British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
arnieg

Speedway's Classic Meetings

Don't be so cheeky! :wink:

I did see the win though. It was a magnificent meeting - a classic in fact. Although it is nearly 40 years ago I can still remember it clearly, much more clearly in fact than meetings I saw last year...mind you that can be the dementia setting in...

Glad you got the discs Falcace...hope it helps (and hope it's the right one). When is the book due for release and where will it be available from. I can't order anything online as I don't and won't have a credit card.

It will be available from any good bookshop (as they say) or from the publishers (Tempus) or from the authors.

Its release date depends on when we get it finished! Hopefully not too long now and then add another 5 or 6 months on.

1976 Inter Continental, what a meeting that was. In front of a pretty poor (by the standards of the day) Wembley crowd, I believe it was around 30,000 who were there, PC pulled off the most amazing victory. He ran a lst first time out to give all his fans a bit of a fright but won his remaining four rides to force a run off with Ivan for the Inter Continental Title, which PC went on to win.

Anders Michanek had virtually booked his World Final ticket with two wins out of two rides and looked a safe bet for the title and yet in the final reckoning he didnt even qualify for Poland losing out in a run off for the last qualifying place to John Louis.

The defending Worl Champ Ole Olsen started with an exclusion and an engine failure and he too failed to make the cut.

Not totally sure but wasnt this the year the Inter Continental Final came ino being, replacing the old European Final

Well I shall be buying the book solely to relive my memories of the Halifax Hackney meeting in 1980..........What a fantastic weekend that was for us Hawks fans having defeated Wolves away on the Friday night and then beating Halifax on the Saturday night.

Excellent stuff!!!

I'd like to buy a copy too. I hope you can keep us posted when it finally hits the bookshops.

As they say nostalgia is a thing of the future. :blink:

1976 Inter Continental, what a meeting that was. In front of a pretty poor (by the standards of the day) Wembley crowd, I believe it was around 30,000 who were there, PC pulled off the most amazing victory. He ran a lst first time out to give all his fans a bit of a fright but won his remaining four rides to force a run off with Ivan for the Inter Continental Title, which PC went on to win.

Anders Michanek had virtually booked his World Final ticket with two wins out of two rides and looked a safe bet for the title and yet in the final reckoning he didnt even qualify for Poland losing out in a run off for the last qualifying place to John Louis.

The defending Worl Champ Ole Olsen started with an exclusion and an engine failure and he too failed to make the cut.

Not totally sure but wasnt this the year the Inter Continental Final came ino being, replacing the old European Final

Wasn't there, but saw the TV highlights (as I recall) - was certainly a great meeting. Everything PC did in those days was a thrill a minute!