British Speedway Forum
Subedei

Hans Andersen Statement

I don't think anyone who finishes 25th in the EL averages deserves a chance, an average earned mostly as a reserve and a second string.  Could just have easily put Bomber or Steady in instead of Richardson to make it more competitive for the bottom four places imo, because there is no doubt who will be at the bottom. If I'm paying £45 to watch the worlds best 15, I expect to see the worlds best 15, Iversen, Zagar and Pepe do not fall into this category, the former two not by a long way.  My family will be saving a lot of money next season, we may even lose the habit of going to live GP's again, who knows. Bad business decision from BSI, because I won't be the only one who thinks like this.

And this is the point....

Iversen is, a best, an EL 3rd heat leader/top second string! He's not much higher in the other leagues either. If I were to suggest Ales Dryml or Charlie Gjedde for a place, who'd agree? Yet both of these have higher averages than Iversen....not to forget Mr Andersen who's average is a point and a half higher than Iversen. If Iversen gets in the what about Kasprzak (half a point higher) or Bjerre (just 2 hundreths lower). Or how about Freddie Lindgren - his average may be lower than Iversen's but it's higher than Lindback!

It IS very difficult to choose who but the inclusion of Iversen and Zagar is cynical at the least! As I said before the former is Ole's protege and the latter is the only halfway decent rider from an obsure eastern european country which happens to have a GP! The Iversen fan club can try to justify it all they like but there ARE better riders NOW (not in 2 years time!) who have missed out so that Ole's buddy can get a place!!!! :rolleyes:

Every rider in the world should have the same chance ,bring back all the propper qualifing with NO rider seeded through ,then you will get a REAL WORLD CHAMPION .

Every rider in the world should have the same chance ,bring back all the propper qualifing with NO rider seeded through ,then you will get a REAL WORLD CHAMPION .

Yeah that Rickardsson fella ain't a real world champion is he? :lol:

May the reason for a flatter atmosphere in Cardiff was the fact that no British done brilliantly well. Nicholls won a few races and managed to scrape through to the Semi-Final.

No Brit ever does well, we're used to that now but it doesn't stop us losing our voices in the first few heats and each time they are shown on screen running out of air horn gas before the meeting starts. (Before anyone nitpicks here Kev will vouch I didn't cheer for Richardson would rather cheer on (spit spit) Nikki P!)

OMG Lee has done Nikki P!

The shazzybird comment, from Live Updates, during the SWC round at Swindon. Come on young lady, you were cheering for him that night and in the final.

I wanted Team GB & Middlo to win, as an individual will not cheer him on :wink:

Interesting that a lot of people are seeing Olsen behind the decision to swap Iversen for Andersen.Just a thought,but seeing as Nicki,Bjarne and Puk all ride for Holsted and Holsted seem to host most of the top meetings now in Denmark,maybe its the man in power there that has the big say in things.Wonder if there has ever been a team that has had all the "top" riders from one country.Remember Gorzow with Plech and Jancarz,but 3 riders.

Just a thought

Interesting that a lot of people are seeing Olsen behind the decision to swap Iversen for Andersen.Just a thought,but seeing as Nicki,Bjarne and Puk all ride for Holsted and Holsted seem to host most of the top meetings now in Denmark,maybe its the man in power there that has the big say in things.Wonder if there has ever been a team that has had all the "top" riders from one country.Remember Gorzow with Plech and Jancarz,but 3 riders.

Just a thought

I'm sorry to correct you Iris123.

IMO PUK is not even close to be in the top 3 in Denmark.

Hans A. is a far better rider, but I think he has been critizing the GP-circus to much.

Had KB not had his injury, I really think he would have been in instead of PUK, now Hans A was not getting the WC.

I just wondered why they did not choose Gjedde instead of PUK. Hmmmmmm. Maybe you are right about what you are saying regarding Holsted and a strong leader.

Interesting that a lot of people are seeing Olsen behind the decision to swap Iversen for Andersen.

Think it's as simple as people just not liking Ole Olsen.

I'm sorry to correct you Iris123.

IMO PUK is not even close to be in the top 3 in Denmark.

Hans A. is a far better rider, but I think he has been critizing the GP-circus to much.

Had KB not had his injury, I really think he would have been in instead of PUK, now Hans A was not getting the WC.

I just wondered why they did not choose Gjedde instead of PUK. Hmmmmmm. Maybe you are right about what you are saying regarding Holsted and a strong leader.

No garf,i wasn't saying PUK was in the top 3,thats why i put "top" like that.So called top 3,so to say,if they are the 3 riders riding for the World Championship.Hopefully with the qualification coming back it will be better next year,because as things are at the moment the strong nations(Sweden,Poland and Denmark)suffer by having a limit on the amount of riders in the GP.

It also worries me a bit that Holsted have the 3 GP riders.Can't be good for Danish league speedway.

Edited by iris123

No garf,i wasn't saying PUK was in the top 3,thats why i put "top" like that.So called top 3,so to say,if they are the 3 riders riding for the World Championship.Hopefully with the qualification coming back it will be better next year,because as things are at the moment the strong nations(Sweden,Poland and Denmark)suffer by having a limit on the amount of riders in the GP.

It also worries me a bit that Holsted have the 3 GP riders.Can't be good for Danish league speedway.

Okie Iris!

In fact the 3 riders did ride at Holsted last year as well, and that did not give them the championship.

But you are right. The qualification rounds will give the best riders of the days a chance to get into the GP-circus.

As it is now, it is just very much politics and buisiness, and very little sport.

In fact the 3 riders did ride at Holsted last year as well, and that did not give them the championship.

No,but look what happened to Fredericia in taking the title.To challenge Holsted you either overstrech your funds or like Outrup maybe hardly make an effort to run a competetive team but stay within budget.

Similar thing happened here with Parchim.Ran out of money part way through the season and fielded a very weak side in the last quali round,even though they still had a good chance of going through to the final

Just to say, ouple of weeks after the news and I have had time to reflect on my earlier kneee-jerk reaction about being glad he was left out.

Well I have thought about it and just wanted you all to know I'm still laughing.