British Speedway Forum

This evening? You're a day early me thinks...or like me totally confused by the Bank Holiday yesterday and got up thinking it's Sunday today. ;)

taken from poole website

ELRC Draw

The riding order for the 2006 Elite League Riders Championship which is being staged at Wimborne Road on Easter Sunday (April 16th) will be as follows: 1) Peter Karlsson (Wolverhampton); 2) Charlie Gjedde (Reading); 3) Leigh Adams (Swindon); 4) Chris Louis (Ipswich); 5) Hans Andersen (Peterborough); 6) Andreas Jonsson (Arena Essex); 7) Krzysztof Kasprzak (Poole); 8) Nicki Pedersen (Eastbourne); 9) David Howe (Oxford); 10) Jason Crump (Belle Vue); 11) Greg Hancock (Reading); 12) Lee Richardson (Swindon); 13) Bjarne Pedersen (Poole); 14) Mark Loram (Ipswich); 15) Scott Nicholls (Coventry); 16) Ryan Sullivan (Peterborough)

The event is a 5pm start with gates opening at 3pm. Admission prices of adults £17, OAPs £14 and Children £5 with under 5's admitted Free. A f amily ticket covering two adults and 2 children will cost £40. The first 500 admitted paying children will receive a free boxed Easter Egg.

anyone got a programme generator for this event ??? im sure i had one but cant find it ,, will keep looking but if someone has one handy that would be cool , thanks in advance .

I guess AJ won't actually be riding.  Anyone know the replacement?

Surely Joonas Kylmakorpi? Depending on his fitness I suppose, he's apparently got flu as well now. :rolleyes:

Epidemic at Arena by the sound of things!

So who would ride for Arena if Cupofcoffee can't?

Don't tell me...it's not Johno is it?! Bless him - he's ridden in more ELRCs than some club number ones! :approve:

I still don't understand why the EL individual events are not staged at a neutral venue. Bjarne Pedersn/Kasper Jack can't win tomorrow (figuratively speaking) as if he does win the event it will be said it is only be because he was at Poole and if he doesn't then he will get slated for not winning on his home circuit. The same with Swindon and the pairs meetings.

Pete

Edited by Pete

We already have a topic for this which has been started in the Individual Meetings and Testimonials column, which also has the full line up. :wink:

I still don't understand why the EL individual events are not staged at a neutral venue.  Bjarne Pedersn/Kasper Jack can't win tomorrow (figuratively speaking) as if he does win the event it will be said it is only be because he was at Poole and if he doesn't then he will get slated for not winning on his home circuit.  The same with Swindon and the pairs meetings.

Pete

Why do you say Bjarne Pedersen can't win it elsewhere. He is doing great this year and is more than capable number one. yes he is probably favourite tomorrow with home advantage but it has to be somewhere. the BSPA share the profits, and Poole is likely to give them the biggest return per club.

No Steve you misunderstand me, of course Bjarne could win it anywhere, my point is that if he wins it tomorrow people will state it is only because it is on his home track.

If it was held at a neutral track and he wins it or whoever wins it it will be a more 'clean' win (no nothing to do with Leigh Adams strange nickname either :) ). I was making the point that he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't like Swindon and their pair at the pairs meeting.

Pete

Steve, Pete doesn't say Bjarne could not win the ELRC elsewhere, he says that if he does win tomorrow everybody will say it is only because it was held at Poole. If he doesn't win he then gets slated for failing to win on his home track. Never mentions that he wouldn't have a chance at any other track.