British Speedway Forum

IMO, Kolodziej should be a GP rider now, or at least with a wildcard. Kasprzak is a good rider, but I honestly think Kolodziej is better.

Will be interesting to see which rider really makes the grade .

Kolodziej has great track craft and always looks great on a bike even if behind.

Kasprzak is a real battles who hates to lose .

Lucky for some, from 9am-3.45pm I was revising Medieval History, including the Crusades, crime and society, towns and daily life, medieval art and social depictions of everyday life, and the medieval landscape.

Not any fun I can tell you that - mind you, it was worth it as I took the exam this afternoon and I think I passed it well.

Err, sorry for being so off-topic. I think you can count Holder and Bridger as potential GP stars of the future, Bridger's going pretty well already so in around 4 or 5 years I think he'll be at the top of the sport.

I feel you were not off-topic. The opening words of Hazzman's original post were 'In a revision break today'

I'd say you were right on the topic - but not the heading. :)

Jarek Hampel will be the next world champ when the old boys move out i feel

Matej Zagar really impressed me at Cardiff and lately

Troy Batchelor, Chris Holder, Hans Anderson, Kolodziej,

i personally feel they will be the ones to watch over the next 5 years :D

I feel you were not off-topic.  The opening words of Hazzman's original post were 'In a revision break today'

I'd say you were right on the topic - but not the heading.  :)

Well it's very kind of you to say so Ron. I apologise for my posting no longer. :D

Lucky for some, from 9am-3.45pm I was revising Medieval History, including the Crusades, crime and society, towns and daily life, medieval art and social depictions of everyday life, and the medieval landscape.

DartfordHammer, Just a quickie (probably off-topic :lol: ) it's been a very long time since I was at school. Do you get the opportunity to study historical topics more relevant to today's world and what's now seen as important? The history of communications, engineering, business practices, world trade, sport?

I can start a new topic if anyone would like to discuss this further, just let me know.

DartfordHammer, Just a quickie (probably off-topic  :lol: ) it's been a very long time since I was at school. Do you get the opportunity to study historical topics more relevant to today's world and what's now seen as important? The history of communications, engineering, business practices, world trade, sport?

I can start a new topic if anyone would like to discuss this further, just let me know.

To be honest mate, I have no idea - I'm not at school! :D

Seriously though, I was at school last year and none of what you mentioned was covered. It was the same old stuff; I studied the inter-wars period in Britain and Germany, the rise of Nazi Germany and universal suffrage in Britain from 1832-1928. I don't remember anything on communications, engineering, business practices, world trade or sport. I'd imagine world trade is more likely to be studied in Government & Politics than History though, if anything. I remember studying the history of medicine and treatment back at GCSE, but that's about it.

Here's my suggestions for 2012:

Current GP stars still going:

Crump (if he still wants to - he's 5 years younger than Hancock who is still going strong now)

Hampel

Lindback

Jonsson (just about)

N Pedersen (ditto)

Zagar

2006 wilcards:

H Andersen

Kolodziej

Lindgren

Kasprasak

New young blood:

Holder

Saifutindov (particularly as we'll most likely be having a Russian GP)

Bridger

Hefenbrock

Plus one from:

Batchelor

Simota

A third Dane - Risager or Bjerre

If any of the Poles fall by the wayside then I'm sure that there will be another one able to replace them (Hlib, Karol Zabik?)

If there is a second Brit it will be Stead or Harris. Auty will still only be 21 and would have to do astoundingly well to be a GP regular at that age.

Of course this assumes that the GP looks fairly similar to the current format - which it probably won't be.

thats if the gps are still going!, long time for that many years ahead, will sky be still involved anyway? :unsure:

Nobody is mentioning Danny King :( He's 19 years old and will finish his doubling up learning curve this year, OK he hasn't blasted onto the scene like Lewis has but surely he will be in the reckoning.

as hazzman said in his first post i would watch out for the young croatian jurica pavlic. only 16 (i think, i can't be sure) and he's just an exciting prospect as our very own lewis bridger.

in addition to the aussies already mentioned possibly corey gathercole, mark jones and korey williams.

A long shot could be Kim Jansson... You heard it here first!

He has been riding for Swindon Sprockets and doing very well.

Leigh Adams cousin???

has he? that's news to me! :D i had a feeling he would do well though; in australia he's been very impressive. i've got a vague feeling he's related to leigh, but i couldn't confirm it.

I'd say

Nicolai Klindt

Kevin Wölbert is also on a par with him and Pavlic

followed by

René Bach(my tip to win this years 80cc World Championship)

and i said last year watch out for Simon Fischer and after seeing him at the weekend again,he still looks good.Maybe there will be 2 Bjerre's also at the top,eh garf ;)

Lee Richardson 2008/2009 could be a future star :P