British Speedway Forum

Heat 24 shockingly dreadful decision, Rickardson deffinatly should have been excluded :mad:  :mad:

Agreed!

Inconsistent Ref!

Guest KFC Baby
What is it about society these days?  Why do we always have to "big up" the lossers?!  No the Germans did not make idiots of themselves and my dad commented on how well they rode and I agree they did do well but lets be honest, they were not exactly in the meeting and had not effect on the meeting really.

Why do we have to praise everyone?  It's a British thing, love a losser (the team/person who does not win if you prefer) but why?

Oh I know they weren't in the meeting, and they knew they wouldn't be when they qualified! It was a learning curve for them....but "good ride from the German" wouldn't go a miss.

A new-comer to the sport would be like..."hang on, the guy in the blue helmet has just come into third place but no-ones said anything!" Oh well....the German's did well and I'm very proud of Smoli!

The Germans were just dreadfully unlucky to get drawn in the 2nd Event. They'd probably have been close to double figures if they'd been at Swindon. But the Eskilstuna meeting was very tough.

Edited by Subedei

Heat 24 shockingly dreadful decision, Rickardson deffinatly should have been excluded :mad:  :mad:

I agreed any other rider would have been excluded.

Heat 25 brilliant I was hoping that Gollob took the win as I think Gollob would have beaten Trick but that all ifs and buts and history

The Germans were just dreadfully unlucky to get drawn in the 2nd Event. They'd probably have been close to double figures if they'd been at Sweden. But the Eskilstuna meeting was very tough.

They were in Sweden. :blink:

Bet there is a Polish ref at the next 2 meetings as well :)

God save..... :( Next idiot...

They were in Sweden.

That's a jolly valid point. I meant to type Swindon, I thought I'd typed Swindon, but all the available evidence shows I typed Sweden instead.

And, you know what, if you look in a couple of minutes, it'll show that I did type Swindon. But, by that time, it'll be too late.

The ref bottled it. Rickardsson was dirty and should have walked. Dreadful decision :mad:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tony Steele taking the final.

I don't care who the ref is as long as he knows the rules and applies them consistently!

Edited by Midnight_Lady

exciting meeting - think that the racing in poland will be cracking!

The next 2 meetings have to have neutral referees. Tony Steele could do the race-off and A.N.Other not from any of the 4 countries in the Final could ref that one.

Heat 25....A rider can win his country the World Cup by gaining a solitary point. From the start he goes down on his own at the first bend.....the referee is from his country..........do you honestly think he would exclude him?..........I think not.

And please can we have a consistent referee....Holta's exclusion was harsh and Rickardsson's Spanish Archer (El Bow) escape were just unbelievable.

I thought the ref got the rerun of heat 24 spot on. Hampel attempted to get across TR and put his arm over Rickardsson's. He wasn't having it and reacted immediately. Unfortunate for those in gates 3 and 4 but a rerun with all four was the only fair decision.

The problem I have with the ref is the inconsistency. I don't really have problem with having an all 4 back for the Ricko incident, but he should have done the same for the Holta incident.

A lot of ref's however would have put on the red light for an unsatisfactory start in the last heat so I guess we should be thankful he didn't because it was a race to savour.

Two things struck me about this meeting.

On Sunday every one associated with team GB, including the commentators, bigged up Steady and Bomber at every opportunity. Contrast that with the Aussies attitude to Watt and Shields who were talked down, topped off with Adams whinging that they now only had THREE GP riders in the side.

On a less serious note, how long is it before Kelv applies for Aussies nationality, he's not my favourite commentator at the best of times, but last night his constant pro-Aussie comments really did my head in.

Maybe like me they see Australia an extention of Great Britain. Bit like in the GP's if there is no Brit in the race I will cheer on the Aussies.

Maybe like me they see Australia an extention of Great Britain.  Bit like in the GP's if there is no Brit in the race I will cheer on the Aussies.

Not me, if there is no Brit in the race I cheer on the Swedes, Danes, Poles, Yanks - anyone but a XXXX Aussie :D