British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog

Crumpie tantrum?

This might be a bit of a "third eye" situation as on Soccer AM, but did anyone catch the shot of Crumpie crouched down by his van after going out in the Swedish GP last night?

Head buried in his hands, then suddenly lifts his head, looks straight at the camera lens and mouths "**** off".

Tony Millard asks Chris Louis for a translation, Chris Louis suggests there is no need and it may be unrepeatable on TV anyway.

OK he had a bad night, so did Rickardsson, but compare the two after they were eliminated.

OK he had a bad night, so did Rickardsson, but compare the two after they were eliminated.

I'd hardly call coming 5th a bad nite :!: :!:

Crumpie went out after 2 rides & his championship hopes have all but gone. Trick is still joint leader.

Guest gp004f4830

I think it is a disgrace the way Jason Crump mouthed off in fron t of the cameras!!! He should be fined, we are trying to portray Speedway as a family sport, he is also a family man, how would he like it if his kids saw that kind of behaviour from a 'grown' man I term that very loosely!!! I cannot stand the bloke!!

I think it is a disgrace the way Jason Crump mouthed off in fron t of the cameras!!! He should be fined, we are trying to portray Speedway as a family sport, he is also a family man, how would he like it if his kids saw that kind of behaviour from a 'grown' man I term that very loosely!!! I cannot stand the bloke!!

Nice 2 see someone else with a balanced, sensible view of what happened. Your last sentence says it all. What a stupid comment :x

I cannot stand the bloke!!

We noticed, but i'm sure he will bounce back.

Highlight of a pretty drab GP. At the risk of sounding ' unbalanced ' ! Check this out.If you were told before the GP that two top riders would be eliminated and one would take it in good grace laughing and joking with his pit crew, and the other would skulk away like a spoilt little brat sulking with his hands over his face only looking up at the camera to say f*** off.Then you were told one was Rickardsson and one was Crump and had a quick straw poll as to which one was which,i don't think there'd be any surprises.Just par for the course with Crump.Probably getting to him that Sullivan is doing better than him too :D

I agree, Jason had no right mouthing off infront of the cameras like that!

At least Tony was smiling after he had been eliminated...

To my young children and I it was not unexpected, last season Crumpie went through the card at Foxhall scoring an 18 point maximum but then lost out to Scotty for the bonus point, after the meeting my children and I went to the pit area for the rider autographs only to be confronted by Crumpie f...ing and blinding in front of anyone who was there.

Needless to say my children and I were not very impressed, in total contrast to that, after beating the Coventry Bees the season before last, my children and I approached the motor home of Billy Hamill and Greg Hancock looking for their autographs and after waiting patiently for their turn, my children and I were asked inside where we were given a tour which finished with signed photos of both riders.

True gentlemen who need not swear at the slightest set back.

i am not a jason fan at all but i have to stick up for him here.

there really was no need to keep the camera on him when he was clearly upset!sky were asking for it they should just leave him alone next time.as for swearing at least him mimed it and i swear too much as it is so i am not going to tell him not to!

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Does anyone else think Sky deliberately followed Crump because they knew they would get some sort of reaction ?

Great rider but whilst he has his emotions as out of control as he often does then it will always make winning the World Championship twice as hard as it should be for someone with his ability.

Sorry Lunchy didn't see this particular scene but from what I can gather he sounds like a spoilt child not getting what he wants, although it must be very frustrating for him to go out of the GP, he should really have calmed his emotions he might of guessed the cameras were going to follow him for a reaction or is it the fact that people disliking him for his mood swings gives him a buzz for his riding :?:

Good Point Shazzybird.Everyone is different,some people love to be loved,some don't like all the limelight but just get on with things and some always feel the whole world is against them.I think JC fits into this last description.As you say,perhaps it fires him up more.

Phillip, as you rightly state, even though Rickardsson had been eliminated he still had a smile on his face. Obviously the pressure on Rickardsson had dropped quite considerably because he had not long before witnessed both Crump and Pedersen, who I am sure he expected more of, fall by the wayside.

Crump having lost last years championship by virtue of one bad round know he faced an uphill battle after Poland, so by going out before the semi finals was just enough to send him over the edge.

Perhaps sky will give the guy a little more respect and value his privacy next time.

Perhaps sky will give the guy a little more respect and value his privacy next time.

Sorry FT can't agree with this statement, if he doesn't like the limelight whether in a good or bad mood, maybe he's in the wrong business ;)