British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Congratulations Tony Rickardsson

To be honest with you, I think Rickardsson's performances in the GPs this season have been great for the sport. He's a class apart and fantastic for the sport. Long may he continue to ride.

It's not over yet, god forbid it but there's still potential injuries for riders, poor meetings etc and other riders are back in it.

Tony is looking great and won me a Nutri-Grain bar. Congrats Tony!

Tony Rickardsson is "Simply The Best"

The thing about TR this season is that he's not letting knocks affect him. In the last couple of seasons a knock a week before a GP and he'd be struggling. And a fall in a GP and that was virtually the end of his night. But this season he's regained his desire it seems. He wants No 6 and let's face it, barring something extraordinary, he's going to get it. It looks like nothing is going to be allowed to get in his way this year.

It's not over yet, god forbid it but there's still potential injuries for riders, poor meetings etc and other riders are back in it.

Realistically, only God can stop him. So far this season 4 GPs and he should have won the lot. Remember he had Eskilstuna in the bag until Nicki P intervened.

Edited by Subedei

Sure he's a great rider, but it might have been a totally different outcome if he'd been (rightly) excluded in his first ride instead of Norris....:unsure:

Guest sw7179

TR is a class above this year. His speed is phenomenal and he looks all the quicker for the fact that his naib challengers are falling by the wayside. Adams, the Grand Prix hoodoo continiues, Crump, pressure of being Champ maybe, Nikki P, hot and cold as usual. And other pretenders like Hans, AJ et al havent moved forward either.

Only injury can stop him and no-one wants that

love him or hate you to credit him. He's simply the best. I just can't recall a rider who can go 80-90 % through a meeting and like push a button when it's needed to 100% and take home th bacon. That last race first bend was truely awsome.

Adams, Gollob, sullivan, Hancock ... to me they have perhaps had their best yrs and some of "racer" instincts have wained somehat into "grafter" status. Adams especially just seems to look so phased and he just can't raise his game to that required at this level.

I only see one GP a yr on TV and last night was an excellent advert for the sport.

Tony was very impressive last night. Well done! :D

Ended my day really well.

King Tony a legend he is incredible if only he won in sweden he would of been the first rider to win four on the trot,that would of been a record but the real record will come end of season when lifts the crown for the 5th time and after that could he beat Maugers record next year it would be like Lance Armstrong winning the tour 6 on the trot could he do it again next month what a athlete.

King Tony a legend he is incredible if only he won in sweden he would of been the first rider to win four on the trot,that would of been a record but the real record will come end of season when lifts the crown for the 5th time and after that could he beat Maugers record next year it would be like Lance Armstrong winning the tour 6 on the trot could he do it again next month what a athlete.

He's already been champ 5 times. He's going for Mauger's record this year.

Love him or hate him, you can't argue with real class. Trick is the best and he will carry on winning unless the others raise their game. How often does he cruise through the early heats apparently not working that hard? But when it comes to the crunch, having done the work, there's only one race worth winning. If you weren't sure that Tony was working to this principle last night, watch again that first bend in the final. Full out commitment and real joy in victory. He hasn't lost his appetite for winning; some others need to go back to the drawing board.

And don't get upset with TR, it ain't his fault he knows how to win. It's like Ole used to say in times past, "The more I win, the more they'll boo me". Of course, Ole had the answer, "The louder you boo, the faster I'll go".

He's already been champ 5 times. He's going for Mauger's record this year.

He will equal it this year not beat it how can he break it when some else has has already won it six times if he wins seven champs then he will break it,its just like someone equaling some else's track record they wont beat or break it until they have gone faster.

He will equal it this year not beat it how can he break it when some else has has already won it six times if he wins seven champs then he will break it,its just like someone equaling some else's track record they wont beat or break it until they have gone faster.

Spot on Shaky. Second time lucky. I'd quit now while you're ahead if I was you!