British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

2005 World Champion

Congratulations Tony :D

Edited by fairy4ever

Well done to Ricko-well deserved.

Can he make 7 next season? as that would be awesome.

Well done, Tony!

Commiserations to Jason.

Well done to TR he has come far from the unhappy man in the wheatsheaf in the late 80s having been told by swindon he wasnt good enough........

Well Done TR. I feel it's a bit of a anti-climax as we all knew it was coming, it would have been so much better had he done it in the last GP with someone else having a real chance of sneaking it from him.

Yep congratulations to Tony. It's a priviledge to have been able to watch such a sporting legend over the years from the early Anthony Michael Hall lookalike days to the ultimate professional he is now. B)

What odds on him making it 7 titles before he retires?

Congratulations to the mighty TR on his sixth world title. And a special mention to Jason Crump, who showed much grace and dignity tonight as he watched his title go to TR. I doff my hat, well I would if I was wearing one, to both. Both a credit to this sport and both hopefully with plenty left to give.

And congratulations also to Tomasz Gollob on setting his own record tonight. The first rider to win a single GP four years on the bounce. And another rider with hopefully many years still in the tank.

Many Congratulations to TRick on his 6th World Championship Title.

You've just made my life so much easier with #2 son, after the tears we had last year :approve:

Well done to TR he has come far from the unhappy man in the wheatsheaf in the late 80s having been told by swindon he wasnt good enough........

Dekker...it wasn't just Swindon !! TR did second halves at every BL (don't think it was called elite then) track of the time, over a 2-3 week period. The only ones who spotted his potential, were Ipswich !! He was told in no uncertain terms by many promoters of the time that he would never make it !!

Congratulations go to Tony on his achivements since then, not least, his achievement of getting his 6th title tonight. I for one, wouldn't be surprised if he got a 7th

Edited by rusky

Great stuff from TR, and this could so easily have been his 7th win! Of course, there is always next year! "Simply the Best!"

Well done Tony...a credit to the sport, inspiration to many. I think he has it in him to make it 7 before he retires, but that will be decided in the next few years. :)

7th,what about his 8th and 9th,yeh well done tricky,your one of the legends of speedway that come along now and then,whose next i wonder ?