British Speedway Forum

his cooments towards Harris were wrong, he also lost some credibility when he claimed Harris "looked him in the eye" then fell over.

Denmark were the best on the night, the track was awful.....

That would mean half the riders being fined, as i have heard many of them swear on tv.

The Danes were worthy winners, as they were the best team on the night. They didn't need to react the way they did agreed. But it's gone it's over and it not important now... big respect for Travis who did take it on the chin, and for Boyce' for managing to show his frustration without getting too riled up...

As for Sportmanship, every team and most riders have been the same in the past few years, so to "single" out the Danes is unfair, i didn't see Charlie or Niels getting involved in it. There were a couple of time on thursday and a couple of times tonight when riders wouldn't acknowledge another rider, this show's bad sportmanship.

I don't like Nicholls but he did the right thing and shook the danes hands on the way to the podium. (pity he didn't do it thursday).

There are going to be riders we like, and riders we don't like, teams we like and teams we don't like. it's the way sport is. We can all put on our rose tinted glasses and argue to the end of the earth... but it forgotten soon enough..

Why dont you like Scotty?Such a shame the danes won tonight,It would have been a lot better if the swedes won(even though im english)lets hope its long time before you danes win again,I could use foul language to express how i feel about tonight,But unlike Hans and Nikki englishmen can control themselves,As hans said on thursday what comes around goes around,I rest my case and go to bed.

Well done to the Danes on a well deserved victory. Speedway would be so boring without riders such as Andersen, Nicki Pedersen, Nicholls, Crump, Jonsson and Lindback. Right or wrong decisions, everyone will have their own opinion, but it made for good television.

Guest PanthersChamp06

Ofcourse Nicholls has never sworn on telly before has he! :D He swore at Bjarne in the Pits when they were looking at the replay.

Always nice to see Lupus lining up to have a dig at a Bees rider. Whether Chris came down too easily or not is probably only a question the rider himself knows the answer to. But lets face it, it's not the first time a rider appeared to fall off easily in a race against Hans Andersen this year is it?

Those in glass houses..........

For Hans Andersen to then launch into a televised frenzy, expletive littered rant is not very professional - and even worse to accuse Harris of being a ' Conference League'  rider
Bet Sky were loving every minute......

Who was the ref tonight, they never said and I didn't recognise him.

Being British and not particulary liking Andersen I have to say it was completely the wrong call, the ref made the call before wtahcing the replays. Any contact was very minimal and not enough for Harris to go down.

Congrats to Denmark and even Hans Andersen for winning the World Cup !

Hans Andersen is certainly a fantastic rider and I guess he was within his rights to feel a little aggrieved when excluded after he took Chris Harris's line - not dissimilar to the Scottie exclusion at Arena when he 'took Kylmakorpi's line' but then that is speedway. For Hans Andersen to then launch into a televised frenzy, expletive littered rant is not very professional - and even worse to accuse Harris of being a ' Conference League'  rider which is just downright disrespectful to his fellow racers just about sums the guy up - a w**k*r of the first degree !

Well done to the Brits in taking third place .... interestingly, had these teams been subject to current British CMA points limits before the start , Denmark 45.17 - Sweden 42.10 - Australia 42.03 - GB 38.84 just sows how well the Brits rode !

Cheers

while i agree hans outburst was over the top,sky must have known what was possible before the interview started. no one stuck a mic in wayne rooneys face when he was sent off. re the incident i thought the ref made a bad decision,and made it without looking at all the angles,i reckon on reflection he realised what he had done,and tried to even it up with the travis exclusion

A long story, but Nicholls is one of the riders i have heard swear on TV, when he didn't agree with a decision.

It has nothing to do with how some of the Danes acted tonight, i think most people are in agreement that they were wrong... and reacted in an inappropriate manner..

Who was the ref tonight, they never said and I didn't recognise him.

Being British and not particulary liking Andersen I have to say it was completely the wrong call, the ref made the call before wtahcing the replays. Any contact was very minimal and not enough for Harris to go down.

I think I caught the name as Spinka or similar , but have to agree it certainly was the wrong call. But these thing even themselves out , McGowans was not the most consistant call either.

Bomber would have had a yellow card for ' simulation ' if it was football. ;) Mind you, it made a change to see a Brit do something like this, as we are usually so

' fair play ' minded in sport. He clearly learnt from a certain World Champion who did a not dissimilar thing at Cardiff a year or two back when Floppy passed him on the inside of the first bend ! ( sorry if any of this has been said before - dont have time to wade through 23 more pages of this thread ! ).

I think Pearson said that the ref was Milan Spinka. Is that the former Swindon rider?

Never mind eh, it happens ;)

Well done denmark,Hans was robbed harris just bailed out.GB will never win anything with half the team not on the pace .