British Speedway Forum
louisec

Anyone Seen Who Is Singing At Brit Gp This Year?

its been good the last 2 years if you like the 80's with suzi quatro & last year the great tony hadley.

who will be singing this year?

If i had to make a guess having Not read or seen it advertised my prediction would be Shakin' Stevens born in Cardiff also on tv at the moment? but what do i know? :D

Personally, I'd prefer some young up and comming local band (I can give BSI a contact number ;)) so some past it has been who is milking there tiny bit of fame for all it's worth.

It won't bother me, I'll still be in the Price of Wales until about 10 minutes before tapes up when I'll run to the ticket office, we'll buy some tickets and then run to our seats.

Am I the only one who could prefer to pay a little less and just listed to a cheap local and or just a CD? If you want a local/famous person, I'll mime on the centre green to Tom Jones for £20, unless you look at the big screen you wont know the difference!

I've said it before and been shot down in flames but what the heck :rolleyes: .

It's Wales...what is Wales famous for?....Male Voice Choirs. Cheap, traditional and as no one really listens to the warm up act anyway (if they are in their seats by then) why not?

Knowing how Benfield think it will probably be Tony Christie.

He will be relatively cheap, have a repetoire of three or four well known songs ( which is enough) and get fans up in the isles to "show me the way...

He will be relatively cheap, have a repetoire of three or four well known songs ( which is enough) and get fans up in the isles to "show me the way...

Oh dear .... on the strength of that the sofa looks increasingly the best option :D

Well i will be singing and playing my bugle if thats any help. Seriously i wish they would have a rock group similar to Bydogoszcz last year who started up between heats and every opportunity they got.

The best one in recent years was the late, great Edwin Starr. At least he was singing, not miming!

so some past it has been who is milking there tiny bit of fame for all it's worth.

"Past it, has beens"!!!! I for one was sat there singing along to Suzi Q and last year Tony Hadley, Nevsy was well impressed I knew the words :wink:

Guest Christophers Dad

Last year it was Christopher and Ryan Fisher singing,but then that was before the meeting outside Wetherspoons :D:D

Star Lady,

I agree with you. One of the things about England Rugby playing at Cardiff is to get there early and enjoy the Band and Male Voice Choir. A real piece of local culture which is part what travelling is about, in my view. There used to be a Band playing at Wembley before the old one-off World Finals, so the concept is not new.

But somehow I don't think it will happen! Shouldn't detract from a good weekend, though.

Regards

Steve Piper does a great Country gig and his prices are very reasonable :P Trouble is the biggest crowd he has played to this year is about 50 :wink:

George is glad there's no stereo in the van :rolleyes:

Edited by stressed

If they do have tony christie there, will that mean the peter kaye will be making a guest apperance!!!

It will not be me singing as I will be a few miles away cheering on Greg from a bar in Greece!! But then again I will be proberly singing if he wins! :D

if it was tony christie, i would only know one of his songs, I think i will stick with them choosing someone like shaky or another of the hit me baby one more time singers or whatever you call them, ouch!!!

could possibly be G4 ? they would come cheap

For some real Quality how about Neil Diamond he's touring the UK in june and plays Ashton Gate Bristol in GP week, a Beautiful Noise ( if you know what I mean )