British Speedway Forum

I thoroughly enjoyed the SWC tonight. Quite a bit of drama on a difficult track.

Team GB rode really well and what about the young guns Chris Harris and Simon Stead. They were superb and handled the pressure really well :approve: I have never really been a fan of Stead's but this season he is making me lean more towards him.

The commentators (Nigel Pearson?) and David Norris are a hoot. Norris is just so funny and tells it like it is no holds barred. More of that please. But I can live without Pearson's over the top comments about team GB. Yes they did really well but let's not get carried away. The final will be a different kettle of fish and could well sort the men from the boys.

Not read all this thread but I have to say what a crap track that was :mad: There were more passes made because of mistakes caused by a poor track than anything else. What the hell is the point of having the best riders in the world and giving them a rutted, inconsistent surface to perform on :mad:

I suggest whoever is responsible come to King's Lynn and takes lessons, and anyone who was at the Premier Chase will probably agree with me.

Rant over.

Fantastic effort from the lads, especially young Bomber and Stead. I'm really proud of them all. :D

I just hope that the track in the final is a racing track rather than a gater's paradise

but, the reports that I have heard, do suggest that although Wroclaw is a big fast track, overtaking is at a premium. I hope not!

Well done all of Team GB, especially Harris and Stead for stepping up to the plate :D

Track was abit dodgy but apart from that it was good.. Just off to start the "Lukas Dryml dirty rider" thread now :P:P

Can not wait to watch the replay tomorrow what a meeting for team gb peopel sayong that they was not going to to do it and they have profron us all wrong and for the good

...can't see Suchanek providing much of a benefit for the Pirates!

Eight pages before someone mentions us...was feeling neglected. Thanks Andy! ;)

Sorry for anyone that follows the Poole update site I`m drinking a Howcroft vineyard red

After the first few heats I started on something Snob...first thing in the wine rack whatever it was! Cya on the 11th Aug! ;)

Congrats to Team GB and I will happily eat my words but I had thought we were cannonfodder for the Danes tonight but that was one gutsy display! Nice to go straight through to the final and some determined riding against a Danish team who seemed to panic and over-ride at various times.

However...I do have serious worries about the weekend and don't realistically think we're going to make very much impact against 3 other first class sides. But forget that and I'm enjoying the moment. Hell, I'm even feeling benevolent towards Steady and he usually ranks high up on my most unrated riders list haha. :P : :lol: Roll on tuesday's meeting cos that one I can't call at all....

Oh and Sky...if you know what's good for you - get Floppy and NigelP back for the commentary again this week. Absolute class. More entertaining than some of the racing to be honest! B)

Edited by rabbit

Thoroughly enjoyed that meeting, I was proud to be a Brit. :approve: It was almost worth not being there to hear the commentary from Floppy, how patriotic can someone be. Loved it when he was telling Lukas Dryml we all loved him, when it was Ales in the heat ! Bless.. B) Was good of Lee to wrap it all up in heat 24, so I could safely cheer Hans on to a win over Scott in heat 25. :P

Well done lads.

what a great night for Rico going round Nicki P and getting a max not at all bad for a gating tart hey!!!!!

Richardson, in the last month or so has overtaken as many riders as anybody, but, he is never going to get any credit for it because so many do not like him, he has twice beaten Pedersen from the back lately, once in the Cardiff GP, and again in the Swindon v Eastbourne league match, however, I do not include his overtake of Pedersen tonight, simply because it was tactics by Pedersen to drop a point, go 6 points behind, and therefore enabling Denmark to play their joker!

Edited by BritPete

THAT WAS AWESOME!!! :D

I think you had to be there, the atmosphere was incredible!! Going to watch the re-run on sky now. :approve: Good ole re-run Rico, working his good luck for a change. Deserved the 15 pointer, and the bumps that came with it.

Watch this space for a picture of Steve Shovlar in a pink & sequinned hat, playing a blow-up guitar and holding a pom pom. :lol:

However, I do not include his overtake of Pedersen tonight, simpy because it was tactics by Pedersen to drop a point, go 6 points behind, and therefore enabling Denmark to play their joker!

I disagree. I thought it was more a series of errors by Nicki P, rather than tactics. There's got to be easier ways of "dropping" a point than trying to ride into the fence on every bend.

Whatever.

Richardson is very much the "man of the moment" around the Abbey at the minute. In fact, his form over the last month or so, in the Elite League (leaving aside Belle Vue) has been super. He even did well in his 3 rides for Swindon at Eastbourne last night.

Edited by Subedei

You can believe whatever you want, just explain to me why Pedersen could ride three laps of the track perfectly alright, and then be unable to ride the fourth lap at all well, and then he turned his head to watch Richardson sail past him! get real Sub Dude, that was VERY deliberate!

I didn't think he looked altogether comfortable from the 2nd lap onwards. And besides, the tactical ride went to Andersen, who'd hardly impressed too much up until then. Yes, he won it, but it was risky. A better bet would've been to have gone 6 down when Nicki P was scheduled to come out, since to that point he'd been unbeaten.