British Speedway Forum

Todays Echo

Former Pirates skipper Ryan Sullivan would like a Poole team to ride in his testimonial on the 2nd April. The 31 year old returned to Peterborough during the winter after an enery draining blood disorder ended his 2005 season in August.

Of his 12 years in British speedway, nine have been spent at Peterborough and this is the venue for the tesimonial.

But Sillivan is keen to celebrate his three years in the PIrates coours in 1996, 2004 and 2005.

And he wants Poole to ride in a four team tournament an=gainst Panthers, UK and Rest Of The World.

"The testimonial is coming together well. Its looking really good. I am trying to get hold of a few riders but the problem is most of them are waiting to see what the fixture list looks like. Hopefully I will get some top liners and especially ones the fans don't get to see too often in Britain. I have got a few names at the moment. Holta is one which will be quite a draw for the crowd. We are good friends and he is coming over to help me out.

"I have a lot of great memories of Poole and I hope their fans come to my testimonial. My meeting is not just speedway. It will be an afternoon of fn for everyone. As well as a stunt show, I am going to have a speed trap setup. It will measure the speed of the riders down the straight. This si a quick track so it will be great to see what it clocks."

Middlo said "I don't see a problem with the boys riding. I am sure they would be happy for the exra day of racing. Unfortunately, Ryan had a bad year of racing in 2005 and was obviously disappointed. The Poole fans were disappointed in him at the time but then we found out about his illness, his illness was of no fault of his own.

"He made a lot of friends and sponsors at the club and it was obviously sad how his time here ended. I can only wish him the best of luck in the future. I hope the Poole fans support him because he's been a great servant to british speedway over the years.

sound like it going to be a Cracking Meeting

Sullivan needs and deserves some good times coming his way - let's hope this is the first of them

Peterborough is a sod of a place for me to get to, but I've put the date in my diary. Be nice if the Pirates could put together a team including a certain TR as guest. :D

Well,I am DEFINITELY going up for this meeting.

The guy deserves a big day.

Good Luck to him.

Guest PanthersChamp06

As you know the more the merrier, we are planning to make quite a day of it.

four team tournament? Surely he means three team - Panthers, UK and Rest of the World (Poole) :lol:

Seriously though - all the best to Ryan for his big day.

Ryan Sullivan - Testimonial Meetings - hmm, wouldn't it be ironic if no-one turned up. :wink:

Ryan Sullivan - Testimonial Meetings - hmm, wouldn't it be ironic if no-one turned up. :wink:

got him confused with Leigh Adams i think there :unsure: (well he didnt turn up at glenn cunninghams testimonial anyway)

My favourite rider has his testimonial on my birthday, i couldnt have asked for anymore! Sounds like the preperations are coming along nicely and im sure we'll have a great day!

James :D

Peterborough is a sod of a place for me to get to, but I've put the date in my diary. Be nice if the Pirates could put together a team including a certain TR as guest. :D

I'd be well up for that. Anyone know if Poole may run a supporters coach?

Hopefully Poole will run a coach for this meeting!

I intend to be there no matter what, but would be so much better if I could just sit and relax on the coach instead of that awful drive up there!

and have a drink eh Tabby !

This will be a fantastic testimonial and speaking to Ryan recently if he gets the riders he wants it will be one of the best ever not just for ryan fans but for speedway as a whole !

Sounds like it will be a great event. Unfortunately I wont be able to attend as I have to work :sad: but I wish Ryan all the best and hope everyone as a great day :D