British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scania101

Steven Hone

i must agree those days were far better and then Dad and me used to go to over 100 meetings a season, last year it was 4 only.

Steve always gave it his best and sometimes it wasn't him falling but more experienced riders putting him down after he leapt out of the gate ahead of them.

Steve always gave it his best and sometimes it wasn't him falling but more experienced riders putting him down after he leapt out of the gate ahead of them.

Steve Hone... gating tart?????

Never :o

but i could also pass from the back, unlike the gating tart you tend to watch at Kings Lynn :D

Guest Steve Dixon

Honey v Allott............Bring it on...... :D

.... at the County Ground, Exeter :D

Guest Steve Dixon

You'll be off 15 mtrs then???... :o:D

Well you have a handicap to start with, your leathers don't fit you no more :P

it's only 3 and a half stone i put on since packing up ... surely they can stretch that little bit can't they?

Mike Spink and Dick Searle did mention i'd put on a little weight :oops:

They wasn't the only ones Steve, I had to point out who you were to someone as they never recognised you either :lol: Steve Hone the "Gating Tart" never back then he was just "Tart" :lol:

Steves' averages for Canterbury: -

In 1986 Steve rode in 5 meetings scoring 9 points and 2 bonus from 13 rides average :- 3.385

In 1987 rode 6 meetings scoring 7 points from 19 rides average :- 1.474

Ah yes, but he had improved by 1989 at Exeter:

4 meetings scoring 10 points and 3 bonus from 13 rides average :- 4.00

Must of been the two year break that done it then Norby :wink:

I wondered what happened to him in 1988. Was he just relaxing and taking it easy then? :wink:

i had the tiny issue of 2 broken wrists and a broken arm from the week before Canterbury closed ...

i was bumming around a place called Poole, with rides now and again at Wimbledon, but unfortunately had signed a contract at Reading which i hated.

i went to Exeter half way through the season.

They wasn't the only ones Steve, I had to point out who you were to someone as they never recognised you either  :lol:  Steve Hone the "Gating Tart" never back then he was just "Tart"  :lol:

Steves' averages for Canterbury: -

In 1986 Steve rode in 5 meetings scoring 9 points and 2 bonus from 13 rides average :- 3.385

Dick Searle told me he would only give me 5 meetings in 86 because he wanted to use me on a 2 point average in 87 as after 6 matches i kept my average.

thats why i rode in the Kent Select v Czecho Select, otherwise i would have been up north somewhere riding for Canterbury.

unfortunately someone went and made the Canterbury track a horrible shape for the 87 season and i just couldn't get on with it.