British Speedway Forum

Well it started off slick but produced some good racing later on,how about heat 16 from the master himself what a great advert for our sport.But pedersen cost Tony the meeting and who knows by the end of the season the championship i hope not,no wonder he felt dejected.Lets hope he can keep the yellow jacket for the rest of the season take some doing.Shame about the brits poor old scotty if it was'nt for that tape exsclusion he would of got in the semis.

Why is the main topic closed? Just as i was about to reply? I was going to say, the F word that Jonsson said is swedish for "Bless the referee" LOL

Just one question, why were Nicholls and Richardson poor.....AGAIN!

one word answer here .... BRITISH

Shame about the brits poor old scotty if it was'nt for that tape exsclusion he would of got in the semis.

Would he?

That's far from certain. And anyway, he was excluded, so no point discussing ifs and buts.

Both British riders looked on the pace, but I think both rode rather naively and ended up in the wrong place on the track.

Edited by Subedei

I hope this thread won't become another "who hates Nicki" thread yet again yawn yawn...before anyone starts.

How could he(Nicki Pedersen) have bettered 2003 he was World Champion

Scored more points, however irrelvant they are.

Edited by SCB

Why is the main topic closed? Just as i was about to reply? I was going to say, the F word that Jonsson said is swedish for "Bless the referee."

Anyone think Jonsson will walk away from Coventry after the last week?

IMHO only 1 brit worth his place in the championship and it is a poor state of affairs when there is not a British rider in with a hope of wining the world crown!

Perhaps as a sport we should do somthing to promote British riders !

As for the Final

Crump rode his luck

B Pederson Rode well on a track that suited the Danes

Trick what can I say (The best rider I have ever seen)

Niki a liability.

Nicki may have agreed with his exclusion but I didn't hear him inquire after the health of Bjarne, and that stupid grin he had on his face, you could just throttle him grrrrrrrrr

A great win for Crump, a second bite at the cherry which he took brilliantly, haha

Shame for Adams :(

IMHO only 1 brit worth his place in the championship and it is a poor state of affairs when there is not a British rider in with a hope of wining the world crown!

Perhaps as a sport we should do somthing to promote British riders !

It's not so much promotion as them needing positive help in all departments imo.

Edited by Trees

Its the likes of Jonsson who will give our sport a bad name i guess he must of forgot it was live,we wanna raise the profile of our sport not lower it,don't get me wrong im not a prude but this is family veiwing.

Bjarne Pedersen was the star of the night .

not only did he score 13 points ......

He also just got up after being fenced by Nicki Pedersen .......

Came out in the rerun and rode with real guts .

Never complained on camera about Nickis antics .

A true star and did Speedway proud .

For TV Niki is the best thing since sliced bread (I think Niki watches to much TV)

As for the sport, Niki needs to take stock before he 'Kills' somone at the end of the day it's only a sport, most riders have confidance in the other bloke with the exception of Niki!

Edited by Custom House Kid

Nicki may have agreed with his exclusion but I didn't hear him inquire after the health of Bjarne, and that stupid grin he had on his face, you could just throttle him grrrrrrrrr

And of course you were around him all the time, aehhh?

He has probably heart from one of his teammembers that Bjarne looked ok and fit for the final.

On the Danish channel DK4 we actually saw NP go into Bjarnes pit and apologise.

And to all of you "wise guys" here on this forum, I'm beginning to get very tired of all the criticism about the way the foreigners are talking your language.

How many of you can actually speak another language than English ?

Lots of Danes are able to speak English to an understanable level. Some may even speak German and French too.¨

I'm just wondering how many of you are able to understand German or Danish ?

And yes I know. NP does use the same words a lot of times, but you do understand him anyway, and getting his point of view.

Agree Garf most English people cannot criticise the foreign Riders about the use of English.

I have no problem with Niki as a person (just as a rider)

On the Danish channel DK4 we actually saw NP go into Bjarnes pit and apologise.

Well we didn't see that on british tv but he was interviewed about his exclusion and you would have thought he might have mentioned his fellow countryman then ...............ya know ............. sorry couldn't resist ;)

No I definitely can't speak another language but we don't need to, everyone speaks ours ;) Many europeans are taught from primary age to speak english, I'm sure if british kids were taught another language from such an early age they'd be equally as fluent, but which language should they be taught????

I have no problem with Niki as a person

Me neither, he's a pretty friendly guy but .................... he's simply a danger to other riders on the race track imo and obviously doesn't give two hoots!!!

Edited by Trees