British Speedway Forum

Question......

when they have the restaging who gets invited to ride? these 16 or the highest 16 in the aves?

KArl

The same riders will be invited obviously, bit unfair any other way. It's hardly the riders' fault it rained, is it ? :)

Whatever happened to the perma-sunny South coast ?! :blink:;)

I dont know where they got their figures from,but it was certainly NOT what they quoted.There were considerably more people there on Good Friday.

Re admission tickets are valid for the rerun of this meeting...AT A REDUCED RATE!(so came the message on the scoreboard).Maybe you could confirm this Rabbit?

As I paid at the turnstile,Mike Golding asked what was happening out there regarding the weather,he then said that a 'light shower due at around 4pm'.Right on cue,it did.So they were aware of any weather patterns.

The main protagonists for the call off were Crump and Nicki P.Thats from friends in the pits.Dont know what is showed on camera,but I can assure you they were the ringleaders.

Must admit to being mystified at putting down sawdust while it was still raining.Then again,if that was a request from the referee,they had to do it.But when they did,they put it all down where the riders hadnt ridden.

Maybe they should have waited a little,as has been suggested,as we were leaving the stadium,it was not raining,and still isnt!!I know the damage might have already been done,but maybe track prep would have helped.

Basically,it came across to us in the stadium as Gp itis.Other matters contributed to a very poor advert for British Speedway.

Absolutley sure that we are all awaiting the verdict from all the Poole fans on the lack of aptitude for track preperation for todays ELRC. Have a look at post #23 on this thread, for the alternative (and many would say more realistic) thoughts on Pooles track preperation.

Match Report

Question......

when they have the restaging who gets invited to ride? these 16 or the highest 16 in the aves?

KArl

It,ll probably be a bunch of reserves as this lot can,t be a***d at the end of the season. :lol:

The Forecast for Wolverhampton tomorrow night is for possible showers, so we could be in for another shambles!!! :blink: The track was Excellent on Monday, so I really hope we don't get too much rain, I need to see some Speedway.

Anyway, not to Worry, Jonathan Green said he was going to get there early to cover the track, so we'll be OK, or maybe he could just 'talk' over the track to dry it out, he has enough 'Hot Air'  ;)

Am I the only one who thinks this man is becoming a liability to the sport with his stupid comments, Etc, or am I just getting cynical in my old age.

He appears to offer the Sport nothing with his comments, and he also appears to not listen to the riders he interviews because he ask's them the same question after they have already answered it. It could be 'Padding' of course, because he has nothing constructive to add after.

I can't be the only supporter of Speedway who is finding this years coverage on Sky somewhat, Irritating!.

I'm sorry Jonhathan, but it's time for a New Presenter :neutral:

I agree black country the guy is clueless .... thankfully they wont let him anywhere near the superbikes any more so at least not ALL of my viewing is ruined!

Mr Shovlar I would be grateful for your comments on the following points.

(1)  Did the Poole track staff water the track heavily before the downpour before the start of the meeting as JC alleged in his interview?

(2) If so do you feel that was a shocking decision due to the forecast?

(3) Will Matthew be prepared to restage the meeting or has he had enough of the ELRC?

I'm not Steve but seeng as I was in the stadium from 3pm onwards i think I might qualify to answer.

1. Yes the track was watered prior to the start, but until then it had been dry and sunny all day until mid afternoon. It was watered yes but not heavily. By the time the Sky transmission started it was then drizzling but nothing much.

2. No it wasn't a shocking decision. I was sat in the stadium with the Met Office rainfall radar page open, watching the drizzle come down, and no sign of anything around the Poole area on that site for the previous half hour. It simply didn't show up because the rain was too light and the only thing showing up was a small shower that as Mike knew about was due to pass a bit later.

3. Who knows... Matt and Mike will no doubt make an announcement but the fact that the admission tickets can be used to get back into the restaging for a reduced cost hints that yes they will be holding it again. Yes BobC..it is at a reduced cost...Clive didn't hear the 2nd part of the radio message unfortunately.

I'm still fuming over 2 or 3 things from this afternoon. I'm going to calm down a jot before posting more about this farce. :angry:

Edited by rabbit

According to Mr Shovlar it never rains in Poole? :P

Blue sky, not a cloud in the sky up here at Belle Vue this evening , the home of the ELRC.

Just got back from Poole and the weather drizzle on and off put pay to it.

After Heat 7 basically Jason and Mark said it was too icy and dangerous to ride and to be fair they were probably the most guts and glory riders there so if they said it was dangerous, it was dangerous.

Managed to listen to the first riders meeting, basically Postlewaite was talking to the riders and it sounded like he was sitting on the fence. Crumpy was basically the riders rep said to him ' Look is it on or is it off, just say it'.

Matt Ford then enters and basically says well theres blue skies over to the east which should head over towards the track eventually so the best thing would be to wait.

So after that about 30 minutes of track gradeing with sawdust, the track looked rideable, but the drizzle was still on and off and then heard the referee and the sky team called it off.

More disappointing drive the way home, because there was not a single drop of rain going from Poole back to the south west. :(

The main protagonists for the call off were Crump and Nicki P.

Believable and fair enough, really. They were the two riders with the biggest targets on them, if you get my drift.

:)

Perhaps the fans should boycott the british GP .... might show the superstars that we value our week in week out entertainment more than a single large payday for them far from being rejuvinated im afraid that this sport is dying :(

12bore, how much time and money did you spend getting to Poole today then ?

Don't tell me your turning into a drama queen as well now...we don't need anymore ! :P

Perhaps the fans should boycott the british GP .... might show the superstars that we value our week in week out entertainment more than a single large payday for them far from being rejuvinated

Never going to happen!

im afraid that this sport is dying

What a load of rubbish, where have you been watching your speedway? Crowds have been rising for the last few years!

Two big show case events for the neutral to turn on to in a week, and speedway does nothing whatsoever to encourage them to switch on again or to get up and go to a local track.

I maintain my point that most of todays riders won't ride if they can't go full throttle. If it's not safe to go full throttle then make use of the fact that it will twist two ways.

After Heat 7 basically Jason and Mark said it was too icy and dangerous to ride and to be fair they were probably the most guts and glory riders there so if they said it was dangerous, it was dangerous.

Managed to listen to the first riders meeting, basically Postlewaite was talking to the riders and it sounded like he was sitting on the fence. Crumpy was basically the riders rep said to him ' Look is it on or is it off, just say it'.

Yep you've pretty much got it spot on, the referee said during the meeting with the riders that the track was ok at that point and it had stopped raining so they will carry on (Crump was the first to say lets get on with it then) but if it rained again then it would be off. The riders were coming out again and it started raining again so the referee had to call it off.