British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beercellar

Gary Frankum

What a sad story.

i no,its my friend,whose got the same thing,told me all about it,see i stoppd going for about 6 - 8 years,got married,had a child,and couldnt afford speedway.so missed out on a lot good riders.

Wow, that ME is scary. Excellent site and thanks for the link certainly made me see things differently xx

http://www.garyfrankum.com/index.htm

if any one is interested on what happened to him.and how hes doing now

Gary is a very ill man,he struggles with little help and he makes his condition worse by helping others.

Last year He was rightly up for Great Briton 2004 which he came a respectfull 4th and below i have added a few bits from the daily telegraph in case anyone is interested.

People have said i blow the Gary Frankum trumpet too much but my brother in laws child was seriously ill with M.E and it was Gary who came to the rescue as he has done for many families around the uk, my brother in law and his wife will always be thankfull for the help and support he gave and little did i know at the time Gary came from my hometown of Exeter, we have become friends since.

Gary Frankum may Not of been a World Champion on track but he is off track by all the hard work he does for sick people with the awful illness M.E, he has receieved letters off Tony Blair and several celebs backing what he has done for sufferers, sadly Speedway has forgotten him.

Gary can be contacted through is website WWW.GARYFRANKUM.COM

Hundreds of you have joined our quest to find the greatest Briton of 2004 - and it is not just the usual suspects who are earning your vote.

The first wave of nominations saw Gary Frankum, the speedway rider struck down with ME, win praise for the his tireless campaigning against the disease.

Hundreds of you have joined our quest to find the Greatest Briton of 2004 - and it's not just the biggest names who are earning your votes.

Gary Frankum, the speedway rider struck down with ME, won praise for the way he has campaigned tirelessly against the disease and the Olympic boxer Amir Khan was noted for "giving all for his country

The first wave of nominations also saw support for many others in the sporting arena, including the jockey AP McCoy and the rugby league star Andrew Farrell who one reader said was "an embodiment of the bulldog spirit".

Andrew Flintoff was described as someone who "lit up the summer" and "a man of steel", while badminton's Olympic silver medallist Gail Emms and the footballer Frank Lampard also rated a mention.

Mathew Pinsent and Paula Radcliffe have proved popular but have been left trailing in the wake of Kelly Holmes who, in the words of one voter, "epitomises the never-say-die attitude".

Not surprisingly, quite a few of you voted for Jonny Wilkinson who, said one reader, "embodies the totally the greatness of being British".

Take it he's been invited to Buckingham Palace for the Royal Garden Party? Enjoy it Gary my parents did when they went :approve:

Congratulations Gary.

Take it he's been invited to Buckingham Palace for the Royal Garden Party?  Enjoy it Gary my parents did when they went  :approve:

Didnt you go with them?

Gary did say he wasnt that bothered about going? :o He said it would be full of stuck up people who are on a different planet. :D

He  said it would be full of stuck up people who are on a different planet. :D

you going with him then?

Didnt you go with them?

Gary did say he wasnt that bothered about going? :o  He  said it would be full of stuck up people who are on a different planet. :D

Hmmmmm in that case tell him to rsvp quickly so that someone else that would enjoy the chance of a lifetime experience can go. Sounds like the only space cookie there will be him if he thinks like that!

Norbold I think went a couple of years ago and he's not "Stuck Up" as nor are my Parents.

Gary did say he wasnt that bothered about going? :o  He  said it would be full of stuck up people who are on a different planet. :D

I presume all those other stuck up people will also be attending as a way of being thanked for all their voluntary and charity work.

What charitable thoughts some people have :mad:

Best not say any more don't want to be modded :wink:

Well said SL, why can't I just say that instead of getting all irate in my posting :lol:

Hmmmmm in that case tell him to rsvp quickly so that someone else that would enjoy the chance of a lifetime experience can go.  Sounds like the only space cookie there will be him if he thinks like that!

Norbold I think went a couple of years ago and he's not "Stuck Up" as nor are my Parents.

Maybe i didnt make it clear, it wasnt the ones invited at all but the royals he really dislikes, except i think wills and harry.