British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hackett

Poland, Bydgoszcz

FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 2006 CALENDAR

23rd September POLAND, BYDGOSZCZ

Has anyone been to this venue before ....

What is the easiest way to get there. Did I hear Ryan air fly there ???? and decent hotels fairly close to the stadium ........

Cheers

[B]I have, It's my original home town[/b]

What is the easiest way to get there.

Try http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/fares.php?dest=BZG&base=STN

and decent hotels fairly close to the stadium ........

try http://www.cityhotel.bydgoszcz.pl/index1.htm

Enjoy it !

flights and accomodation booked in the City Hotel, anyone stayed there before?

When do the tickets go on sale? any ideas

Also, when are the polish fixtures available for the sunday

Edited by TheCedarMan

flights and accomodation booked in the City Hotel, anyone stayed there before?

When do the tickets go on sale? any ideas

Also, when are the polish fixtures available for the sunday

Hi CedarMan

Who did you book your fights with? Just checked RyanAir and the flights for Bydgoszcz don't seem to be on sale yet.

Any other airlines fly to Bydgoszcz?

Cheers

Edited by ajh

I suggest using Search option -> type "Bydgoszcz" for "Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup" part of this forum and you'll find answers for all your questions...

LOT - Polish Airlines, flyout Thursday and fly back Monday, flying from Heathrow via Warsaw.

Booked them online this morning, hope this helps

You can get a lot more cheaper flights to Gdansk, Poznan and Bydgoszcz. All an easier option than Warsaw then Bydgoszcz.

What is the easiest way to get there. Did I hear Ryan air fly there ???? and decent hotels fairly close to the stadium ........

Cheers

Dear All

Just to let you know that the Ryanair flights from Stanstead to Bydgoszcz are now available. We booked our's yesterday and the total cost was approx £55 each (including a £7 credit card charge). Our flight arrives at 1.30pm on the friday so enough time to check in to hotel and get up to the stadium for the practice session!

Baz

Dear All

Just to let you know that the Ryanair flights from Stanstead to Bydgoszcz are now available. We booked our's yesterday and the total cost was approx £55 each (including a £7 credit card charge). Our flight arrives at 1.30pm on the friday so enough time to check in to hotel and get up to the stadium for the practice session!

Baz

Cheers for the heads up Baz.

Dear All

Baz

Cheers Baz

Just booked myself and a mate on the same flight. Hurray for low cost airlines :D

Really looking forward to this one. Seen some amazing racing from Bydgoszcz on the TV and now can't wait to see it firsthand but the thing I'm most looking forward to is sampling the atmosphere generated by the Poles.

I've looked through the Webshots photos of Papa Bazarou and Mateusz and it looks great. Think we will be heading for the backstraight as well.

The Bydgoszcz football style shirts with the name on the back look great as well. Can you buy them over there?

The Bydgoszcz football style shirts with the name on the back look great as well. Can you buy them over there?

You need to have friends in high places, eh Mateusz :P

Rico :rolleyes:

Ryanair flights booked for Friday 22nd for 2.5 Witches fans to make their return visit to Bydgoszcz! Hope to see Rico, Mateusz & everyone there again. At least this year we don't have to trek all the way from Warsaw. Now trying to get a hotel booked, hoping to get Pod rather than Brda this year.

And of top of that, Pepe has signed for another season so there will be at least one Witch to support, although I'll always be cheering for Gollob.

From what I have read there seems to be a choice of 3 decent hotels. The Pod Orlem, Hotel Brda and the City Hotel. Any pros and cons with each?

Are they all fairly central? I defo want to have (at least) a night in Chesterfields. Is that under the City Hotel? Guess it would be less distance to stagger :blink: Look forward to meeting up with some of you out there, even the 2.5 Ippo fans :shock::lol:

Also is the airport close to the city centre?

Cheers

You need to have friends in high places, eh Mateusz  :P

Rico  :rolleyes:

:lol: Ok then, I'll settle for the flares and smoke bombs. Could really see them catching on at the Norfolk Arena :D

Edited by ajh