British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shale Eater

Good Luck Monkeyboy

Guest Shale Eater

I would just like to say good luck in 2006 to Monkeyboy aka Brendan Johnson. Just been watching him at the Poole P&P and was quite impressed. Once again good luck for 2006

good luck dude

Its been a real pleasure watching Brendan progress from his 125 at the Weymouth training schools. Watching him at Poole the start of this season He is going to be one to watch this year thats for sure Good luck Brendan have a great season :wink:

Steve

Good Luck mate.

Good Friday...Poole in the morning...Coventry in the evening......Berwick on Saturday!

Thats dedication,and one of the reasons I am proud to sponsor him.

If dedication wins rewards,I hope you reap them in big time.

BOB, All the under 15's are dedicated and commited to riding at any track and if the finances allow, then these outings are possible for many.The problems which no-one seems to address is that the riders are each out on their own and not allowed to ride with a 15 year old with the 'special licence' which is given between youth and conference levels.

If Brendon gets to Berwick and doesnt get a ride will you be posting or will the negatives go by the way side.

A classic example of this was last Monday at Wolverhampton when Joe Haines went to ride.The USA Dream Team and the special license riders were allowed out but the One Guy who was fastest out of all all of them statistically and on the watch was Joe but he never got a ride coz he was 14.If poole opened their doors for all, would they be queing up at the gate ?.Yes they would including my lad.

My point is that like George Piper when the going is good you all post but now Weymouth is a no-go its all silent.

My lad went to Coventry last October and beat Brendon and George by a quarter of a lap but he was not invited tonight to ride.Peter Oakes has his influences and favourites but the times set will get the attention by the public and not the favouritism vote.

Phil Greenwood

Posting like that Phil wont help him much either,and as they say One Swallow doesnt make a summer ,i have seen George, Brendan beat your lad by the same sort of margins on many tracks over the last season ...:oops:

Phil, I don't think posts like this will help with your cause to get Dan more rides. Peter Oakes has worked so hard with ALL youngsters including your own and in my opion does not show favouritism. If Bob wants to wish someone he sponsers well then so be it. I don't think it warrants a reply like yours.

I would also like to say that Poole do open their doors to other riders as well. The other week Jordon Frampton and Bob Charles where having a spin after the meeting. Matt Bates has also had a session or two there.

Edited by Mickey

:rolleyes:

As per usual you all missed the point.The 14 year olds and under are now not allowed out with the 15 year olds who have the special or conference licence.My post was not to have a dig or befriend anyone nor was it about getting rides for my son.Yes Poole did open their doors for those riders but they are all on special or conference licence so can ride together.

Everyone talks about bringing the youth on and how things are going to change now the under 15's has been succesful but unfortunately the truth is that it hasn't.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi

Thanks to everyone who has wished me well and i would like to say i had a great time riding in the second halves at Coventry and Berwick.

Also we have just returned from the abandoned ELRC and have been told that i will be shortly getting a second half at Peterborough thanks to Pantherschamps06 for sorting this with Colin.

Brendan.

Just a quick note from me Dave, while i agree that it is getting difficult to get proper second halves i dont think arguing on here is going to make any difference and the four adults that were at Coventry on Friday have made the problem known and we hope for a positve outcome in the near future.

Phil sorry to hear from Dan that he is no longer going to do speedway but i wish you both well now that you are concentrating on the grasstrack.

Dave.

Guest PanthersChamp06

Sorry Brendan have only just read the post where you were thanking us, finger's crossed that it work's out and that we see you flying around the showground very soon. We have to support a great future British Prospect Just Keep It Up. Well Done for Somerset.

Seen you at Somerset again on friday for your first few races, looked mighty impressive!!

keep it up Brendan!!

Where are George Piper, Sam Hurst, Sam Martin and Gary Cotham not seen anything posted by them for a while now?

George had an after meeting spin with Brendan at Poole on Monday evening.

Not sure about the other lads though.Whats happened to the Oxford riders,purchased by Reading in the winter?

About time we had some Acadamey fixtures,dont you think?

This is an excellent project,and needs to be kept going.These lads need competitive rides,not just after meeting spins.

Edited by BobC

Where are George Piper, Sam Hurst, Sam Martin and Gary Cotham not seen anything posted by them for a while now?

George was at Somerset last friday with Brendan