British Speedway Forum

Personally i think Scotty is a good guy who deserves to get something out of his racing, dont think he will ever be world champion standerd but i think with the work he has put in deserves something more than getting a wild card year after year. I think though he totally needs to change his attitude. In the world cup he was the first one to stand up and have a go at the Danes when they didn't even do anything wrong but he finds it ok to go round knocking riders off and cutting Greg up, who deserved it far more tonight than Scotty. He needs to get over any problems he has with anyone and consontrate on his racing. He needs to lightern up and enjoy himself, otherwise whats the piont. Love him or Hate him he is a top class rider but the question still remains, will he ever be able to go all the way and really turn the speedway world upside down?

Personally i think Scotty is a good guy who deserves to get something out of his racing, dont think he will ever be world champion standerd but i think with the work he has put in deserves something more than getting a wild card year after year. I think though he totally needs to change his attitude. In the world cup he was the first one to stand up and have a go at the Danes when they didn't even do anything wrong but he finds it ok to go round knocking riders off and cutting Greg up, who deserved it far more tonight than Scotty. He needs to get over any problems he has with anyone and consontrate on his racing. He needs to lightern up and enjoy himself, otherwise whats the piont. Love him or Hate him he is a top class rider but the question still remains, will he ever be able to go all the way and really turn the speedway world upside down?

I think scott must be an act of god as he has a chip on his shoulder big enough to feed the world.

I think Everyone knows Scotty will never be World Champion, despite being one of his biggest fans I'm the first to admit that. However I will stick up for his attitude.

Yeah he had a go at the danes in the world cup, but with the history between the two sides, and having seen his team mate knocked off I think he had every right to put his point across.

Tonight he probably did deserve to get excluded, but what he did was nothing worse than what Pedersen did to PUK and the same outcome happened there.

And as for cutting Hancock up - he was protecting his position, whats he meant to do, sit and wave Greg through?

What is it with the typical British attitude of knocking someone down whilst in their prime. Tonight Scott was the second best rider in the world. Fact. Lets celebrate that and hope he can go one step better in two weeks time

I have disagreed with certain things that Scott has done over the past year but come GP's and SWC he gets my support 100% (unlike the other Brit :mad: )

Scott is a hard rider, but I thought that is what we wanted, we want our boys to get tough on the track, not to whimp out at the back!

Exactly tabby - yet when they do they seem to get criticised. I despair

Scott is a hard rider, but I thought that is what we wanted, we want our boys to get tough on the track, not to whimp out at the back!

Totally agree.

Scott takes a load of criticism on here for not wanting it enough, yet when he forces his way past an opponent he is castigated for his efforts. :rolleyes:

Fancy scotty taking gregs line tonight !! Must remind him to wave greg past next time !!

The Bris have been hammered for not being hard enough .... Scott on Greg was hard but fair racing. If he let him through all and sundry would be asking why he did not close the door.

Scotty may not make it to be World Champion but he is whole back straight better than the other Brits at the moment.

Its a hard game especally at GP level its good to see Scott mixing it and seeming to want it more, you need to be physically and mentally tough hope Scott keeps it up and has more GP success.

Have to agree he is by far the best Brit out there at the moment and i think he sould be racing hard because he needs to get some pionts but it was Greg who should have been in that final tonight and i know Scotty was not gonna let him through but if he can call Hans a dirty rider for what he did to Bomber than he really needs to look at himself. Good on him for getting into the top 8 but i would like to see him get there on his own merit next time not a poor ref desision.

I have disagreed with certain things that Scott has done over the past year but come GP's and SWC he gets my support 100% (unlike the other Brit :mad: )

With you there Tabby

As a Coventry rider I feel he has done nothing for the club apart from his dominant precence on the track.

He arrives minutes before 7pm and leave 5 minutes after parade.

He never spends time with the fans, maybe the token few and doesnt seem to want to get invloved and ackowledge those who have supported his rise to British number one.

But he is British and a Bee so he will get my support at club and country level.

I just wish he could give a little back sometimes. :rolleyes:

There is a difference between Scott and Hans, with regards to their racing style/antics (I am well aware that one is British, one is Danish etc)

Although I am forever getting into trouble for these types of comments, I like Hans as a guy, met him at the Bournemouth Indoor in 2001 and have never had any reason to change my views on him since then! However, Hans the rider is a totally different kettle of fish (where the hell did that saying come from? :unsure: ) He takes being a hard rider to the extreme, maybe it is something that is taught mainly in Denmark as I know Nicki can be over tough too and Bjarne is working on it! :rolleyes:

Scott is just a hard racer, more often than not he will give his opponent room to race or atleast give them time to back off, this is the difference between the two!

The incident tonight with Zager, although I felt Scott would be excluded from the re-run of the Semi-Final, I can see Tony Steeles point on this one! I have replayed the incident a few times now and do feel that Zager could very easily have stayed up, but felt if he went down that Scott would get excluded and he would get another chance!

Same, I might add in the Iversen/Pedersen incident - Niels thought he would get another chance and a better one, after having Nicki excluded - that backfired too!

It's a tough one - we admire the Danes and their hard riding Pedersen and Andersen combination, yet get a Brit showing the same osrt of moves and it's frowned upon. Why is this?

I'm not a huge Scotty fan - well no more or less than any other rider, but I do cheer him on in the GPs and national events. I do find the ongoing conversations about whether his riding is good or bad quite interesting when compared to someone like say, Nicki P. Nicki divides opinion right down the middle - does Scott do the same? Aggressive or doesn't have the killer instinct?

Interesting what you say about the rider pre and post meeting F4E. I must admit I never see what riders do other than their track walk and the riding. It wouldn't bother me if one of our riders disappeared straight after a meeting - he's maybe got a distance to travel and wants to get home. I've seen behind the scenes in years gone by and seena dn heard what goes on here and there and tbh it nearly put me right off the sport in some cases. Don't know - I'm always more interested in what riders do on track nowadays. I've lost respect for many a rider for seeing what a d-head they are off track and that's difficult to get back. :rolleyes: