British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

It would be nice to see ex riders who are now team managers interviewed.

Chris Morton

Neil Middleditch

or even guys like Garry May and Steve Bishop at Somerset

I think that you might find that both Chris and Neil have already been featured.

Pekka Hautamaki

Kristian Praestbro

Chris Turner

Eric Monaghan

Eric Broadbelt

Phil Collins

Les Collins

John Titman

Rod Hunter

Steve Finch

Ron Henderson - went back to Brisbane became a Paramedic. Went to USA for training and I seem to remember him winning an award.

Rob Hollingsworth - still riding on occasions

Kelvin Mullarkey - the man we used to hate at Newcastle

Edited by whippy

Ron Henderson - went back to Brisbane became a Paramedic. Went to USA for training and I seem to remember him winning an award.

Did he not retire from speedway to become a Social Worker.

Did he not retire from speedway to become a Social Worker.

No he was a paramedic.

No he was a paramedic.

Sorry a bow to your better knowledge.

Sorry a bow to your better knowledge.

I may still have a cutting from an Aussie newspaper sent to me, I will see if I can find it and then we will know for sure, but for now I am more than positive he was a paramedic.

I may still have a cutting from an Aussie newspaper sent to me, I will see if I can find it and then we will know for sure, but for now I am more than positive he was a paramedic.

To be honest, I seem to remember reading in the old speedway yearbook that he retired from speedway to take up a post with the Newcastle Social Services and then returned to Aussie. I could be wrong though.

To be honest, I seem to remember reading in the old speedway yearbook that he retired from speedway to take up a post with the Newcastle Social Services and then returned to Aussie. I could be wrong though.

I have a vague memory of that but he definitely went back to Brisbane to and joined the paramedics.

have been doing a bit of digging and found this:

'Another popular Aussie of the mid 70's side. Ron Struggled for a while then just as his talent started to become noticeable he decided to quit and become a social worker.'

Edited by whippy

I have a vague memory of that but he definitely went back to Brisbane to and joined the paramedics.

have been doing a bit of digging and found this:

'Another popular Aussie of the mid 70's side. Ron Struggled for a while then just as his talent started to become noticeable he decided to quit and become a social worker.'

Thanks for that Whippy.

How about a feature on Roger Johns?

"Roger the Dodger" rode for Wimbledon for a magnificent 15 years (1974-1989) and graduated from reserve to heat leader status in the British League, before leading the side on their move to the National League in'85.

I know he started his career at Eastbourne, and ended it at Rye House, but more information on Roger would be much appreciated!

How about a feature on Roger Johns?

"Roger the Dodger" rode for Wimbledon for a magnificent 15 years (1974-1989) and graduated from reserve to heat leader status in the British League, before leading the side on their move to the National League in'85.

I know he started his career at Eastbourne, and ended it at Rye House, but more information on Roger would be much appreciated!

And best known as the brother of Crayford's beared wonder (no, NOT Bryn!!): Alan Johns!! :approve:

You KNEW I was going to post this...!!! :wink:

Every week a certain Leading Authority on Conference League Speedway would place a tenuous link to the mighty Kestrels in the Wimbledon Programme. :rolleyes:

He'll even be claiming soon that the fabled "Widnesian" Whirlwind Dean Felton made an appearance at London Road... :lol:

Every week a certain Leading Authority on Conference League Speedway would place a tenuous link to the mighty Kestrels in the Wimbledon Programme. :rolleyes:

He'll even be claiming soon that the fabled "Widnesian" Whirlwind Dean Felton made an appearance at London Road... :lol:

No, but Chris Hunt's mum recently let the cat out of the bag to me that the Huntsman actually appeared at God's own Speedway track riding for Milton Keynes back in 1982. Chris had kept this from me but I checked the programme and 'tis true!! He failed to score but then he was in good company as the mighty Kestrels won 76-20...: the biggest ever score in the 16 heat format!! :approve:

What amused me when Chris' mum was talking about this, she asked me if I'd ever been to Crayford!! :shock:

Hmm, methinks she hadn't been paying attention to all those DonsMags '02-'05!!! :oops:

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

I think that you might find that both Chris and Neil have already been featured.

Derek Harrison with the specs and teddy boy style haircut. He rode at a number of tracks, mainly National League. He was very good at Mildenhall as top points scorer in 82 and 83 I think!! He also had a number of injuries.