British Speedway Forum

Hey,whats it like up in cloud cuckoo land?

3rd....Are you Hans in disguise? How can you possibly say that there was no malice intended.Only Hans knows the answer to that.He over rode and new it.Scotts pass was hard but very fair.

so you actually feel there was no malice intended, as Mr Andersen was sideways on the straight  :unsure:  You must be wearing beer goggles my friend.

Me thinks that with moves like what hans pulls, he won't have to fear any other opponent, he'll fence himself, and still say on camera, 'what goes around, comes around' :D

some people could do with learning to read.

I never said there was no malice intended. for obvious reasons I can't say that. However I said that I don't believe there was any, purely my opinion and one i'm entitled to.

Hans Andersen is a rider i'm proud to cheer on in panthers colours, and a rider i'd much rather have in the team I support rather than damp squib Nicholls.

Every sport needs their pantomime bad guys, and I think Hans enjoys living up to it.

He's exciting to watch, and that makes the sport interesting, even if he is perhaps a bit dangerous :unsure:

Every sport needs their pantomime bad guys, and I think Hans enjoys living up to it.

He's exciting to watch, and that makes the sport interesting, even if he is perhaps a bit dangerous  :unsure:

Nicki last year Hans this year wonder who will be the "bad guy" next season....

He's exciting to watch, and that makes the sport interesting, even if he is perhaps a bit dangerous  :unsure:

....and he is so fit.

Agree 100%.

Had Nicholls been the captain of the England football team there would have been a national outcry over his lack of sportsmanship. With the kudos of the captaincy comes the responsibility and than includes being a role model for kids in the art of sportmanship. Nicholls failed dismally. Can you imagine Loram behaving in such a manner....no neither can I.

Absolutely NOT - the complete opposite in fact! I have personally seen Mr Loram's sportsmanship first hand. When Wolves won the EL title in 2002 Mark not only went round and shook hands with every Wolves rider, but he did the same with the vast majority of Wolves fans as well! Meanwhile his less sporting team mates were storming round the pits with faces like thunder muttering about how the bloody play-oofs were a farce! On the other occasion Mark came round to the 10 Wolves fans who were at Arena last season when we won easily and gave US a round of applause! Now THAT's what I call class!!!!!! :approve:

eeer no, incorrect

Post race after the interview Hans admitted Scott had ridden well and said "What goes around comes around" clearly, IMO, meaning I rode hard, he rode hard and he got the better of me this time and I have to accept it. No dummies no toys slung at all.

As they were on the wind down lap HE was the one who, after losing the race, offered the hand of congratulation to SN.

So please explain how this make him sulky?

Spot on Melchie!!!! I must admit it could have been taken either way but having wathed it again, he does seem to be saying that he got me back this time but it might be different next time! :blink:

Now what would have been classy is Scott shaking Hans hand as if nothing had happened, that would have hurt Hans pride more than refusing to shake his hand and looking like Hans got to him.  That is what disappoints me a little with Scott is his tendency to let the red mist rule him when he could do more damage by acting differently.  Hans knew what he had done and knew Scott had got him back and was willing to shake hands because as he says what goes around comes around.

The other thing I find amusing is Sky blatant bias toward team GB which is fine but it does make them look silly at times.  The first example being the whole Hans/Scott hand shaking episode and their view that Scott offered his hand to the big bad wolf and he wouldn’t shake it.  Then after seeing it again it was clear that it was the other way round.  The second example was the whole first bend bunching debate.  When Nicki Pedersen came off having really nowhere to go it was obviously his fault for the stoppage and as it gave GB an advantage he MUST be excluded (Nigel Pearson was making himself look a bit daft during this bit if you ask me).  Tatum was trying to agree in the nicest possible way without telling Pearson he was talking out of his rear and that type of incident has had all 4 back since year dot.  Lo and behold when Chris Harris then falls foul to a bit of first bend bunching and ‘was the cause of the stoppage’ it’s all forgotten about and it MUST be all 4 back. 

I found it funny anyhow………..

I agree with both these points Mumsie! Nicholls was behaving like a six year old - at the end of the day Andersen stuffed him and he did the same back - twit or tat end of story. The handshake thing was pathetic! :rolleyes:

Pearson was doing my head in BIG style last night - He's an a***!

What does amaze me though is that this tread was started at 8.57pm yesterday by someone who claims to support Team GB and there had been almost 40 replies before last night's meeting at Reading had even finished! Obviously none of these people were actually at the track to support Team GB and some of them were clearly sat in front of their computers and not watching all of the event on TV.

Some supporters have very strange priorities.

Sorry but are you serious? :blink: Hello?! I'd call NOT taking my 5 year old to Reading for a speedway match when she'd got to get up for school this morning, getting my priorities BANG ON thanks! :mad:

Besides some of us can walk and chew gum you know - or in this case watch TV an use the PC!

Edited by lupus

Besides some of us can walk and chew gum you know - or in this case watch TV an use the PC!

Ah well, it helps if you're not blonde as well - oops that's you out then! :lol:

Spot on with the comments 'tho. Dummies were very definitely spat out by certain riders, where others who had far more cause to be disgruntled (Chris Harris for one) just got on with the job in hand.

Still- should make for interesting racing on Saturday (well, something has to, 'cos the track certainly won't...)

Nicki last year Hans this year wonder who will be the "bad guy" next season....

Some dirty dane no doubt ;) It's the way they teach em :blink:

I'm not surprised in the least to see this thread on here because quite a few people seem to take great delight in slagging off Hans Andersen at every available opportunity.

What does amaze me though is that this tread was started at 8.57pm yesterday by someone who claims to support Team GB and there had been almost 40 replies before last night's meeting at Reading had even finished! Obviously none of these people were actually at the track to support Team GB and some of them were clearly sat in front of their computers and not watching all of the event on TV.

Some supporters have very strange priorities.

You are certainly coming under fire for your comments above,

I had to work a night shift which was 4/4 and couldn't get time off, if I did it would then cost me at least £50.00 in petrol money there and back on top of the admission charge of £75.00, on another thread the ticket prices are all £25.00 each including kids and as I wouldn't of been able to go without them therefore costing me a total of £125.00 and thats without anything to eat or drink with the I want gang.

So the choice I had left go to work earn my money come home 6am then watch the replay at 10am on SKY, which the whole package costs under £50.00 for the MONTH ................ who's got the brains, yes live speedway is a buzz no one can say it's not but when it's a case of feeding the family for the week or having 1 night out, I think I got my priorities in order don't you :wink:

Getting back to topic though (highly unusual for me :P ) It occured to me how excellent Hans English is whilst being interviewed :approve:

Edited by shazzybird

A great rider and entertainer that Hans Andersen is, it will be case of reaping wot you sow.

A great rider and entertainer that Hans Andersen is,  it will be case of reaping wot you sow.

Who cares who was right, who was wrong or what happened between Scotty and Hans... It was a great race, great entertainment and great drama... I loved it! I would much rather have that than a dull race and a polite hand shake.. Brings back memory of the great days of Carter and Penhall.... More please!

Just seen a few replays and genuinely can't see anything wrong with the move.  :blink:

All through the meeting hans had been coming from the inside line at the corner, right across to the fence at a much steeper angle than everyone else, it almost looked as though he looked out the corner of his eye to see where nicholls was, thought he was far enough behind, then came across to the fence, and maybe miscalculated slightly.

Whereas nicholls' move on hans seemed a bit more of a red mist situation, where he got rather close to hans' leg mid-corner.

Did rather amuse me the handbags from nicholls when hans tried to shake his hand though.  :D

When it came down to it though, nicholls and andersen preferred completely different lines, hans going from inside to right on the outside, whereas nicholss going from further outside to more inside, so they were always going to cross, as it looked like Hans was trying to explain to his mechanic after the race.

I genuinely believe there was no malice intended. :)

typical panthers fan wearing his (hers) rose tinted specs??

Been no reply from Mr bratley as yet strange he usually comes on to defend his little soldier!!!

Who cares who was right, who was wrong or what happened between Scotty and Hans... It was a great race, great entertainment and great drama... I loved it! I would much rather have that than a dull race and a polite hand shake.. Brings back memory of the great days of Carter and Penhall.... More please!

Well said Cat, they were my thoughts as well. Roll on Saturday, I'll be there and hoping GB win. If that does not happen then club loyalties kick in and that means Denmark for me with Hans leading the way.

typical panthers fan wearing his (hers) rose tinted specs??

Been no reply from Mr bratley as yet strange he usually comes on to defend his little soldier!!!

You are a sad man Mr Moore, you come on here every so often and on the Panthers page having a go at Hans or the Panthers. I see you even had a go at a Poole match you went to see and say how boring it was. I think your time would be better employed watching tiddlywinks in outer Mongolia, no controvesy and rivetting action.

In my opinion i thought it was a silly move by Hans and it was a good job that Scott knew what hans was probably going to try and do to him. It looked from a certain angle they showed last night that Hans came across the track very sharply and the way the back end of the bike came across infront of Scott made the move look planned, Scott was hard back on Hans but left him room. I wouldnt have not shaken his hand after that move to be honest and the reason there is bad feeling is due to what Hans again did to Scott in the same competiton a few years back.

There is hard racing & fair racing then there is putting somebody in a position where they see there life pass before there eyes, the past two weeks has made us wake up to the dangers of the sport more than ever, you put yourself in Scotts position last night !! and maybe the 2 other riders behind him !! I just hope that when they meet on saturday they both ride it fair and the best rider wins.

Yes Ross. It all boils down to that self same competition a few years ago:

Perhaps if Hans had tried the technique he used last night (to stop the outside run of a quicker rider) in a certain race at Poole, perhaps he would not be so unpopular with certain fans! :D

My own opinion is that Hans tried to be overly aggressive and messed his own race up. If he had worried more about what he was doing and less about what Nicholls was doing he might have won the race.

I also think Scott went to shake hands but then pushed Hans' hand away. It made me wonder at the time whether anything was said between the two to make Scott change his mind. If Scott never intended to shake hands he could have simply blanked Hans or rode round to the pits before him.

I must confess, I generally take criticisms of Scott from Ipswich fans with a pinch of salt, especially where Hans Andersen is also involved. I think many of them do not seem able to forgive Scott for leaving them at the end of 2004.