British Speedway Forum

Anders,

Eastbourne v Ipswich is not listed on July 24 on Eastbourne's official website, so I assume it's off.

All the best

Rob

I would suggest that rather seeing two select teams do battle at inflated prices (sounds like a crap meeting), that people divert themselves down the road to see what will be a keenly-contested Elite League match between Eastbourne & Oxford

Yeah right - last time Oxford visited Eastboure they were defeated by 28 points - please try to gain some creditability. :rolleyes:

Anders,

Eastbourne v Ipswich is not listed on July 24 on Eastbourne's official website, so I assume it's off.

All the best

Rob

Its still on according to the Witches website. :unsure:

Yeah right - last time Oxford visited Eastboure they were defeated by 28 points - please try to gain some creditability. :rolleyes:

And it was also Todd's first meeting back and Ales wasn't in the line-up. So I think it'll be much closer this time.

How you EVER got anything positive to say????? :blink::rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

How you EVER got anything positive to say?????  :blink:  :rolleyes:

Yeah when there are positives to talk about - but I am realistic and tell it how it is, not how I'm told to say it - and if I am honest there are very few positives to speak about at Oxford this season - in fact it is the most negative season I've ever witnessed.

Yeah when there are positives to talk about - but I am realistic and tell it how it is, not how I'm told to say it - and if I am honest there are very few positives to speak about at Oxford this season - in fact it is the most negative season I've ever witnessed.

Kevin,

Replace "realistic" with "pessimistic" and you'd be about right.

If you want me to tell it how it is, then here we go. Yes, it's a very tough start to the season, especially out on the track, yet some excellent racing at Oxford and the return of Todd Wiltshire (and what a return!) have kept my spirits up.

Also, the imcoming promoter Aaron Lanney has geniunely impressed me. He comes across as a honest, straight-talking guy, and moves such as the purchase of a scoreboard suggest that, at last, we might have a promoter who sticks around. I certainly hope so.

There you go, Kevin, all my own words, as is everything I post on here. Yes, it may be a touch optimistic, etc, but that's my way. But I can see the efforts being made to make Oxford Speedway thrive again and I sincerely hope that these efforts are successful.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

I just had to double check that I was actually still reading the 'Rickardsson Farewell' thread and not another 'Oxford fans Bickering Amongst Themselves' topic. :blink: Give it a rest guys - we all know who is for Oxford and against them this year but it's spilling over into too many threads. :(

I just had to double check that I was actually still reading the 'Rickardsson Farewell' thread and not another 'Oxford fans Bickering Amongst Themselves' topic.  :blink:  Give it a rest guys - we all know who is for Oxford and against them this year but it's spilling over into too many threads.  :(

The Rickardsson meeting I am sure will be one hell of a night!!!

OK, so this will please SCB - not. :rolleyes:

The line-up for TRick's farewell has appeared in our local paper today. Its is:

Poole: Tony Rickardsson, Bjarne Pedersen, Antonio Lindback, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Craig boyce, Jonas Davidsson, Shaun tacey

Rest of the World: Tomasz Gollob, Jason Crump, Leigh Adams, Chris Holder, Nikolai Klindt, Jason Doyle, Steve Johnston.

So there you have it. Discuss and no doubt, dissect. :P;)

It does seem a relatively uninspired line-up admittedly. I don't know who has been behind getting the line-ups together...but it looks like Holta has bitten the dust now that he's not in the Polish SWC team and there's a smattering of Poole assets making up the numbers. Very strange.

Like you Tabby, I'll be on duty there. Just relieved it's a team event. Didn't fancy another individual meeting and the work it entails - next weds will be bad enough! I might just get to see Gollob do a few laps this way! Don't think my other half is impressed at having to pay extra to go to this though - his first comment was 'it doesn't exactly shout it's worth an extra 3 quid'! :rolleyes:

It does seem a relatively uninspired line-up admittedly. I don't know who has been behind getting the line-ups together...but it looks like Holta has bitten the dust now that he's not in the Polish SWC team and there's a smattering of Poole assets making up the numbers. Very strange.

Like you Tabby, I'll be on duty there. Just relieved it's a team event. Didn't fancy another individual meeting and the work it entails - next weds will be bad enough! I might just get to see Gollob do a few laps this way! Don't think my other half is impressed at having to pay extra to go to this though - his first comment was 'it doesn't exactly shout it's worth an extra 3 quid'!  :rolleyes:

Exactly!

As I am not the sort to let them down over work, like I say I will go down and sell the programmes but with this line-up I cannot see it be very exciting to watch and I must say that if I was a paying supporter at Poole I would not be too happy at the rise in entrance money for this line-up! :neutral:

Cant belive, no Loram, no Nicholls, No simmons, no Lee, could have made a big thing of this, but no disrespect to Holder & Doyle, but when did they ride for Poole alongside Trick?, it's a lets give em a run-out job.

Quite simple mate its not of case give them a "run job" at all as you have eluded to at all. Its about the Poole promotion having the fore site to show case the future young talent whom in time will eventually themselves take the EL by storm in the years ahead. Yet another wise promotional ploy by Matt Ford if you ask me and not just as fillers as the 2 of them might surprise a few people when given these rare chances in the big show.

not at £17 a time it's not. Both these two riders are or maybe Pirates of tomorrow, Trick was a Pirate of yesterday, be better to have Young England v Young Australia match if you want to show what these guys can do, and make it a series, what a spectacle that would be!