British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mateusz

Swc Event 1 - Rybnik

It is their attitude it is always defeatism. There is never we are going to win this or that. We might, but we`ll be there in the play offs, er come again. I am tired of being second or third best. But that is the British for you. Whatever sport we are in. None of them ( English sportsmen) believe in themselfs, and almost all of them settle for second best. Time for change i say! Start in believing in your ability and focus on winning and nothing else.

start on Scott Nicholls constantly talking about making a semi in the GP's ... why's that, you need to talk about WINNING.

Thought Crump was lucky he moved across to the inside and shut off leaving the Finnish rider Reima nowhere to go.

If it was Crump at the back I wonder who would have been excluded :rolleyes:

Reima was also taken out near the end by Schlein on bend 2 but to his credit stayed on the bike. If he had gone down the Aussie would have been excluded

But Crump was himself crowded out from his outside. He could either shut off or move over. Just one of those things.

But Crump was himself crowded out from his outside. He could either shut off or move over. Just one of those things.

I don't see that when the other two riders were already away and in front .....Jason had the choice to take any line down the backstraight but decided to cut hard left across Tomi Reima on the white line

I agree with Eastie... if a rider is given nowhere to go unecessarily then the verdict should be an easy one to make .......and of course it would have been if it had been Jason who had been on the receiving end

Just had a chat with a mutual friend, Reima wrecked the biked used in that incident (total write-off including the engine), then tried with another and the engine went from that one.

Not a day to remember, but made good tv...

Edited by f-s-p

I don't see that when the other two riders were already away and in front .....Jason had the choice to take any line down the backstraight but decided to cut hard left across Tomi Reima on the white line

I agree with Eastie... if a rider is given nowhere to go unecessarily then the verdict should be an easy one to make .......and of course it would have been if it had been Jason who had been on the receiving end

I thought Crump was slightly fortunate to get away with that one, but it was a tough call for the referee - all four restart would've been the best option.

It is their attitude it is always defeatism

I don't call their attitude defeatism personally, more realistic, they'd look right dicks if they talked themselves up to win and then things didn't work out, we should just be happy with the knowledge that they are MOST DEFINITELY giving 100% effort, want to racing for TeamGB and doing us and themselves proud! To be fair no rider will say, yes I'll go out and win easy do they, you can't do that! The main thing is they believe in themselves, the authorities are giving them the back up needed and that they do what's necessary on track :approve:

HERE'S TO TEAMGB on Thursday, GOOD LUCK!!!!

Great performance by Team GB and thought they all did the nation proud last night.

Would have been good to have made it straight through to the final on Saturday night but providing we get through on Thursday it could work a little in our favor having ridden a competitive meeting there 2 days previous.

COME ON TEAM GB!!

Some fantastic moves made by certain riders throughout the match, a mate said to me Gollob must race with a cork up his behind ..... hehehehe 

I'm always left wondering what it is about the SWC that brings out the best in Gollob these days. He's had a couple of good GPs this season, but it's all been from the gate. And, of course, he's always a force in the Bydgoszcz GP. But he really shines in the SWC - his team-riding with Russians in 2003, his defeat of Crump in the race-off at Poole in 2004, his tour-de-force in 2005 and now his latest heroics last night.

Spoke to a few people at work who watched this meeting last night and they were all well impressed. None of them have ever seen a live meeting yet, so I'll make sure they all come to Brum next season...........fingers crossed.

Greetings from Katowice! I was there with a few mates last night and I think in my short life in speedway that has to be the best and most exciting meeting Ive ever been to.

Rybnik as a facility is bloody brilliant for a start. It puts Reading and just about any UK home in the shade. Even Brandon. Great place to go.

GB did so very well, but the aussies deserved it really. Poles don't like losing much and let their riders know it.

I was texting a mate back in the UK after each couple of races and I was literally shaking after the final heat and could hardly manage it. Just brilliant riding and absolute awesome speedway race after race. Superb. I hope it came across on TV just how heated the atmosphere was. I hope GB just realise that if they raise their game 10% that trophy is theirs.

Off to Sweden tonight for a long drive tomorrow.

I thought Crump was slightly fortunate to get away with that one, but it was a tough call for the referee - all four restart would've been the best option.

Funnily enough that was my opinion too, Crump squeezed through, just, but clearly his action casued the rider to lose control, in my opinion.

I must admit, my first reaction was that Crumpie caused that particular crash, but my other half felt the Finn rode into the back of him. I too felt that the ref allowed quite a lot of 'rolling' at the starts.

How was Gollob allowed to take Jagus' place and his own as a joker in the last 5 races.

I did enjoy the meeting very much though, much much closer than anyone predicted I think.

Poor Mark looked really nervous, but I do think Thursday will be much more difficult to qualify, I think Kolodziej will be in for the Poles in stead of Jagus.

Edited by Badge

The self same way that Leigh Adams was allowed to take 6 rides, including a Joker ride, in the race-off last season. The rules are exactly the same as last season. The only "controversial" matter involving the Poles seems to be the late substitution of Jagus for Kolodziej.

team gb were fantastic last night a great match for the neutral once the first five heats were out of the way.

ive billed this as "the real world cup" to freinds and family and they were thrilled.better than those puffs who play football was one quote!especialyy when you put it into context when a football player is headbutted in the chest he collapses like a sack of spuds then you get tomi reima who hits the fence at a ridiculous high speed and walks away with no fuss.

looking forward to going saturday now as the boys should storm through.out of curiosity what is the rough capacity for reading speedway stadium?

I don't call their attitude defeatism personally, more realistic, they'd look right dicks if they talked themselves up to win and then things didn't work out, we should just be happy with the knowledge that they are MOST DEFINITELY giving 100% effort, want to racing for TeamGB and doing us and themselves proud!  To be fair no rider will say, yes I'll go out and win easy do they, you can't do that!  The main thing is they believe in themselves, the authorities are giving them the back up needed and that they do what's necessary on track  :approve:

HERE'S TO TEAMGB on Thursday, GOOD LUCK!!!!

Yesterday i agree the team rode well and some above theirselfs. But when individually or has a team was the last time Team GB (England) won anything? Did they go on in following years to follow the likes of the Danes in the Eighties, Sweden, Aussie or Poland in sustaining that level of WINNING play? I think not. Remarkable as it was to have the likes of Peter Collins, Chris Morton, Gary Havelock and Mark Loram as one time winners. It has been few and far between in success. I would love to see Team GB and the individual members of british speedway have a more consistant, sustained level of success. So how do we achieve that aim? It is all and well doing well and coming second or third or forth all the time, but if you want to be remembered you have to win. And in order to win, you must be determined to do so, and not settle for an also ran. Which at the moment some of our riders do. So how do they change that, you may ask? It`s all in the mind, confidence, using your wisdom, being a step ahead of the others, out wit them and think as a champion.

Oh well time i went out,

see ya :)