British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shale Eater

World Under 21 Final

Steve,if he has the same points total as Suchanek how can you say he was the best rider.Also if there is going to be one last race to decide the champ,why not have a final with the 4 top points scorers as was planned?

What a complete farce!

While I am a big fan of KK,and expected him to win,to win like this is utter madness.

Suchanek beat him in their race.Using the tried and tested formula,of who beat who and heat wins etc,then surely he should automatically be declared the winner?

This meeting is too important be shunted aside like this.The whole meeting should be re run at another time.

Well done to KK,but it seems like a very hollow victory to me.Through no fault of his,he will always now be know as a 'lucky' winner.Neither he or the event deserves this.

Just as I thought it was only British speedway that could contrive such rubbish.

Seems like the FIM are just as bad.

A good and fair post... well said!

Quality Mr Shovlar, you are full of em :lol:

Calling the meeting off and re-scheduling tomorrow was the only sensible decision. These circumstances have occured before in major individual meetings. Certainly that's what happened in the '84 NLRC.

Situations like this just sum up why Speedway is regarded as a Mickey Mouse game followed by anoraks and pikeys. Total farce and makes you wonder why you bother giving it the time of day! :mad::mad:11.gif

Edited by frigbo

Hey Cat, stop chewing on those sour grapes. Lindgren blew it in his first ride, as did Lindback, who we could also say was robbed, because he could have won his last two and easily made the final. He didn't, Lindback didn't and the rest, they say, is history!

Iam not chewing on any grapes mate... just like fairness.. just like you did when Poole were stiched up over Walasek..

First of all, let me say that if Kasprzak had won the meeting fair and square, he would have been a worthy winner given his form this season.

But even he can't be too happy with this outcome. Winning a World Final on the toss of a coin - how naff is that :mad:

This brings the sport into disrepute, how can we expect ANYONE to take Speedway seriously as a professional sport, when you've got stuff like this going on?

All the best

Rob

BobC,

KK and Suchanek never met. KK was only beaten by Hlib.

This has nothing to do with Poole.  Its an individual event and the riders represent their country.

1-2 for Poole.  You will try and cling on to anything at the moment.

Oh stop being so petty. So we'll hbe hearing nothing from the Bees fans from here on about them making the playoffs then eh? Otherwise I can guarantee that the Pirates fans will be queueing up to accuse you of "clinging onto everything" :rolleyes:

*waits for Mr Bee to come back and pretend that was a wind-up attempt.....*

Always a shame when a meeting is disrupted due to weather but sadly it happens. Well done to KK for making the best of the situation.

He went about winning it the same as most of the field, With grit, determination and the will to win. He was top of the pile after three so gets the nod if Suchanek doesn't want to go out again. Like Rabbit said, what is he meant to do? He was best rider on show today and has rightly been crowned World Under 21 World Champion.

Once the meeting has started it would never be re-ridden. What would have happened if someone had four wins and was 3 points clear of the field when it was stopped? Rerun the following day and he gets knocked off and fails to make the final. If that was your rider would you have been happy? The right decision was made, the winner was KK and the result stands.

Engraved on the trophy is the worthy winner.

Bet you would be singing a different tune if KK wasn't on top after the meeting was called off.

The meeting should be re-run properly. Fans have been short changed in attending the event, and riders who still had a chance of winning have been denied the chance to claim the title.

This brings the sport into disrepute, how can we expect ANYONE to take Speedway seriously as a professional sport, when you've got stuff like this going on?

All the best

Rob

You can't Rob. And personally i think i'll give up even trying to from now on.

Winning a World Final on the toss of a coin - how naff is that :mad:

?

All the best

Rob

Rob, there was no toss of a coin. You are believing the rumour mongering of sore losers... but then again.. :D

What format was used to decide the winner?? Whoever had the most K's in their name?? :mad::mad:

This is Speedway, i wouldn't be at all surprised by any 'solution'.

Sounds like the sort of outcome that brings the sport into disrepute.  Didn't they have a reserve day to account for rain-offs?

I think it was 1990, in Lonigo (?), the weather was too wet to run the meeting at the first attempt, so they went back the next day......it was still too wet so they had to put it back yet again!

Seems that perhaps it was an unwise decision to even start the meeting in the first place really. Those of you having a pop at KK though - if you'd been in his shoes, and you'd just been informed that this was how the meeting was to be decided - what would you have done? Held your hands up and said "no, it's the wrong way to decide the winner and I want no part in it!"? No - thought not! Give the guy a break - he won the meeting by whatever means (yes, not the ideal way of doing it I agree) and will probably already spend the rest of his life feeling in his own heart that he's not a "real" winner. Poor bugger.