British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Papa Bazarou

SGP of Sweden - Avesta Sweden 31st May

And I was standing near there and I heard him ask what shape his bike was in and if IT was in good enough shape for the re-run. I dare anyone to top that, tough spells Phil Crump, and no tantrums.. 8)

Well said Sandman,Spot on.Reminds me of Chalk and Cheese :D This topics getting a bit worn now so until Crumpy's next Teddy Throwing Episode............... :cry:

Fantastic Ryan!How come he never gets the credit he deserves?He wasn't tipped by anyone to win even when he got to the final!He made the gate from dreaded gate 3,and then had to do it again when race was stopped.All this with a dodgy collarbone!A truly great performance from a rider who is always mentioned behind crump and adams by the so called experts,and consistently out performs them on the track!watch out tricky,Ryans Flyin again :D

And what about him effing and blinding all over the place in front of BlackKnights children last year at Ipswich then ?

Sorry I didn't see them on the footage :P I thought this was about the GP and that was the only thing I was commenting on.

no doubt the cameraman will mount the pan in the next cubicle

I think you've been watching too many wildlife documentries love. :evil:

i know you're a Swindon fan so will remember Crumpie the Hunkie for the quality he was.

If the championship back then was GP format, how would Phil have got on?

The guy was so consistent home and away.

Difficult to say really. He so often under achieved on the night. I remember in 1982 he was unbelievable, scoring maximums everywhere and looking like the best rider in the World, yet only scored 2 in the World Final (and one of those was when Kenny Carter was excluded), so to be honest I'm not sure the GP would have made much difference. Now, if they'd had it over 16 laps.....

Maybe Phil was too calm, whereas Jason is too hot headed, and both may well end up never winning. I think if Jason was going to be World Champ he would have had to do it last year or this year. Maybe he knows that, and that's why he was so gutted.

Hope Ryan Sullivans collar bone soon heals, personally I am fed up with hearing about him having broken and riding through the pain barrier. His speed won him this GP, but how would he have got on if he had been excluded for fetching off Lee Richardson, repeat of Peterborough match. Also if Leigh Adams had been excluded in final instead of Greg Hancock. Looking at all the camera angles taken on Saturday it would seem that two different decisions could have been taken in both incidents

Hope Ryan Sullivans collar bone soon heals, personally I am fed up with hearing about him having broken and riding through the pain barrier. His speed won him this GP, but how would he have got on if he had been excluded for fetching off Lee Richardson, repeat of Peterborough match. Also if Leigh Adams had been excluded in final instead of Greg Hancock. Looking at all the camera angles taken on Saturday it would seem that two different decisions could have been taken in both incidents

Take it you will be a Coventry fan then ?

The whole studio agreed that the decision with Sullivan was correct. Lee had baulked Ryan to the back early in the race imho. I felt sorry for Lee as he was going well in the race and to have to come straight back out in the next race was tough.

As for Hancock, the first few camera angles were inconclusive, however the last one they showed proved somewhat damning and confirmed the right decision was made.

Rico

On this forum at times we have had one or two younger members way out of order who have used foul language,some have even been banned. Now when a rider does the same thing [ ie : act like a no - brainer with bad language involved ] some people come on and defend him ! Oh well it's so and so and i like him as a rider so it's ok then.Hypocrisy me thinks :roll:

Actually I don't like Jason Crump much, and I've amazed myself by sticking up for him, but I do believe that he was pushed to the limit when he made the retort. He had tried to find a quiet, out of the way, place to get over his anger and upset, and I believe Trees is right when she says that the Sky cameraman was just focusing on him to get such a reaction :!:

I agree,

"Stranger"

That was an extensive focussing on one rider - not experienced by any of the others.

Sometime people are best left to heal their wounds - even riders have feelings -

although you wouldn't think it the way some of the people on this forum talk.

I just enjoy seeing him ride :approve:

On this forum at times we have had one or two younger members way out of order who have used foul language,some have even been banned. Now when a rider does the same thing [ ie : act like a no - brainer with bad language involved ] some people come on and defend him ! Oh well it's so and so and i like him as a rider so it's ok then.Hypocrisy me thinks :roll:

Actually I don't like Jason Crump much, and I've amazed myself by sticking up for him, but I do believe that he was pushed to the limit when he made the retort. He had tried to find a quiet, out of the way, place to get over his anger and upset, and I believe Trees is right when she says that the Sky cameraman was just focusing on him to get such a reaction :!:

Sorry, but I totally disagree. Crump, along with every other sports person/celeb is in the public eye. The fact that he went away from the pits is irrelevant. If he wanted to be on his own that much, he sould have gone inside his van or somewhere more private. This comes with the job I'm affraid, and he should be able to handle it. Of course the camera's wanted a reaction, and they got one didn't they!! Well done SKY Sports that's what I say. Did you see Tony Rickardsson telling the camera man to f*** off? No, he just smiled and carried on. This surely highlights the difference between them, and underlines why Tony is a five times World Champion. It's called professionalism. People like Crump make me laugh, they want the coverage when they are close to winning the World title, but don't film me when I'm upset. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. You've got to take the rough with the smooth.

Seem to remember some problem with Jason Crump in an hotel after a GP last year, he came in with his wife and daughter are the rest of his support team, pushed his way to the front of a queue for some food and wanted the swimming pool opened. Believe there was a bit of bad language then. Such a shame as he has a lovely wife and daughter.

People like Crump make me laugh, they want the coverage when they are close to winning the World title, but don't film me when I'm upset. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. You've got to take the rough with the smooth.

Yes, I agree with that.

Crumpy's temperament is very much like Tomasz Gollob and I don't think either of them will ever be World Champion.

I've known Jason Crump since he was about 8 years old and he has ALWAYS been a brat!!! He He used to expcet everyone to 'respect' him because of who he was. :evil: His Dad was a differrent guy altogther - quiet, calm and pleasant. :approve:

The trouble is that although Jason and Phil are very different they have one vital thing in common - Phil could never hack it in world championships event - and Jason is going to have to work on his temprement if he's not going to follow in that bit of Phil's footsteps!!! :twisted:

"Phil Addison" wrote

I admit i swear myself at work but i can keep myself in check and don't do it in front of women

Really chap, get into the 21st century will ya?! I don't like to hear swearing but neither does my husband - the point is that my ears are no more 'delicate' than a man's and I'm not going swoon because someone said the 'f' word!!! :x :roll:

Its just that some of us were brought up not to swear in front of women or children, guess that makes us old fashioned. Also have been known to let women sit down at the table before us and hold doors open, out of respect. How times have changed... 8)

Since Tony Rickardsson looks likely to become the greatest speedway rider of all time, I'd hardly call Jason's record that of someone who can't hack it in a World Championship event - I'd say he can hack it more than an awful lot of the other riders in the field.