British Speedway Forum

Used to have respect for Scotty but thats all gone now! A couple of times last night he was abit dirty! And not shaking hands with Hans (Pushing him away) How childish Scotty! Get you a dummy for Saturday! :lol:

Good God!!! This is Speedway not a "Knitting Class".

Its hard racing from both parties. Not shaking hands, rivalry between teams and riders.....its all good stuff.

Edited by Mr Bee

Oh behave!

Could say the same for Nicki P not shaking hands then! :angry:

Used to have respect for Scotty but thats all gone now! A couple of times last night he  was abit dirty! And not shaking hands with Hans (Pushing him away) How childish Scotty! Get you a dummy for Saturday!  :lol:

Do you ride motorbikes? I suspect not as if you did you'd have a bit more understanding of how close to a nasty injury Nicholls was last night thanks to 'The Great One' as he is seemingly portrayed by many on here. Why should he shake the idiots hand?

THere was nothing wrong with Scott's move on The Great One (nothing at all, watch it again). I, for one, applaud the determination of riders like Scott to not let bullying, dangerous riding by the likes of Andersen and Pedersen get the better of them and I hope we see more of the same from Team GB on Saturday.

Cheer for The Danes if you want - i'm sure they'll be plenty on here who could lend you a flag for you to wave on Saturday as this forum seems to be full of apparently British fans supporting every other nation in speedway except GB!

Glenn

While I agree Scotty's actions after the race might not have been totally correct, you need to look at Andersen' part in all of this together with Han's first ride (I think it was) against Gollob.

It was hard racing by both of them, they are both putting it on the line for their countries and theres no free hand-outs in Speedway.

At least Scotty is showing more spirit than those over paid prima donnas who failed miserably in the football world cup...

If Scott felt that aggrieved with Andersen he was right not to shake his hand, who the hell wants to shake hands with someone who could have just maimed you!!!!

From what I saw at Reading the brits were riding out of their bleeding skins, they want the win as much as we want them to get it 100%, well proud of them.

Han's first ride

Pearson and Tatum never got excited about the same move in that race :neutral:

Good God!!!  This is Speedway not a "Knitting Class".

Its hard racing from both parties.  Not shaking hands, rivalry between teams and riders.....its all good stuff.

Exactly, i've never really got the whole shaking hands thing after races. After the meeting yes, but during i feel is a bit ott. They don't do it in the GP's why in the league/SWC.

Used to have respect for Scotty but thats all gone now! A couple of times last night he  was abit dirty! And not shaking hands with Hans (Pushing him away) How childish Scotty! Get you a dummy for Saturday!  :lol:

Please tell me your post is a wind-up.

The charming Mr Andersen almost put him in Row K.

There you go again Jess, one posting and you're back to square one, behave yourself it's all in the name of sport.

Good God!!!  This is Speedway not a "Knitting Class".

Its hard racing from both parties.  Not shaking hands, rivalry between teams and riders.....its all good stuff.

^^ What he said ^^

Whilst no one wants to see crashes and riders getting injured, we pay good money to see close racing and riders trying hard.

Personally I think it's a disgrace when "England" fans booed Andersen and Nicki Pedersen when they were on the podium at the end of the meeting. These "fans" convieniently forget (Dive)Bomber Harris' tactical fall when he missed the gate in heat 16.

Well i haven't had chance to watch it again yet but from what i saw last night at reading, i fully back scotty.

Hans andersen nearly stuck him up by me on the 4th bend in that one race!

It's great to see really determination by the british lads, more than those footballers will ever do.

Do you ride motorbikes? I suspect not as if you did you'd have a bit more understanding of how close to a nasty injury Nicholls was last night thanks to 'The Great One' as he is seemingly portrayed by many on here. Why should he shake the idiots hand?

THere was nothing wrong with Scott's move on The Great One (nothing at all, watch it again). I, for one, applaud the determination of riders like Scott to not let bullying, dangerous riding by the likes of Andersen and Pedersen get the better of them and I hope we see more of the same from Team GB on Saturday.

Cheer for The Danes if you want - i'm sure they'll be plenty on here who could lend you a flag for you to wave on Saturday as this forum seems to be full of apparently British fans supporting every other nation in speedway except GB!

Glenn

Exactly! but half of these brits come swedes/danes only ''support'' them because they fancy a rider, its pathetic. I don't really have a problem with people who admire the riding of these teams but half the time they support teams on looks and thats why these people's opinions count for nothing. I mean how can anyone say scott was out of order after what hans did to him.

I must admit to shouting at the tv just as Scott moved inside Hans over the start line. It was something along the lines of "stuff the dirty ******".

For me Hans is a top top rider - but the "normal unbiaised" speedway fan loses a lot of respect for a rider when they pull moves like he did last night.

Riders like Hancock, Crump, Rickardsson, Gollob will always give you just enough room to be safe on the bike - something Hans might like to learn - and pretty quickly.

ooh ooh ooh I don't support GB anymore cause that nasty scotty won't shake hands, and bomber looks like jethro without the beard. I'm going to support the danes cause they might win it and their allso good looking and theyve all got such lovely blond hair well all except bjarne cause hes going a bit bald but he looks lovely with a hat on blah blah blah

Pathetic :angry: GET BEHIND YOUR COUNTRY!