British Speedway Forum

You make a lovely couple  :approve:

Why thank you!

:D

I understand its only the second GP. I thought Crump would win tonight as he has broken the track record twice at Wroclaw this season. He has had a blistering start to the season and if he keeps it up it will take an amazing rider to catch him, saying that in all fairness Rickardsson is one of the best if not the best rider ever to jump on a speedway bike.

Edited by 605ts

Surely it's time for Olsen to go. It was generally agreed by the riders tonight that the track was nice and grippy at the practise, so why was it so slick for the actual meeting?

It's a nonsense, the meeting was crap. There was a certain amount of overtaking, but it reached nothing like the potential that this track has. Ole, go away, your time is up!

saying that in all fairness Rickardsson is one of the best if not the best rider ever to jump on a speedway bike.

Well I wish he'd done something to prove that tonight, I had to console a 9 year old after each race :lol: Not easy when you're not a TRick fan :wink: was even cheering on Grumpy tonight for what reason I don't know, had a weak moment :lol:

I think TR had one or two "blonde" moments tonight.

Is it just me, or is he taking "blonde" to extremes in terms of his hair? I blame Matt Ford.

Edited by Subedei

Hampel was useless, confirming my thoughts that he is not good enough. Should be riding in the UK. Serve him right for doing so poorly.

Hancock was woeful after a decent first ride. His days are over as a GP star, and he won't qualify for next year.

Zagar used his home track knowledge to do good. Can't see him keeping it up for the rest of the series.

Just some random remarks i've found, made after the Slovenian GP :wink:

The first GP in Slovenia was a great advert for the sport.Tonight was the opposite and fuel for the people that put speedway down saying ' first out the gate wins ' Most of the dirt seemed to be in a 12 inch deep slope stuck up to the air fence which you could see in Nicki Pedersen's fall. I found the whole thing boring. Oh and the sight of Olsen waving his clipboard at Gollob to hurry up and make his gate choice. What a prat. I'd love to have seen someone shove that clipboard up his jacksie. At least that would have livened procedings up. :mad:

Just some random remarks i've found, made after the Slovenian GP ...

Is that all? I'm sure you could find plenty more if you tried. :P

Pretty boring G.P., apart from the last few races. Shame the chap across the road to me, who is not a speedway fan, decided to go because he enjoyed Cardiff so much last year. :neutral:

Gaz you didn't quote the ones from before the GP series of Bjarne Pedersen being in the top 3 and Lindback being in the top 6.

Yeah, the track was a disgrace again, what is that man thinking, every year you hear riders complain that it's totally different from practice, so whats the point in having a practice for goodness sake (being polite here).

A few good races late on livened up an otherwise dull meeting.

Well done crumpy, he maximised on the downfall of his competitors

Thought tonights meeting was very entertaining! TRicky obviously was still suffering from having the Flu!

Want to say well done to Reading guys Matej and Greg for getting in the final and on the rostrum!

Nicki did well considering he had only had an operation recently! Scars looked dreadful :blink:

Bring on the next GP! :D

Think you'll see TRicky back to his old self by then! NEVER count him out!

well he will just say that Hancock, Crump, N Pedersen, Zagar, Hampel, Adams, Gollob, and Nicholls were all lucky to be there in the semi.

personally, i'd just say that Rickardsson was crap.

Yep me too!!!!!!!! :D

Well done Jase, keep it up!!! :D:P

I notice that Tony Rickardsson is having his now regular day off after a GP - Nicholls replacing him in the Unia Tarnow line-up. I've a feeling this will do still further harm to Rickardsson's chances in the GP. He's showing little or no respect to the leagues and it is now affecting his GP form, in my opinion.

Track was completely olsen'd and was shocking. No dirt, but a fine powder. Pretty turgid stuff and was struggling to stay interested after the first few heats. We have the worlds best on view and Olsen serves them that to ride on. Wish someone would have taken that clipboard off him and smashed it over the wallys head.

Rickardsson didn't look right at all. Something wrong there, but blaming his performance because of flu is bullsh*t.

Nicholls has a huge mental problem and until he gets over it is never going to progress into the top level. He just doesn't believe he is good enough when it comes to the crunch races. You can predict before the semi he will not go through. He doesn't have the belief, which means he rides poorly and his gating in the big races is quite frankly appalling.

The less said about Richardson the better. He doesn't belong at this level. Time to give other Brits ago.

With not being able to watch many of the GP's, due to Rye at home on same night I was hoping to be entertained by the worlds best, but the Danish wally spoilt the whole meeting.

Easy World title unfortunatly for the Ginger whinger.

Edited by Chris

Easily sorted - just mess around with the signposts when you see Olsen coming and direct him to Orebro instead of Eskilstuna.

Thanks for the tip Sub :P