British Speedway Forum

I don't normally criticise referees/umpires and I won't do so now. However, I do think the FIM should ban them from taking the evening newspaper into the box during meetings! :shock:

You ask about Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum and the exclusions? Well, I didn't think either warranted an exclusion. In incident one, Gollob was on his outside line and Stead drifted coming out of the corner into his path. Wasn't a hell of a lot Gollob could do about it. He did well to stay on the bike himself. That race should've been stopped for an unsatisfactory start if anything. The second one Jonsson picked up grip and ran across in front of Stead. But Jonsson was in front and entitled to chose his line. Anyway, no one went down in either incident, so why stop the race?

Poland were awesome tonight and deserved the win ,lead by the mighty Gollob.Sweden didnt push them as hard as i thought they might and even rickardson wasnt his normal exceptional self.To be honest Team GB did as i expected (although i was secretly hoping that a miracle would happen and the boys would gate well,even bomber!! and sneak the win).On the plus side i think we have the makings of a decent team for the future maybe another younger rider in joes place in the next few years..kennett or even howe :blink: .Still we got further than the aussies :) Also proud to see a cornishman representing us even if he wasnt great tonight.

When Sir Kelv kept going on and on about dangerous riding and having races stopped, riders excluded and re-runs was he right to say this?  :unsure:

NO! Not once.

You ask about Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum and the exclusions? Well, I didn't think either warranted an exclusion. In incident one, Gollob was on his outside line and Stead drifted coming out of the corner into his path. Wasn't a hell of a lot Gollob could do about it. He did well to stay on the bike himself. That race should've been stopped for an unsatisfactory start if anything. The second one Jonsson picked up grip and ran across in front of Stead. But Jonsson was in front and entitled to chose his line. Anyway, no one went down in either incident, so why stop the race?

Good call Sube. Exactly the way I saw it as well. Some damn hard racing from all quarters tonight and despite best efforts we just weren't good enough. The team tried to keep their heads up and credit for battling to the end, but to be honest they were on a hiding to nothing from the start. The BSPA really need to take this result and start looking at how they can give our up and coming youngsters tough line international competition so that a World Cup isn't their first taste of it! Test matches, international tours whatever but EL racing on UK tracks isn't going to be enough.

Great night's racing again though and the Poles fully deserved winners. :)

like everyones sayinmg, we cant praise the team for that awful performance, im still proud of them though.

our riders will nerver learn if ppl tell them that they did well, all yous saying this will think that they done enough and they will always do performances like that

with the exception of Lee and simon everyone should be ashamed, if nthey tried there best them ill give it to them, well done.

maybe im wrong and it was poland who waqs awsome, they were good but us sweden and denmark made them look awsome, anyone ever thought of that rarther than saying poland were awsome.

Lee Richardson won as many races as the Swedes and Danes combined. As did, of course, Tomasz Gollob.

Guest Jim Blanchard
Gollob was on his outside line and Stead drifted coming out of the corner into his path

But Jonsson was in front and entitled to chose his line.

That makes perfect sense. ;):D

The difference being, of course, that Gollob-Stead was on the 1st and 2nd turns. The Jonsson-Stead incident was later in the race.

And anyway, it does make perfect sense, because I said neither should have been an exclusion. Perhaps you missed that bit.

So, by my calculation, it makes double-perfect sense. And you can't get much better than that.

Edited by Subedei

Guest Jim Blanchard
The difference being, of course, that Gollob-Stead was on the 1st and 2nd turns. The Jonsson-Stead incident was later in the race.

So? (Actually they were entering the third bend) When your in front your in front. ;)

yup the stead gollob incident was deffo going into the 3rd turn...

Team GB were simply not good enough. Simple as that. Richardson rode well (still don't like him tho), Stead was IMO excellent considering his lack of experience at this level and Bomber did his best.

Time IMO for a total change, forget the old guard, bring in more youngsters and while we are at it, ditch the one that never has any luck. I know it's sacrilege to say it on here but Middlo has to go. Change the manager, change the luck....who knows it might work. Give the job to someone who knows how it's done, knows how the rider feel and burst with patriotism.....Gary Havelock.

Think you'll find Gollob-Stead was exiting the 2nd turn, while Jonsson-Stead was exiting the 4th turn.

Actually, there were two Gollob-Stead incidents. The 1st was exiting the 2nd turn on lap one, the later one was entering turn 3 as Gollob passed Stead. And the later incident, entering turn 3 was perfectly fair from Stead. He was leading the race, entitled to chose his line, pushed Gollob out wide and Gollob still kept it going and passed him. A super race and full credit to Stead for his efforts.

Edited by Subedei