British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shale Eater

World Under 21 Final

Sounds like the sort of outcome that brings the sport into disrepute. Didn't they have a reserve day to account for rain-offs?

Apparently, they could've raced the whole meeting at 7:00pm CET today, or held the meeting over until tomorrow.

How about some congratulations to the winner, you know, the guy that was leading? Or are you all choking on those sour grapes?

With all the controversy, I feel very sorry for Kasper. I can see him getting no credit at all for this over something which he has had no say over at all. It's happened, he was top of the pile at the end with Suchanek after 3 rides each and is now the U21 Champion. It's not his fault it was decided this way - Suchanek didn't want to ride in the run-off so what's KK to do?

Anyway well done to the guy - we're proud of him down here and it's his name that will appear in the record books this year.

well done to KK has had a really good year for the Poole. yes it was a lottery who won but thats life. it will be in the record book as Kaspazak 2005 u21 champion not how he went about winning it. just hope all the riders have escaped injury.

Well done to KK for becoming World Champion in a rain affected meeting in Austria.

Second was Suchanek, who finshed on the same points as KK.

Something for us Poole fans to finally cheer about.

Looks like KK will get a tick to the GP series next year on this! :D

Well done KK!!!!!!

suchanek refused the runoff. His decision.

1-2 for Poole !!

Something for us Poole fans to cheer about after a sorry few weeks! :D

This has nothing to do with Poole. Its an individual event and the riders represent their country.

1-2 for Poole. You will try and cling on to anything at the moment.

Well he was my tip to win,but what i don't understand is,if it was to be decided with a final,why was there to be a run-off with Suchanek.Why were Hlib and Lindgren not asked?

With all the controversy, I feel very sorry for Kasper. I can see him getting no credit at all for this over something which he has had no say over at all. It's happened, he was top of the pile at the end with Suchanek after 3 rides each and is now the U21 Champion. It's not his fault it was decided this way - Suchanek didn't want to ride in the run-off so what's KK to do?

Anyway well done to the guy - we're proud of him down here and it's his name that will appear in the record books this year.

I feel sorry for the likes of Lindgren... two wins on the trot.. still well capable of winning and did not get a chance to compete against the other two. Could of beaten them both and then again in the final. Total farce... why no re-run tomorrow, why no re-run next weekend, why no re-run the weekend after.... Rubbish.

Re KK a deserved winner if it had been in the right circumstances as he has had a great season..

So if it had been Smoli in KKs place you wouldn't be pleased at all then? Ok... :rolleyes:

I've course i would be pleased for him but it's not for Coventry is it. It's for himself and his Country. Its a world championship not a Coventry team event.

Well done KK. The under 21 champ for Poland......not Poole!

well done to KK has had a really good year for the Poole.  yes it was a lottery who won but thats life. it will be in the record book as Kaspazak 2005 u21 champion not how he went about winning it.  just hope all the riders have escaped injury.

He went about winning it the same as most of the field, With grit, determination and the will to win. He was top of the pile after three so gets the nod if Suchanek doesn't want to go out again. Like Rabbit said, what is he meant to do? He was best rider on show today and has rightly been crowned World Under 21 World Champion.

Once the meeting has started it would never be re-ridden. What would have happened if someone had four wins and was 3 points clear of the field when it was stopped? Rerun the following day and he gets knocked off and fails to make the final. If that was your rider would you have been happy? The right decision was made, the winner was KK and the result stands.

Engraved on the trophy is the worthy winner.

What a complete farce!

While I am a big fan of KK,and expected him to win,to win like this is utter madness.

Suchanek beat him in their race.Using the tried and tested formula,of who beat who and heat wins etc,then surely he should automatically be declared the winner?

This meeting is too important be shunted aside like this.The whole meeting should be re run at another time.

Well done to KK,but it seems like a very hollow victory to me.Through no fault of his,he will always now be know as a 'lucky' winner.Neither he or the event deserves this.

Just as I thought it was only British speedway that could contrive such rubbish.

Seems like the FIM are just as bad.

I feel sorry for the likes of Lindgren... two wins on the trot.. still well capable of winning and did not get a chance to compete against the other two. Could of beaten them both and then again in the final. Total farce... why no re-run tomorrow, why no re-run next weekend, why no re-run the weekend after.... Rubbish.

Re KK a deserved winner if it had been in the right circumstances as he has had a great season..

Hey Cat, stop chewing on those sour grapes. Lindgren blew it in his first ride, as did Lindback, who we could also say was robbed, because he could have won his last two and easily made the final. He didn't, Lindback didn't and the rest, they say, is history!

He was best rider on show today and has rightly been crowned World Under 21 World Champion.

Can't see how you can make such an assertion, since you weren't there and haven't seen any of it.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no under 21 champion this year. The event is null and void due to the incompetence of the organisors.