple strategy if I may. If you find you are becoming offended by postings on any given thread then stop reading them. If you were offended by something on the TV you'd turn it off or over, right? If you were reading something you found offensive you'd turn the page or put it down, right? Why should this forum be viewed any different?

If someone swears at you, rather then to you which is quite different, then ignore the post and let the mods do their job. You don't have to respond to aggresive or personally offensive posts. Ignore it, and continue posting on the original subject if that's what you want to do.

If you recieve offensive E-mails then deal with them in the same way you would if you had recieved then from any other source than this forum.

If someone has anything constructive to say to me about this post I will give their opinion due respect, read it, and reply. If someone decides to have a go at me for offering an opinion I'll ignore it. (that's not any kind of accusation, just taking my own advice)

Life's too short guys.

;):P

Well said 21ch. :)

Perhaps we should start a new thread called, "The most naturally gifted poster".

You'd be in my shortlist after that contribution.

Most gifted riders top 10.. (ENTERTAINING)

1. Peter Collins

2. Jan O Pedersen

3. Chris Morton

4. Mark Loram

5. Shawn Moran

6. Kelly Moran

7. Joe Screen

8. Les Collins

9. John Cook

10. Peter Carr

Get this lot on a 2 valve on a old track (BV) with deep shale on it (memories) and your modern rider would not come close. Skill rather than speed would be needed. Todays rider just needs a fast bike and a quick clutch hand. :-(

Well said 21ch. :)

Perhaps we should start a new thread called, "The most naturally gifted poster".

You'd be in my shortlist after that contribution.

:oops: Stop it, you're embarassing me :oops:

:D

I think its very difficult equate different riders to different era's and who would have been best etc. etc' date=' in reality.[/quote']

Funny I think iv'e used that argument in the past :!: :shock:;)

Talking of the most naturally gifted rider, what about S H :?: ;)
Now there was a racer who coulda.... OOOOps, Sorry. Still, a great man. 8)

SH hmmmmmmm could be me or you Honey, seeing as I got a piccie on here of me on a bike (thanks to you :evil: ) ;):lol: and it's still in upright position :lol::lol::D:):lol::lol:

Guest denisthemenis

I think Peter Collins. Someone else has made about 16 postings here on this topic and mentioned someone called Barney. Who is' Barney? Ronnie Moore is a big name... but I do not remember him.

Guest Derg Junior
and it's still in upright position

at such an old age too?

respect

Guest Lars

No contest Ronnie Moore by a long way

As i was weaned slowly onto speedway at Cradley Heath from a very young age id have to say Bruce Penhall or Erik Gundersen for me :D Happy memories

Yes, Bruce Penhall. I had the pleasure of seeing almost every meeting he rode for the Heathens. I often had the impression (as he blasted away another track record, or notched up another maximum) that he really wasn't even trying most of the time.

And no, I'm not referring to a certain Overseas Final at White City. ;)