British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Custom House Kid

High Beech

The full price is £14.99.....but there may be the odd discount available :wink:

I'm hoping to go but I need to know if the Collectors Fayre is going to be any good this year, given that the second Ryton Fayre is only a week later. Anyone know? It's a long way for me if the Collectors Fayre isn't gonna be up to much!

Just to let you know I shall be on BBC Essex at 3:00 p.m. on February 17th talking about High Beech...oh yes, and my Wembley book! :wink:

Just to let you know I shall be on BBC Essex at 3:00 p.m. on February 17th talking about High Beech...oh yes, and my Wembley book! :wink:

Norman,

Don't foget to mention that this years High Beech is dedicated to raising funds for the Speedway museum.

I shall be there selling DVD's and Video's of Once a jolly Swagman to raise funds for the museum.

I'll see you there.

Guest cheetahhawk

I am hoping to go as long as it doesn't snow.

I hate driving in the snow.

Anyone got any idea what the weather forecast is for Feb.19th?

If I do get down there I'll come and say hello to Norbold and anyone else that I recognise.

cue for everyone to run and hide. :D

Teamman, I already have a copy of Once A Jolly Swagman(filmed off the tv when it was on a few years ago),are you going to be selling anything else to raise funds for the museum as I would like to help raise some money for it. If you haven't got anything else to sell to raise funds could I leave some sort of a donation with you?

Edited by cheetahhawk

I am hoping to go as long as it doesn't snow.

I hate driving in the snow.

Anyone got any idea what the weather forecast is for Feb.19th?

If I do get down there I'll come and say hello to  Norbold and anyone else that I recognise.

cue for everyone to run and hide. :D

Teamman, I already have a copy of Once A Jolly Swagman(filmed off the tv when it was on a few years ago),are you going to be selling anything else to raise funds for the museum as I would like to help raise some money for it. If you haven't got anything else to sell to raise funds could I leave some sort of a donation with you?

Cheetahhawk,

The whole day is dedicated to the Museum fund so there will be plenty of opportunities to make a donation or there will lots of items for sale that will help the fund.

The DVD I sell for the fund is not just the Swagman film, it starts with an interview with the rider who did the riding for Dirk Bogarde in the film and an interview with Bill Owen who plays Australian Lag Gibbon talking about incidents in making the film.

It would be nice to meet as many forum members as possible, please come over and say hello, for those who have never been to High Beech before, Try and make the effort, it's a good day, and this year it's for the museum fund.

Edited by Team Man

Guest cheetahhawk
Cheetahhawk,

The whole day is dedicated to the Museum fund so there will be plenty of opportunities to make a donation or there will lots of items for sale that will help the fund.

The DVD I sell for the fund is not just the Swagman film, it starts with an interview with the rider who did the riding for Dirk Bogarde in the film and an interview with Bill Owen who plays Australian Lag Gibbon talking about incidents in making the film.

Okay Thanks for that Teamman. I may just have to get a new copy then as my Aunt and Uncle were New Cross fans I am sure that they would love to have that interview to remind them of all their great memories from the Frying Pan.

Okay Thanks for that Teamman. I may just have to get a new copy then as my Aunt and Uncle were New Cross fans I am sure that they would love to have that interview to remind them of all their great memories from the Frying Pan.

That's a nice idea, Hope to see you there

Edited by Team Man

Too late for High Beech, but just to add to my growing round of radio appearances (if that's the right word!) I shall be on BBC Radio London at 8:00 p.m. on 20 February as well talking about my Wembley book.

Well, at least speedway is doing well on the radio!

Too late for High Beech, but just to add to my growing round of radio appearances (if that's the right word!) I shall be on BBC Radio London at 8:00 p.m. on 20 February as well talking about my Wembley book.

Well, at least speedway is doing well on the radio!

Well, I was interviewed on the telly in Canada last week (sorry Norman, I forgot to mention your Wembley book!)

Guest cheetahhawk

Had a great time at High Beech yesterday. It was nice to meet up with you Team Man.

Sorry I didn't come and say hello to you Norbold,(I did see you just as we were leaving the hall) but I was feeling a bit faint inside the pub's hall, so had to escape quickly to get some air(nothing to do with booze as I don't touch the stuff)It was just so hot in there with all those people milling around.

Nice to see Joanne, Kevin H and Sean too. Also nice to see some of my other old mates from Hackney too.

Team Man, after we left High Beech we went to visit my Aunt and Uncle and they were really thrilled with the video. I think they may have kept watching it long after we had left them to get home. :D

We got some great Hackney posters(reproductions from last year's reunion) and pictures of Bengt Jansson too, now all I have to do is find a space on my walls to display them all. :approve::)