British Speedway Forum

Was it late finishing, never noticed ............ hehe

Really good to see these young riders going hell for leather and giving it all they got at Saddlebow Road, hope we get a similar meeting next season too, very entertaining!! The track held up really well, OF COURSE ;) so the riders could do themselves justice all meeting.

Ben Wilson lead from the front literally, well done that young man!

Danny King was also making some good gates and riding the right lines (unlike some on the night!) .............. with him and Ben both finishing with 14 points, either of them would have been deserved winners.

Lewis Bridger, a thrill a minute he was, BUY the DVD and see for yourself! I guess he'll be able to hone his gating technique for the future but for now he's obviously honing his passing techniques for which he can't be faulted as far as us fans are concerned!!!!!

Steve Boxall rode well all night and fully deserved his place in the final, I'd imagine he had to use at least a different frame in the second running of the final following his fall, not sure if it hindered him or not although with the determined Bridger going all out behind him to pass he would have been hard pressed to keep the bronze position whatever.

I was disappointed that William Lawson couldn't make it, he would surely have been up amongst the winners on the night, damn exam ;)

Having watched that last night it certainly makes you want to witness some of the World Under 21 rounds, I wonder how much a flight costs to Italy in September ;)

One thing, messrs Oliver and Cockle, yep your impressions were pretty good, you can join us fans on the terraces any time :P ........ cheeky little sods :P

01 Edward Kennett 3, 2, 1, 1, 1 =8

11 Lewis Bridger 3, 3, 3, 2, 2 =13 THIRD

13 Daniel King 3, 3, 2, 3, 3 =14 SECOND

14 Jason King M, 3, 3, 3, 1 =10 SIXTH

15 Steve Boxall 2, 2, 3, 2, 3 =12 FOURTH

I've still no idea why Ben Wilson was seeded into the Championship Final (ie didn't have to ride a qualifier): but fair play to him, he clearly totally justified the decsion to do so: well done!

What I'd like to highlight, though, (being a massive supporter of Kentish Speedway) is the fantastic performance (not for the first time..) in a major junior championship of riders from Kent and/or who learnt their trade at the Sittingbourne training tracks.

Daniel second (and on the way to another World Final..!!); Lewis again proving all the doubters wrong (check out a number of threads in the EL section of the BSF and find out if/when any humble pie's going to be eaten!!??); Steve Boxall again doing well. And, looks as if but for a Two Minute exclusion in his first ride, Jason could possibly have done even better too.

Well done lads..: let's hope one day they'll be some League tracks in the county for you to return 'home' to ride for..??!!

I do share concerns about Ed though...: IMHO, no EL team giving him a chance is holding him back....

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

I do share concerns about Ed though...: IMHO, no EL team giving him a chance is holding him back....

No one giving him a chance, or him not wanting to take a chance????

No one giving him a chance, or him not wanting to take a chance????

Well, I have to say I DON'T know.. But is there any evidence of any EL club deciding to forsake one of their foreign riders and ask Ed to ride for them this season..???

Have to agree with all thats been said about Kennett, a move away to a bigger track seems to be a must if he's to progress much further, didn't seem to want to leave the white line much again.

Another person on this thread to swipe at Kennett. Dont seem to read the same about Wrighty, who is also marvellous at home and less so away.

So Ed has bogey tracks, many older more experienced riders still have these.

As for moving away, sorry but didnt he do OK for Poole!

(Just a thought when considering how many fans are quick to jump on Ed's case - Would Wilson have won it on a smaller track? No disrespect intended to him, as he is another terrific young British rider.)

Well done to the top four, and looks like Bridger surprised a few (including me) with his qualification.

Edited by Rob S.

Well, I have to say I DON'T know..  But is there any evidence of any EL club deciding to forsake one of their foreign riders and ask Ed to ride for them this season..???

Who knows. Isn't it great to see Lewis doing so well. It must have been all those second halfs at Wimbledon that has set him up for what looks to be a great career! :approve::P

From British-speedway.co.uk....

Wilson and second-placed Daniel King have now qualified automatically for the semi-finals of the World tournament.

Eastbourne's 16-year-old Lewis Bridger finished third, and he along with Steve Boxall and James Wright have progressed to the World qualifying round at Sheffield later this month.

(So what about J.King, also finished on 10pts. Did they have some sort of count-back with him and Wrighty?)

i certainly feel sorry for Jason King if he doesn't progress ... he had a problem with his bike before his first race started and had to switch to his Mildenhall bike for the rest of the meeting and rode superbly to rattle off 3 straight wins.

Wilson was fantastic ... when he won, he won convincingly, and was riding very very well.

Danny King looked good too and i'm very pleased he progresses.

Bridger was the excitement for the evening, riding lines that even Topinka wouldn't ride trying to go round people.

he certainly looked good in the practise once he got his bike sorted out.

well done 2 stevie and lewis!! unlucky ed but his performance last night was alot better than his usual performance at lynn! well done Ed! :D

WELL DONE BEN,I have been bang on about him all along this how he is going to establish himself as top Premier rider. :D

This will also be a fantastic tonic for his Grand Dad Roy who has not been very well. :D

From British-speedway.co.uk....

(So what about J.King, also finished on 10pts. Did they have some sort of count-back with him and Wrighty?)

The engine fire didn't have much effect at the end of the day because he still ended up in the semi final but unfortunately didn't make it to the final.

Does anyone know if a DVD is available of this meeting and if so, where from please.

Was gonna ask the same, definately saw filming taking place up in the stand and on the first bend

Team Man was doing the filming, might be worth waiting to see what he posts ... not sure if he was filming for micman or not but i expect so.