British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
norbold

Quiz Question For Gem

Yesterday I went to the VSRA Norwich Dinner and I met a former Leicester rider. The question is, Gem, who is he: See here

And what can you remember about him?

Edited by norbold

Yesterday I went to the VSRA Norwich Dinner and I met a former Leicester rider. The question is, Gem, who is he: See here

And what can you remember about him?

Well my first question is, which one are you Norman! :D

As to the former rider, it looks like Bert Harkins, but I don't think he ever rode for Leicester. So over to the Leicester experts................

Strewth! :blink: As someone who sat next to Vic White and was showing him my speedway scrapbooks but still didn't know who he was until I got a dig in the ribs from Summit, there is not a cat in hell's chance of me recognising this rider.

It doesn't help that I can't recall seeing him at any of the Leicester reunions either so I will have to leave it to the other Leicester experts. :wink:

OK, time for some clues...

He was also captain of Cradley Heath and rode for Birmingham. He hasn't been to any reunions in the last 20 years!

No.

While you're thinking about that one, here's another question.

Also in my VSRA Eastern Region Gatherings Webshots Album is a photograph of Stan Stevens. Here

Behind him are three former riders. Can you name them? I'll admit the middle one is a bit difficult! :rolleyes:

Edited by norbold

Harry Bastable?

Is it Olle Nygren on the left of Stan? :unsure:

Edited by iris123

Not Len Read or Harry Bastable.

But, it is Olle Nygren to the left of Stan. :approve:

John Boulger?

Not long seen John Boulger so I knew I could rule him out, also Jack Winstanley, Charlie Barsby, John Hart, Norman Storer, Bruce Forrester, Vic White, Keith White, Eric Hockaday, Ray Wilson, Malcolm Brown, Chris Pidcock.

So that's the list of who it isn't. Now for the list of who it could be.............. :unsure:

Les Beaumont

Is it Reg Trott to the right of Stan Stevens