British Speedway Forum
crazysue

World Cup Meeting 2 @ Malilla 18/07/06

()

Pearson also makes loads of mistakes! Both he and Millard should go IMO. they make a laughing stock of our sport!

It's a laughing stock anyway (well British Speedway is)but I agree with you about these commentators

Edited by barrow boy

Completely agree the ref made the wrong decision about poor old Charlie - that was a magnificent ride from him... but then even if the decision had been the other way Sweden would have still, much deservedly, gone through.

Also... agree that Pearson and Tatum are probably best pairing for commentary - well, except for Kelv's infamous "put the brakes on" comment from Sunday! Tee hee!

:wink:

Main problem for Millard last night was that without the studio or Sophie in the pits he had to do a lot more talking than normal. Consequently, he talked a lot more drivel than during an EL meeting.

Personally, I wish Pearson would tone it down a bit, but he does give a far more professional sheen to proceedings than Millard.

I'm surprised that Sky still tolerate someone who makes so many basic errors.

Thought it was quite an entertaining meeting, AJ, Lindback and Hamill all putting on a show. I also thought Tomas Suchanek did ok, particularly in the race where he came from 4th to 2nd only to lose it on the final bend.

Owlerton becuase it's a decent Stadium.  Stead flies there, Screen does also.  Only some of the Dane's/Aussie's are likely to have seen it before.

Nah. Everybody else will fly round there too.

And well done to Cradley tonight.

:approve:

throwing in random snippets of info about all the leagues and riders rather than the length of the track, what the start marshall does in his spare time etc. Who cares?!!

Did you know that Ronnie is the shortest rider in the Elite League. :rolleyes::D

what about the outfit the start marshal was wearing for the first few heats, long tailed frock coat and a bandanna - looked like a cross between an orchestral conductor and an extra from Pirates of the Caribbean......

I decided that he had to be German or Dutch, they've got strange dress sense. :P

except for Kelv's infamous "put the brakes on" comment from Sunday! Tee hee!

I've read several comments about this. Putting 'the brakes on' is a well used analogy for slowing significantly and sharply. It was even used in Top Gun. My knowledge if '80s US Airforce planes may not be all that it could be, but I'm pretty sure that rather like a speedway bike an F-14 didn't/doesn't have brakes either. ;)

If he is there tomorrow at Reading, Millards most repeated line "Greg Hancock, the man who has scored most points in a SWC meeting since the format was changed" Unless you know better?

At least he can't use "team mate and partner". :D

The catchphrases don't bother me as much as the mistakes.

If it were my call I'd go for Nigel (with the volume turned down a bit :P ), and Floppy in coms, and Sophie and Kelvin in the studio (esp. if they could ditch the headphones and ask their own questions). :approve: