British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Great Venue Terrible Track

Well the atmosphere seems brilliant tonight I am sure our fellow forumers are making loads of noise but the track is no good for passing. Gordon Kennett King of the White Line would have loved this track if you gate and stick to the kerb you win simple as that. Any rider trying to blast around the outside gets stuck in no mans land.

Saying that I suppose the restrictions they have to work to makes laying a good passing track difficult although it seems more banking could have been used.

I think that maybe the track had something to do with the number of incidents. There were some desperate moves being pulled out there tonight. And not just by the usual suspects. You had to be in a decent position coming off the 2nd bend or - in the main - you were road kill.

I think that maybe the track had something to do with the number of incidents. There were some desperate moves being pulled out there tonight. And not just by the usual suspects. You had to be in a decent position coming off the 2nd bend or - in the main - you were road kill.

These tracks that are down for one evening isnt brilliant, has it ever been that?

The first heats was processional. The crashes that occured tonight can you blame the track for in 90 percent, if you werent 1 st you were almost dead in the back,,..

I didn't see the Sky broadcast tonight, but after reading the posts on this topic, I am very glad I gave Cardiff a miss once again.

I didn't see the Sky broadcast tonight, but after reading the posts on this topic, I am very glad I gave Cardiff a miss once again.

Umm... I was there earlier tonight, just logged on to see some of the chat. My first time at the Millenium Stadium, must be a case of the tv not reflecting the action. I thought it had some excellent races, sure it would be better at an established speedway venue, but where are you going to get that many fans together to watch a GP round.

I enjoyed it, and Jason Crump, for me was taking the agressive attitude one step too far. The last exclusion showed a sign of desperation and a lack of respect for the other riders. They should all know how far they can go without taking really silly risks.

enjoyed it, and Jason Crump, for me was taking the agressive attitude one step too far. The last exclusion showed a sign of desperation and a lack of respect for the other riders. They should all know how far they can go without taking really silly risks.

bit harsh that...he just picked up a bit of grip and couldn't control it...not much he could do about it at all....

enjoyed it, and Jason Crump, for me was taking the agressive attitude one step too far. The last exclusion showed a sign of desperation and a lack of respect for the other riders. They should all know how far they can go without taking really silly risks.

bit harsh that...he just picked up a bit of grip and couldn't control it...not much he could do about it at all....

Totally agree, on most tracks his move would have worked out perfectly for the win but this track was pretty ordinary!

Well the atmosphere seems brilliant tonight I am sure our fellow forumers are making loads of noise but the track is no good for passing. Gordon Kennett King of the White Line would have loved this track if you gate and stick to the kerb you win simple as that. Any rider trying to blast around the outside gets stuck in no mans land.

Saying that I suppose the restrictions they have to work to makes laying a good passing track difficult although it seems more banking could have been used.

If the track was no good why has trick won on normal and temp tracks this year and other years for that matter i dont hear him complaining about the track he actually gave the whole show his approval,hes the one who had to race on the so called no good track not you.

Somebody agrees with me!

First eight heats were the quality shared by Brandon.

However, remains a great day!

If the tractors when grading had brought in some of the dirt from the fence the shiny line on bends 1/2 may not have shown for sometime each tractor took a different line (with different implements on each one) and the watering was on the outside where no one had been hmmmmmm maybe bit of a girlie opinion there but thats how I saw it. :rolleyes:

Apparently the tractor grading the track at Newport this afternoon had a coming together with the fence. Perhaps the driver had a vision of Nicki P on his inside.

Apparently the tractor grading the track at Newport this afternoon had a coming together with the fence. Perhaps the driver had a vision of Nicki P on his inside.

I managed to pass Nicki P's motorhome on the M4 today without being pushed into the crash barriers :0

To be fair the track is put down for one night once a year. There is no doubt that the track has come on leaps and bounds since it was first laid a few years ago now.

I think the track staff and everyone who helped lay it deserve a huge pat on the pat for putting a track down that was safe for the riders and provided some good racing :approve:

Ok Matt we'll have a word see if you can be an official photographer at next years GP's :wink::P