British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shale Eater

Nominations

Whats Zagar done to merit his position?

same can be said of Zagar too, he has done NOTHING to justify his place expect one exceptional GP in his home land on his home track!

What have S. Nichols and L. Richardson done this year? Nothing to deserve place in GP.

I hope Matej can prove his talent next year in front of all mention riders!

Hans is not my favourite rider by a long way but i'm stunned by this decision - he should have got in ahead of all 3 riders - without doubt he was heading towards being a future world champion (dark side or no dark side)....time will tell as to whether this will affect him adversely or not

On the flip side I am pleased that two of the younger guns have got a chance and Pepe is a very likeable rider but the token gesture by BSI is too late in the day and it is time that a proper qualifying system was brought back (ie one where everyone has to qualify except for the world champion)

p.s. in defence of Scott no one can tell me that he wasn't one of the most entertaining, fastest and most consistent in the second half of the season - he may never be world champion but he will remain on the cusp for quite a while yet and if he sorts out his gating and self belief who knows?

Edited by Splatty

Whilst I can understand your frustration at Hans missing out, I don't think that PePe should be the target of that frustration. In the UK, at Ipswich, Hans has been better than PePe, but in the other big leagues of Poland and Sweden, Hans has been inferior to PePe.....not to mention the fact that Poland were always going to get another entry to the series, and PePe is easily the best Pole outside of the series.  ;)

What I can't understand is why Hans has been dropped for Puk...that's where the real debate should be.

Don't get me wrong HenryW, I would have been very happy to see both Hans and Pepe in the GPs. Of these last 3 nominations I fully expect Pepe to finish the highest at the end of '06 but I can only go by what I've witnessed this season as I don't closely follow Polish or Swedish speedway. As stated above I find it hard to believe Pepe has the nod over Hans, the fact that Niels and Matej have as well is totally amazing.

I fully expect to see Pepe on the rostrum in at least one GP next year(probably bydgoszcz). :approve:

Strange decesions but hey its speedway, and where Ole Olsen has a say then you sort of come to expect it! :blink:

It was rumoured that Matej Zager would be there along with a Dane and a Pole but the two they have chosen is debatable.......

Bjerre - was 1st reserve this year but is curently injured, which shouldn't be a factor in 2006.

Andersen - has won a Gp before but failed to qualify for this year after being given a wild card for 2005. 1 strike and you are out it seems.

Iversen - Done ok in the past when a wild card but struggled in the UK

KK / Kolodziej / Miskowiak - All have time on their sides but not too consistant at present.

Kosciecha / Walasek / Holta / Ulamek / Pepe - The "old school" so anyone could have got the nod.

I would have thought that if it was due to sponsorship the Hans and Pepe would have been picked due to their deals with Meridan Lifts and Pentel. So one question, What sponsor will Iversen bring to the GP this year? B)

Karl

Ps this now makes Hans a more sort after property in the UK but maybe he will now want a better deal?

To say that Iversen hasn't done anything in the UK this season is rubbish he's probably been Oxford most reliable rider this year putting in big scores most weeks.

I also think it is good to put a few new riders in the GP next year, to have the same riders every year gets a bit boring, and riders that have been in it in the past Sullivan and Andersen in particular have been quite good for a while but you've still got the same riders winning these meeting so give someone else a chance.

I can't believe Hans isn't in the GP's next year, he is such an exciting rider and a character, fancy putting Pepe and Iversen in I think they have flipped in the choices, and as for Richardson well that took the biscuit he is a pile of CRAP yes I dare to say it, how does he deserve a place and yet they have thrown Hans out, well I for one aren't as interested for next year, lets he hope he gets in for the year after and shows them all the way home which I am sure he can!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

After a barnstorming year at the The Showground BSI will be begging him to return in 2007 :approve:

Just caught up with this thread and must say I am shocked...that Kasprzak hasn't been given one of the remaining wildcards. a better rider than both Zagar and Iversen, so why did they get picked before the U21 world champion? :rolleyes:

Zagar is at best a second string and will be the Chzranowski of 2006. he will do OK around his own track but struggle at all other places.

Iversen is a good rider but certainly not world class and hasn't done anything in 2005 to warrant being picked over Hans Andersen and KK.

Yes the BSI needs fresh faces in the GP series otherwise it will go stale, but Pepe has had his chance and KK should have got the nod over him. Pepe has not done it at this level.

Replace Zagar, Pepe and Iversen with Kasprzak, Andersen and Lindgren and it would just about right.

Well i thought Iversen was a bit unlucky to only get 7 in Copenhagen.Can't see how you can think Lindgren should be in when his ave is lower than Iversen?

Bjerre - was 1st reserve this year but is curently injured, which shouldn't be a factor in 2006.

Iversen - Done ok in the past when a wild card but struggled in the UK

The same Iversen who has a higher EL averge than Bjerre?

Iversen is a better rider than Bjerre, he is more exciting too, I have never understood why so many rate Kenneth ahead of Puk! Prehaps it's because Kenneth burst onto the scence where as Puk has made solid, continual progress. Kenneth stagnated this season, Puk continued to improve.

Just where exactly has Bjerre out performed Iversen? Not the British EL, not in Sweden either, the Danish Championship or the Danish League. He has a better GP record too.

Steve Shovlars post made quite a bit of sense, shame he had to mention Lindgren, he is a year or two away from the GP series yet.

Edited by SCB

He has a better GP record too.

Not this season. Bjerre made a semi this season. Iversen didn't. Iversen will be 2006's Chrzanowski.

Kolodziej is more deserving of a GP place than any of Iversen, Bjerre, Kasprzak or Lindgren.

Edited by Subedei

Well, BSI have got it just about right - in fact, had they picked Kasprzak instead of Protasiewicz, it would have matched my prediction for the seven wildcards exactly.

Puk will do a great job in the GP. Hans Andersen just didn't live up to expectations this season and didn't deserve to be seeded in for a second successive season, not when there's a young, talented chap like NKI waiting for his chance. Would expect Puk to finish somewhere around or just under that eighth spot.

Got slight doubts about Zagar, simply because he was awful when I saw him at the PLRC at Sheffield. He has done very well in the Slovenian GP in wildcards appearances, but he needs to prove he's not a one-track pony. But I think he'll do OK, a finish of 11th-12th would represent a first good year for him.

Protasiewicz is the big surprise for me. Was expceting for BSI to plump for young gun Kasprzak, although many they just want to give him one more year to consolidate his 2005 form, before giving him the challenge of the GP series. Must be Protasiewicz's last chance, the new wave of Poles are coming, if he doesn't perform in 2006, that'll be it. Might be "the Chrzanowski" of 2006.

All the best

Rob

Just what i was thinking Sube. Optimistic in the extreme. Reckon if he finishes 12th it will be a good year for him.

Would expect Puk to finish somewhere around or just under that eighth spot.

You are having a laugh. NKI will finish stone last and Zagar just above him probably courtesy only of the Slovenian GP.