British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
covbees7

World Cup 2006

Not fair.... As it stands the SWC Final is due to take place on my 30th Birthday! So no party for me then... Still what a day that will be if Team GB lift the trophy.

How can you say that! I couldn't think of anywhere better than to spend my birthday at Speedway, two years ago Kev H took me to Oxford for my birthday and we met up with Tabby, Tina, Rainbow, Bryn and got to watch Championship of GB had an excellent night. I'd be chuffed to little mint balls if my birthday fell on SWC :approve:

How can you say that!  I couldn't think of anywhere better than to spend my birthday at Speedway, two years ago Kev H took me to Oxford for my birthday and we met up with Tabby, Tina, Rainbow, Bryn and got to watch Championship of GB had an excellent night.  I'd be chuffed to little mint balls if my birthday fell on SWC  :approve:

Well i suspose it would be a good birthday if all the fans in the stadium brought me a drink to help me celebrate. :D

Although it would be nice to have the World Cup Final at Swindon if I remove my local bias I would have to say that it should probably be held at Coventry.

It is the most centrally located EL stadium that has the required facilities.

Supporters who live ooop north must get fed up with having to get all the way down to the south coast so a midlands track is a fair compromise.

I personally think Coventry will get the final and Big Tel will wangle Swindon the run-off.

Generally the race-off and the final have been held at the same venue. I'd imagine that will continue.

The meetings will be raced wherever it suits BSI to race them. Thus, whoever fronts up with enough money will get the nod. That might leave Coventry out of the running. They have the money, but would they want it?

Edited by Subedei

Generally the race-off and the final have been held at the same venue. I'd imagine that will continue.

The meetings will be raced wherever it suits BSI to race them. Thus, whoever fronts up with enough money will get the nod. That might leave Coventry out of the running. They have the money, but would they want it?

I think Sadhu would have it, aslong as it makes money...but i can see either Swindon or Poole having it.

Well at Oxford on Friday everyone was saying that Swindon were getting it, but I have yet to see anything official.

Be a major shame if true. The track just doesn't produce good racing and the semi and final would be a bit of a bore.

It only takes me 90 minutes to get there so its close enough for me, but an opportunity missed after the fantastic night at Poole two years ago. That night had everything. Great racing, fantastic atmosphere, and high drama and controvesy. Poole just produces racing of a much higher standard then either Swindon or Coventry.

Instead we will all be standing on the banks of Blunsdon watching 4 riders spaced out over 100 metres or so. Yawn.

And who the hell wants to visit Swindon for a holiday? Christ, I even moved away from the place because there's nothing to do there!

Hope BSI know what they are doing.

I think Sadhu would have it, aslong as it makes money...but i can see either Swindon or Poole having it.

I doubt it. Although I would love it there. There is no money to make as the club does not get any ticket sale money and any profit is made through secondary spending - ie: bars and food. Compare that to a highly successful dogs night and it doesnt sound like a good business venture.

BUT maybe his heart may rule his head. Heres hoping

Well at Oxford on Friday everyone was saying that Swindon were getting it, but I have yet to see anything official.

Be a major shame if true. The track just doesn't produce good racing and the semi and final would be a bit of a bore.

It only takes me 90 minutes to get there so its close enough for me, but an opportunity missed after the fantastic night at Poole two years ago. That night had everything. Great racing, fantastic atmosphere, and high drama and controvesy. Poole just produces racing of a much higher standard then either Swindon or Coventry.

Instead we will all be standing on the banks of Blunsdon watching 4 riders spaced out over 100 metres or so. Yawn.

And who the hell wants to visit Swindon for a holiday? Christ, I even moved away from the place because there's nothing to do there!

Hope BSI know what they are doing.

What were YOU doing at Oxford on Friday then. Forgot to go home after thursday!?

As for dissing Swindon - utter tosh. :mad:

According to you the only track in the Country good enough for anything is Poole. :rolleyes:

Edited by fairy4ever

How more reasons do you need Steve?? :lol:

I thought BSI were trying to raise the profile of the sport!?

Surely Swindon cannot be their choice for the World Team Final.

Imagine the hoots of derision when you tell people that the World Team Final is being held at a place where you stand on a grass/muddy bank, trying to get as high up the bank as possible to try and get a decent view, having queued for ages beforehand to be at the front of the rush for the "good" places, and if you want to sit, take your own chair.

The toilets on the back straight are like old football stadiums of the 1950's and are appalling.

The VIP "lounge" is the top of a double decker bus, open to the elements and behind the grass bank!

The racing is usually poor with most riders on the one racing line.

No viewing in to the pits for the kids or kids at heart.

Good car park though! Until you come to leave.

And all this for a similar price as a seat in the marvellous stadium in Cardiff!!

Please, not Swindon.

Maybe this was the real reason why John Postlethwaite was at Brandon for the Play off Final. Maybe having a chat with Sandhu and to look at the facilities. He did say how impressed he was when interviewed on Sky!

Also it was mentioned in the Coventry paper the other week that Coventry could be in line for the final? So who knows! :blink:

Maybe this was the real reason why John Postlethwaite was at Brandon for the Play off Final.  Maybe having a chat with Sandhu and to look at the facilities.  He did say how impressed he was when interviewed on Sky!

Also it was mentioned in the Coventry paper the other week that Coventry could be in line for the final?  So who knows!  :blink:

we have held some brilliant meetings in the past....who could forget the grand prix in 2000? i think martin dugard will always remember it anyway!!!!!

even though i live in coventry i think i would stay at a hotel for the week otherwise it wouldnt be the same but there is the possibility of renting out my house .... any offers :lol::lol::lol:

And who the hell wants to visit Swindon for a holiday?

No thanks I know where I'd rather holiday, still if it's at Coventry a little trip to the Midlands could be in order :approve: