British Speedway Forum

4 qualifying spaces, Nicholls has said he's not doing them (hoping he will get a wildcard if he doesn't finish in the top 8 this year). So at the moment it is Screen, Stead, Harris & Smith. Screen is not sure at the moment, if he doesn't do it I guess it will be handed to Leigh Lanham.

Yet Andy Smith wants to get back into the GP's to "have another go at those with bigger bank balances" Good Luck Mate :D :D

SC, as I told you last night, Andy Smith will be in the 2007 GP series. When ever he has had to ride in the qualifiers, he has qualified for the GP's, they had to change the rules to stop him getting back in!!!

Guest Steve Dixon

I welcome back the qualification system,how can you call it a World Championship when the riders who contest it are hand picked?

If Smudger qualifies on merit then he has as much right as anyone else to have a go. :)

Guest Jim Blanchard
This will have been the Lee Richardson who turned up very very late, done nothing but moaned from the time he got there, was one of only 2 riders (Chris Louis the other) who refused to take their turn in the autograph signing hut, rode a couple of races and pulled out because he couldn't win

Sorry Chris but I think that is a trifle unfair on Lee. I believe he turned up late because his van was playing up. There was certainly a few people working on it for quite some time after he arrived. Perhaps he was more concerned with getting it home than signing autographs. I have no idea why he pulled out.

If I remember though correctly the organiser screwed up somewhat when dealing with some other professionals at that particular event... ;)

As it happened - I purchased a new outside stand for it, Denise and I wore matching team shirts, with name badges etc. Lost on most it seemed. Speedway - is simply not ready for such professionalism yet it seems to me. :o:)

Sorry Chris but I think that is a trifle unfair on Lee. I believe he turned up late because his van was playing up. There was certainly a few people working on it for quite some time after he arrived. Perhaps he was more concerned with getting it home than signing autographs. I have no idea why he pulled out.

If I remember though correctly the organiser screwed up somewhat when dealing with some other professionals at that particular event... ;)

As it happened - I purchased a new outside stand for it, Denise and I wore matching team shirts, with name badges etc. Lost on most it seemed. Speedway - is simply not ready for such professionalism yet it seems to me. :o  :)

Understand your points Jim, but to be fair, Chris was responding to Lee's quote in Speedway Star when he said the EVENT was "crap". If his van was playing up is neither here nor there and has nothing to do with the organisation of the event.

Guest Jim Blanchard

OK Salty fair enough.

Though the the event was Crap as far as I was concerned too - which had all to do with the organisation.

Edited by Jim Blanchard

As it happened - I purchased a new outside stand for it, Denise and I wore matching team shirts, with name badges etc. Lost on most it seemed. Speedway - is simply not ready for such professionalism yet it seems to me. :o  :)

Jim

We had a number of correspondence about it. Putting to one side the fact that it was not perfect, in fairness I never said it was perfect. Would you not agree that the principal of what was attempted was worthy of the Championship of GB. It did try to make a day of it and did try to put on an event for the fans rather than just 20 odd heats of speedway.

I understand fully your issues on the day but the idea was a good one

Thanks for your support on the Richardson thing Salty. As for Chris Louis, he had no time for fans but plenty of time to have a photo shoot with two topless Daily Sport girls which appeared in the Daily Sport on the Monday. Something about priorities there I think !!

What year at Oxford are you talking about?

OK Salty fair enough.

Though the the event was Crap as far as I was concerned too - which had all to do with the organisation.

Good post jim me are my family had a shocking day at oxford .

The organistion was all over the place and was just a mish mash of stuff from start to finish .

And the track and the racing was a pile of dog poo to be honest .

Guest Jim Blanchard
And the track and the racing was a pile of dog poo to be honest

My problems had nothing to do with the track or the racing mr. kennedy. I did not see any racing. So I could not comment.

I know that the track staff; Chivs, Steve Turner, Fat tractor man, all worked very hard preparing it on what was most likely the hottest day of the year. Pat Bint and Rob Peasley were more than friendly and helpful to us.

Is it not about time a line was drawn underneath this 2005 event now and all try and move on a bit.