British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shale Eater

Nominations

I also agree about Loram. When he was beaten in Norway by some 40+ unknown that was the final nail in his coffin at world level. Looked dis interested as well, and rode like he wanted to be elsewhere.

Stead is nowhere near ready, and won't get a sniff other than the chance of wild card at the British GP. Nicholls and Richardsson are better riders and will get the nod before Stead.

I also don't reckon Karlsson will get in either. He is too old, and whether he is on form or not, BSI will go for up and coming younger riders.

Should be interesting when the lineup is announced. But no suprises.

I still can't see any compelling reason, other than commercial, for either Nicholls or Richardson to be retained in the series. They failed in 2004. They failed in 2005. And the chances are they'll fail in 2006. Serial failures that should be defenestrated.

I'd like to bet that if Mark Loram was in the GP's and made a decent start to the season the british fans would not be disappointed! The bloke ain't that bloody old and remains one of the most popular if not THE most popular british rider ever!

Nicholls- The British GP is the biggest on the calendar. He will be one of two Brits seeded.

Lindback – Two GP’s in Sweden = Three Swedes in the series. He’s in.

Hampel - Two GP’s in Poland = Three Poles in the series. He’s in. He is actually the most deserving after his injuries this year.

Andersen – Danish. Ole Olsen GP director, Danish. He’s in.

Richardson - The British GP is the biggest on the calendar. He will be one of two Brits seeded.

Rullivan – No Aussie GP. He’s out replaced by Zager.

Chrzanowski – Cannot seed the rider that’s finished last. Will be replaced by Kasperzak due to the Polish two GP round rule.

The only deviation from this would be Andersen out and another Brit put in, due to the success of Cardiff. That Brit would be Stead.

They failed in 2004. They failed in 2005. And the chances are they'll fail in 2006. Serial failures that should be defenestrated.

Have I heard this before?? Oh yeah, you've said it on every post in this thread :blink: Boooooooring :o

Chances are Trick will fail 2006, chances are...

Nicholls is an asset for the series, a great rider who becomes the the greatest when he sorts his gating.

IMHO, The seven seeds should be:

1. Scott Nicholls... just missed out on automatic place, scored more race points than many in the top 8 but missed out by not reaching finals.

2. Antonio Lindback... Young, talented, erratic - good value for money!

3. Jarek Hampel... HAS to be in the 2006 series. Only missed out on top 8 due to missing three rounds due to injury.

4. Lee Richardson... on the basis of his World Cup perfromance and second place in Bydgoszcz. There needs to be a second permanent Brit in the series.

5. Krzysztof Kasprzak... the third Pole for 2006. Younger than Protasiewicz (who's been given enough of a chance in the GP series in the past).

6. Niels-Kristian Iversen... deserves a chance, after two very good wildcard appearances in the Danish GP in 2004 and 2005.

7. Matej Zagar... rostrum place as a wildcard in 2005. Nuff said!

All the best

Rob

Imo I think the top 8 as it finished are the only riders with any chance of sustaining a successful attempt at the GP's due to their sponsorship/backing. I think the rest whoever they might be, cannot muster the funds that the likes of TRick et al have at their disposal, so any of the 'invited' riders are only ever going to 'make the numbers' up. The costs to sustain a successful GP campaign must be enormous.

Just my thoughts no harm intended :)

Colin. :)

Yes, an endless GP budget is all-important it seems.

It would be nice if it wasn't like that...but it is.

No doubt, TRick's fans are hoping that the bulk of his budget came from a 'clean' source. :blink:

We shall see.

Don't they say that when it's too good to be true... But who has these mega budgets? Crump, Trick, Gollob, Adams...??? Richardson maybe 2nd tier same as Nicholls... Yet even Crump told in the Star how overwhelmed he was with all the toys Trick has.

Same kind of stuff (the MaiKai incident) has been in football for years. This year a chinese businesman bought a finnish football team, fired the coach and brought in a dutch coach with 5? dutch players, one of them previously suspected of fixing a game. Anyway, they lost their first game 0-8, and it's been reported that millions were made in illegal bets troughout Asia. This was 3 months ago, and the investigations are yet to finish. Infact there's another game they are currently investigating as well, with the same team.

Edited by f-s-p

Have I heard this before?? Oh yeah, you've said it on every post in this thread :blink:  Boooooooring  :o 

Chances are Trick will fail 2006, chances are...

Nicholls is an asset for the series, a great rider who becomes the the greatest when he sorts his gating.

I agree :D

From the little i saw(some on tv and the Danish GP)Nicholls was one of the few exciting riders.Iversen as well

I agree :D

From the little i saw(some on tv and the Danish GP)Nicholls was one of the few exciting riders.Iversen as well

Breathtaking moves from Scotty against Sullivan @ Eskilstuna GP :approve:

Edited by f-s-p

Well Subedei has a somewhat strange obsession with removing Scotty,Rico and Tony Blair from their seats :P Can't replace them all with Poles B)

I know that leaves it open for someone to say a pole can do a better job than Blair

Edited by iris123

No, I'm being consistent.

With the circus now lacking an entry tournament, there has to be some form of selection process to eliminate the weaklings. My view has always been that if you fail to automatically qualify twice running, you should be out. In that sense, Andersen, Nicholls, Sullivan and Richardson have failed and should be kicked out. But it seems Nicholls and Richardson don't even have to try. They should just automatically have a place because the British GP is all-important.

Guest PanthersChamp06

So no one thinks that Bjerre will get a place, i think apart from Nicholls abd Hampel who are almost guaranteed places it is 4 out of 6 riders.

Edited by PanthersChamp06