British Speedway Forum

Any live updates for this one?

Yes, most likely. I have only one or two things to sort out, so watch this space for a link to the updates come Saturday afternoon (or the Grand Final website, www.vmselit.nu/grandfinal).

Should be an interesting evening with many riders riding well in Vetlanda. For you Brits, "Bomber" Harris was excellent in Vetlanda two years ago in the VMS Elit vs Kaparna league meeting and Stead was equally good last week when he scored 9 in 6 for MasarnaAvesta, including two wins over Holta. Howe will have a tough time I imagine...time will tell...

just noticed SKYBET have priced this up when i was looking at Arena match

Andersen H 5/4

Holta R 7/4

Karlsson P 4/1

Sullivan R 10/1

Stead S 14/1

Gjedde C 25/1

Jagus W 25/1

Ferjan M 25/1

Protasiewicz P 33/1

Harris C 33/1

Laukkanen K 50/1

Max M 80/1

Howe D 100/1

Gafurov R 125/1

Smolinski M 125/1

Kosciecha R 125/1

Go renat and go howe want some unfashable riders to make it ,also fejan would be as funny as hell :P .

Anybody know if this is on tv/streaming anywhere???ta

Bit of a lazy post this (because the answer is probably earlier in the thread) but is the format 20 heats and a 4 man final?

If it is, with only 3 qualifiers that is going to be a tasty 1st turn in the final.

I would expect BSI will be as nervous as many of the riders as to what happens tonight, as it will effect their options when it comes down to picking the 4 seeded spots.

Imagine a scenario where Hans fails to qualify, given his form in the GP's it would be sure he would get seeded. Most people expect Hampel, Lindback and Zagar to be included (if they don't get top 8 spots), this would leave BSI with little flexibility. So if none of the Brits go through tonight they must surely hope that Hans does and leaves them with a chance for that 4th seeded position.

My picks for tonight...Hans, Rune and Jagus. But would love to see someone like Kai, Bomber or Matej F sneak through, not to mention "The Gaffer!!".

I reckon Gjedde might be worth a flutter at 25/1

I have £1 E/W on Gjedde and £5 E/W on Pepe and Bomber.

If Hans don't win it I'll be very suprised. My only worry is he might settle for a second or 3rd in the final to guarnetee his place rather than risk a pass so I don't want to put money on him to win it and an E/W bet is pointless.

If Hans don't win it I'll be very suprised.  My only worry is he might settle for a second or 3rd in the final to guarnetee his place rather than risk a pass so I don't want to put money on him to win it and an E/W bet is pointless.

Very good point SCB. No point backing someone to win an event where it only matters to finish in the top 3.

With the odds for Hans and Holta being so short there is plenty of e/w value to be had.

Interesting, just been looking at the Vetlanda link someone posted, http://www.vmselit.nu/grandfinal/index.php...=21&module=news, and the latest news item says that they have covered the track to keep the rain off... Wonder how this works, as haven't we always been told in the UK covering a track is 'impossible'?

1st Holta 2nd Hans 3rd PK 4th Harris.

Goodbye PK :cry:

Edited by superguest