British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

I wonder if it is about rider that I am not sure what his name was, but I seem to remember was called Jon Jon White, never really made it as rider, but was very much a character, renowned for wearing black leathers in the 80's and a black bike.

you got the name correct spin king he called himself "the black knight" with his leathers and bike he also played on the scottish thing by wearing a tartan scarf dont quote me on this but i think he claimed to be have been born up here on the isle of skye or something weird like that but brought up in england blackpool rings a bell he first appeared at blantyre during second halves around 85/86 and i seem to remember him turning out during shawfields first year aswell and he was very much a character and became a cult figure amongst those of us who stayed on to watch the second half racing he recentley wrote the book about "the white ghost" ken le breton graham the glasgow fan who reads this forum can correct me here hes pretty clued up about all things glasgow

you got the name correct spin king he called himself "the black knight" with his leathers and bike he also played on the scottish thing by wearing a tartan scarf dont quote me on this but i think he claimed to be have been born up here on the isle of skye or something weird like that but brought up in england blackpool rings a bell he first appeared at blantyre during second halves around 85/86 and i seem to remember him turning out during shawfields first year aswell and he was very much a character and became a cult figure amongst those of us who stayed on to watch the second half racing he recentley wrote the book about "the white ghost" ken le breton graham the glasgow fan who reads this forum can correct me here hes pretty clued up about all things glasgow

Thanks Merv would be nice to see what he is doing now and his thoughts on speedway today.

it certaiinly would be spin king as he was the intellectual type which is rare for a speedway rider :P:D

it certaiinly would be spin king as he was the intellectual type which is rare for a speedway rider :P  :D

And very different, I remember reading his profile in the speedway star and it was totally different from others that I had seen.

Certainly got him plenty of publicity and people talkming about him even though he never reach past the novice stage.

Tell me what.

i think there may be crossed wires here spin king i think maybe trackman thought you were refering to ken le breton and not jon jon white when you said he never got past the novice stage

i think there may be crossed wires here spin king i think maybe trackman thought you were refering to ken le breton and not jon jon white when you said he never got past the novice stage

Thanks that has answered that one for me .

Jim McMillan

Charlie Monk

George Hunter

Henny Kroeze

Bobby Beaton

Martin Scarisbrick

Ian Hindle

Jim McMillan

There's a 6-page exclusive interview with Jimmy Mac in our next issue, on sale mid-December.

Rob Maxfield and Larry Kosta. Would love to hear more about Emil Sova and maybe information could be sought from his widow Eva or even his old mate Ales Dryml (Snr).

Waiting on confirmation of our Main Man...phone calls, letters and emails have been made in the direction of . . . DENMARK!

I can vouch for the fact that Tony went to Denmark this week. Sat next to him on the flight on the way and on the way back to Billund on Monday and Tuesday. On the way back I think we put the world of speedway right :D

Guess we will have to wait and see why he went

There's a 6-page exclusive interview with Jimmy Mac in our next issue, on sale mid-December.

Rob Tilbury of Canterbury and Arena Essex.