British Speedway Forum

a bad day for british speedway...a national final at a poor stadium(with poor viewing),on a poor track,with poor presentation,poor field all making for poor entertainment.the hierarchy should take a long hard look at things,it's time for a radical shake up before speedway bites the dust (pun intended).this is not the way forward.time for someone to get hold of domestic speedway(and its magic circle-pun intended) and give it a kick up the ass (or at least bring it into the90s)!

The bumps and ruts shouldn’t be there, but they do make the riders work harder and love them or hate them they do add to the racing.

And there we have the reason why I will NEVER, EVER visit Kirky Lane EVER AGAIN.

If that's the only way they have of making the racing "interesting" then they shouldn't even be allowed to participate at Conference level.

It's only my opinion, but it's heartfelt.

Dean Barker's withdrawal from the meeting was announced in the Sussex press on Saturday morning, and posted on this thread Saturday afternoon, so there was never any suggestion that an injury on Saturday night caused his withdrawal.

No reason was given in the newspaper for his pulling out.

Awwwwwwww don't you just love Deano ............. well he is Marks mate :wink:

thats the problem, most of speedway is not run professionally. again i do not agree with neil machin on everything but he and malcolm wright do run sheffield professionally, with a few blips which can be expected in every business but until the riders and most other promoters follow suit speedway will be a laughing stock.

the crowds are lower this year as most sensible fans predicted, so why couldnt the promoters take their blinkers off and see that their constant rule changes and lowering of standards would have this effect, because they look after themselves and not the sport.

everyone but the self interested promoters know there needs to be a true ruling body in speedway and take away the running of the sport from those who want to look after themselves.

the biggest shake up of the sport for the last 50 years was in 1965 when an independant enquiry gave recomendations that were acted on. these recomendations were that good that the basis of speedway (not the rules unfortunatly) has remained the same ever since. we need the same thing again.

riders who pick and choose meeting to ride in should be banned, once again paying fans are the ones to miss out, what a surprise.

The BSPA need to hit Barker hard with a big fine.

Loram purposely didn't sign the forms guaranteeing his appearance at BSPA events because he didn't want to be committed to them all.

Barker presumably did sign the forms, but then just doesn't turn up.

He needs to be fined heavily. If he gets away with robbing the public with his non-show then it is totally unfair on Loram.

If Barker gets away with it, then it says that Loram too could have signed the forms and still got away with picking and choosing which meetings he wanted to ride in.

All riders who missed the meeting should have to provide adequate prrof of whatever Ailment stopeed them from attending. They have helped make a mockery of what once was a great meeting.

However the meeting was devalued as soon as the gp's were introduced.

riders should not be able to opt out of these meetings, if they ride for a british team then it should be in their contract

Awwwwwwww don't you just love Deano ............. well he is Marks mate  :wink:

riders who pick and choose meeting to ride in should be banned, once again paying fans are the ones to miss out, what a surprise.

Yea two riders treated the fans like crap well done  :mad:

The BSPA need to hit Barker hard with a big fine.

Oh bless you three have gone and taken what I've posted as gospel, how sweet is that? :rolleyes: Maybe you should wait for press releases or better still ask Deano why he wasn't there riding :wink: (hence the winkie at the end of my posting it was said not tongue in cheek but in jest, you three have jumped to conclusions here I feel :lol: )

Oh bless you three have gone and taken what I've posted as gospel, how sweet is that?  :rolleyes:  Maybe you should wait for press releases or better still ask Deano why he wasn't there riding  :wink:  (hence the winkie at the end of my posting it was said not tongue in cheek but in jest, you three have jumped to conclusions here I feel  :lol: )

Nothing to do with what you have posted.

He should be fined because he was contracted to be there and didn't turn up.

Whatever his reason for not turning up that's irrelevant. If he was ill or had a genuine reason he'd have contacted the staging promotion/BSPA and provided a sicknote etc.

To just not turn up shows a despicable contempt for the paying public.

Loram purposely didn't sign the forms guaranteeing his appearance at BSPA events because he didn't want to be committed to them all.

Are you 100% this is the reason regarding Mark and the Championship of Great Britain?

Are you 100% this is the reason regarding Mark and the Championship of Great Britain?

Its been well documented and stated by both sides that he didn't sign this form, and hasn't for the past 3 years.

Are implying that he had no intention of signing the forms or was this written somewhere.

I just wondered if it had been written anywhere that this was deliberately (sp) done (I don't get the speedway star and can only go by what I hear or read on the forum).l

Richardson was not too complimentary of the British Final at Oxford .. I think the quote in Speedway Star was "It was crap ......" or similiar .....

The whole event looked pretty farsical to be fair. No Loram and Louis .... who may not be the riders they once were but better than 2/3s of that field - FACT

This will have been the Lee Richardson who turned up very very late, done nothing but moaned from the time he got there, was one of only 2 riders (Chris Louis the other) who refused to take their turn in the autograph signing hut, rode a couple of races and pulled out because he couldn't win

Frankly if you want to even listen to the view of someone who treated the event like then then that's up to you. On that day he was a disgrace and for HIM to criticise that event is scandalous