British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
covbees7

World Cup 2006

Anyway if it's coastal tourist areas they want,then what better than Stralsund(recommended by M.Ferjan). :P Lovely old town,with plenty of tourist attractions.Situated right by Germany's biggest island Rügen,summer playground of Erich Honneker.Part of Pommerania, it shares history with Poland and was also part of the Swedish empire at one time,so already has lots of interest for two of the main nations.Also for all their faults the communist government were very keen to promote FKK(Freikörperkultur or naturism),so not only are there plenty of babes on the beaches, a large proportion don't have any clothes on :o

Oh,i forgot,there's also the Beer

Edited by iris123

I could just as easily turn around and say that Swindon is the easiest to get to because it only takes me 20 minutes whereas Poole would take in the region of 3-4 hours.

What? Are you cycling to Poole Shortoi? Poole to Swindon is 90 minutes in the car. So if you live 20 minutes north of Swindon is, say Cirencester, it would only take 2 hours! :D

I hope Speedway WC get a chance outside Sweden, Poland and England.

I liked to see Russia staging the final rounds.

Could be a enormous boost for them as a federation.

Edited by tarabanko

What? Are you cycling to Poole Shortoi? Poole to Swindon is 90 minutes in the car. So if you live 20 minutes north of Swindon is, say Cirencester, it would only take 2 hours! :D

Well I haven't passed my driving test yet, so if I want to go to Poole I guess I will be cycling. :wink::P

I hope Speedway WC get a chance outside Sweden, Poland and England.

I liked to see Russia staging the final rounds.

Could be a enormous boost for them as a federation.

What about Germany hosting a round?

Denmark did a great job in hosting it a few years ago...how about a round there? Poland was amazing last year, they definitely should have a round.

Edited by ha en bra födelsedag

Germany? Hmm.. At recent gps in Germany the crowds has been bad, and that talks against Germany me thinks!

Germany? Hmm.. At recent gps in Germany the crowds has been bad, and that talks against Germany me thinks!

I ment at a league track in Germany, like Olching, not Berlin which, as you said, didn't get the crowds!

Or Landshut, which hosted one of the qualifiers for the wtc a few years ago.

Edited by ha en bra födelsedag

Poole has zimmer frames, grey rinses and Rabbit. Only one out of three is worth coming down for!

Love them zimmer frames. Oh, wait...  :D  :P

Cheeky wotsit Woody. You wait 'til Cardiff next year...I have a very good memory! :P:lol: And thank you F4E...that's very sweet of you. xx I'm very proud of my grey rinse. :D

Edited by rabbit

2006 CALENDAR FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP

The team world championship – the FIM Speedway World Cup – will take place in three different countries. Poland host the opening round on Sunday 16 July. Round two will be staged in Sweden on Tuesday 18 July with the Race –Off and Final taking place in Great Britain on Thursday 20 July and Saturday 22nd July respectively. Venues will be confirmed by the end of November.

PROVISONAL 2006 CALENDAR FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP

DATE ROUND COUNTRY STATUS

16th July Round 1 POLAND PROVISIONAL

18th July Round 2 SWEDEN PROVISIONAL

20th July Race-Off GREAT BRITAIN PROVISIONAL

22nd July Final GREAT BRITAIN PROVISIONAL

2006 CALENDAR FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP

The team world championship – the FIM Speedway World Cup – will take place in three different countries. Poland host the opening round on Sunday 16 July. Round two will be staged in Sweden on Tuesday 18 July with the Race –Off and Final taking place in Great Britain on Thursday 20 July and Saturday 22nd July respectively. Venues will be confirmed by the end of November.

don,t like to say i told you so but i told you so :D:D:D

I heard all rounds are to take place in Poole. BSI want a repeat of two years ago and rather than go to two different tracks, will base the whole show in the UK's premier speedway town.

I don't think they'll be able to stage it in the UK's premier speedway town because it is the middle of the event season and I fear that the East of England Showground may be in use. Therefore I suppose BSI will chase the weather, so if Eastbourne can't do it then you're in :D

Edited by Crump99

well that makes sense doesnt it

lets hold the world cup 3 weeks earlier when the kids are still at school

i hope and i pray that common sense will prevail in speedway

BUT I WON,T HOLD MY BREATH!!!!! :angry::angry:

Edited by covbees7